Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Aug 11, 2020 at 3:22 PM Post #62,989 of 150,749
Anyone else notice that Freya+ preamps are backordered into October?
Jason Stoddard mentioned elsewhere that the Freya+ is pretty popular and they are having trouble keeping them in stock.

Aug 11, 2020 at 3:41 PM Post #62,990 of 150,749
Anyone else notice that Freya+ preamps are backordered well into October?
Wow! They were back-ordered for a long time before this. I was looking for one in June, and they were back-ordered until July 7. I placed my order on July 6, and they extended the back-order until August 7. Fortunately, mine arrived August 9 and they are already on back-order again!

Aug 11, 2020 at 3:41 PM Post #62,991 of 150,749
Aug 11, 2020 at 3:45 PM Post #62,993 of 150,749
My current setup is Modi 3-> Magni 3 -> Powered subwoofer -> Vidar. Right now I have it all on one power strip that I just turn on and off when I want to use stuff. Headphones plug in and speakers turn off.

I'm upgrading to Modius and Magnius and it sounds like I'll have to make some changes. Preamp outs are always on, even when headphones are plugged in, so I guess I need a separate power strip for the Vidar and subwoofer that I can turn off when headphone listening.

Random questions (that might be dumb) which are mostly related to my endgame idea of using two Vidar for balanced everything.

1) Does the SE output work when using balanced input? I'm a while away from using two Vidar for fully balanced everything but will probably grab some xlr cables to connect Modius and Magnius in the meantime if it'll work.
2) Do the balanced and SE preamp outputs work simultaneously? The only way I can think to reasonably connect a powered subwoofer into a balanced system is to use the SE outs for the sub and balanced outputs for two Vidar.

Aug 11, 2020 at 3:51 PM Post #62,994 of 150,749
Anyone else notice that Freya+ preamps are backordered well into October?

Yep, we're having a terrible time trying to keep up with them. They're a complex product, and even with upsized runs, we're unable to meet demand. If you want one, best to order and be patient. We're trying to move things along more quickly, but we can't do it at the cost of quality.

My current setup is Modi 3-> Magni 3 -> Powered subwoofer -> Vidar. Right now I have it all on one power strip that I just turn on and off when I want to use stuff. Headphones plug in and speakers turn off.

I'm upgrading to Modius and Magnius and it sounds like I'll have to make some changes. Preamp outs are always on, even when headphones are plugged in, so I guess I need a separate power strip for the Vidar and subwoofer that I can turn off when headphone listening.

Random questions (that might be dumb) which are mostly related to my endgame idea of using two Vidar for balanced everything.

1) Does the SE output work when using balanced input? I'm a while away from using two Vidar for fully balanced everything but will probably grab some xlr cables to connect Modius and Magnius in the meantime if it'll work.
2) Do the balanced and SE preamp outputs work simultaneously? The only way I can think to reasonably connect a powered subwoofer into a balanced system is to use the SE outs for the sub and balanced outputs for two Vidar.

Yep, SE output works with balanced input, balanced output works with SE input, etc. And everything is on simultaneously.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Aug 11, 2020 at 4:31 PM Post #62,999 of 150,749
Yep, we're having a terrible time trying to keep up with them. They're a complex product, and even with upsized runs, we're unable to meet demand. If you want one, best to order and be patient. We're trying to move things along more quickly, but we can't do it at the cost of quality.

Thanks for commenting, @Jason Stoddard. I *do* want one -- badly -- but my wife strongly prefers it ("...and all the other Schiit you want to have in plain sight") to be black. I gather you probably know firsthand how that decision tree works.

I was speculating the long lead times might be about the supply chain for tubes, which are kinda a critical component. Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back