Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jan 8, 2021 at 12:49 PM Post #69,871 of 155,069
Yeah, but you've got to admit, the B Side was pretty good...! :k701smile:
Cassette is for posers
7248194B-2EA3-4CD9-9E3E-F3234B282BDC.jpeg

Jan 8, 2021 at 12:50 PM Post #69,873 of 155,069
I was considering getting Qobuz or Tidal for it's integration with Roon, which I love for my local files... I didn't realize that everything was merged. I guess I'll just stick with Spotify for streaming and discovering new stuff, since that has no integration with Roon at all. Then buy the stuff I really like on CD or lossless download as I've been doing.
You can try Roon for free.

Jan 8, 2021 at 12:54 PM Post #69,874 of 155,069
You can try Roon for free.
I have Roon lifetime. I was sold on that after the free trial years ago. I had just never integrated the streaming services with it, since I also have a Spotify family plan. But if Roon melds all of Qobuz/Tidal with your local stuff, I’m more likely to just stick with Spotify.
Same reason I stayed with Spotify rather than doing Apple Music some years back. Apple muffed the integration of stuff you owned with the subscription content

Jan 8, 2021 at 1:22 PM Post #69,877 of 155,069
But TX barbeque has no taste, therefore a lack of taste is logically irrelevant. :stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Can someone with no taste judge whether something has taste or not?

I've done this several times and it actually works quite nicely. If you redirect the package to Walgreens prior to the delivery date, it's likely there won't even be any delay. Works like a dream for spousal subterfuge as well, at least from what I've read from others. :smile:
So that's how you get TX barbeque into your house without your wife knowing about it (otherwise, you'd have to share).

The best barbeque I have ever enjoyed was in Montevideo, Uruguay.

Here's an (old) article to help stoke the State VS State fire:
https://www.businessinsider.com/the-25-best-barbecue-restaurants-in-america-2015-7
Money people pretending to know about food? (yes, I saw Business Insider (re)published an article) Wow, even included a New England establishment (and one from NY?). I wonder if he really had the lobster and ketchup but posted a photo he got over the internet?

Jan 8, 2021 at 1:22 PM Post #69,878 of 155,069
I have Roon lifetime. I was sold on that after the free trial years ago. I had just never integrated the streaming services with it, since I also have a Spotify family plan. But if Roon melds all of Qobuz/Tidal with your local stuff, I’m more likely to just stick with Spotify.
Same reason I stayed with Spotify rather than doing Apple Music some years back. Apple muffed the integration of stuff you owned with the subscription content
Here's a way to filter displayed Roon content based on pretty much anything including filtering out Tidal
https://help.roonlabs.com/portal/en...create-a-smart-playlist-how-do-i-save-a-focus

Jan 8, 2021 at 1:55 PM Post #69,879 of 155,069
I wonder if somewhere, there's a BBQ forum where all the members are bantering about stereo gear?

Only if they have intellectual, multi-dimensional renaissance people like we do here. :smiley:

Jan 8, 2021 at 2:11 PM Post #69,880 of 155,069
Jan 8, 2021 at 2:12 PM Post #69,881 of 155,069
I was considering getting Qobuz or Tidal for it's integration with Roon, which I love for my local files... I didn't realize that everything was merged. I guess I'll just stick with Spotify for streaming and discovering new stuff, since that has no integration with Roon at all. Then buy the stuff I really like on CD or lossless download as I've been doing.

I don't know why people keep claiming everything is merged. I browse Roon via the Android app on my phone, and listen via a Ropieee connected to a Jot 1 (still waiting for my Bifrost 2 and Jot 2 to ship). The Android app clearly separates the music from my Library and music from Qobuz. If, for example, I search for Cat Stevens, I first see a section that shows the albums that are in my collection. If I scroll further down, there's a completely separate Qobuz section. The Qobuz section even has a completely different background color to help delineate between your Music and Qobuz music. Also, album covers will have a little Qobuz logo on them if they're from Qobuz, as someone else pointed out a little earlier in this post.

Perhaps it's different on the iOS app or the clients on macOS or Windows, but I'm not running those clients so I can't be sure. I was going to share a couple screenshots, but I don't see a way to upload files to the thread. I only appear to be able to provide a link, and don't really have the desire to upload the screenshots anywhere other than this thread. So, perhaps just test it out on your own to confirm...

Jan 8, 2021 at 2:21 PM Post #69,882 of 155,069
Perhaps I should have clarified.

Audirvana has a tab, for want of a better word, that shows my entire collection; and a tab to navigate Tidal. I missed this in Roon, as I could not see my entire collection in one place. I like to be able to keep track by looking at the album covers, rather browsing an endless waste of folders.

Jan 8, 2021 at 2:42 PM Post #69,884 of 155,069
Got my balanced headphone cable today and Jot 2 should arrive on Monday. Still waiting for new interconnects, hopefully they arrive soon, too.

A real Fin has Genelacs!

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2021 at 2:58 PM Post #69,885 of 155,069
Can someone with no taste judge whether something has taste or not?

A valid question, but how else would you be able to guarantee plausible impartiality? :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back