Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jul 20, 2020 at 6:12 PM Post #62,161 of 150,446
I'll start. I received my b-stock Wyrd a few weeks ago and it made a slight but noticeable improvement in overall sound.
MacMini > Wyrd > Modi Multibit > Loki Mini > Sony AVR > Monitor Audio Silver 5i has been very enjoyable with all types of music.

Had a similar experience when adding the Eitr to my system:
Dell Laptop > Eitr > Ross Martin PCM1794 DAC > Yamaha Stereo Receiver > Klipsch RP-600M or ELAC Debut 2.0 B6.2

Got my Eitr during the B-stock madness. Can't really explain it in detail but it took some of the harshness off the music and made it overall a bit more enjoyable. Not night and day but noticeable right away and for $89 it was a money well spent.

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2020 at 6:20 PM Post #62,163 of 150,446
Can't really explain it in detail but it took some of the harshness off the music and made it overall a bit more enjoyable. Not night and day but noticeable right away and for $89 it was a money well spent.

Yep. That was my experience exactly.

Jul 20, 2020 at 6:21 PM Post #62,164 of 150,446
I was hoping I'd get lucky enough that someone using Ragnarok 2 or Freya S as a pre to feed Aegir would reply.

Thanks!
to me, it reads that the other poster was using Ragnarok 2 initially as both pre and power amp (as integrated amp), then used Ragnarok 2 pre-amp outs to feed an Aegir, resulting in improved sound. YMMV of course, depending on the speakers and your listening preferences.

My $0.02: unless you are looking for a one-box solution, choosing separates like Freya S / Aegir should provide better performance at lower listening levels, and have the option to change out the amplifier setup (monoblock Aegirs, or single/ dual Vidars) should your power requirements change.

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2020 at 6:26 PM Post #62,165 of 150,446
Since cats were mentioned. Here is my housemate's cat in a place he should not be.

IMG_20200720_123923.jpg

Jul 20, 2020 at 6:37 PM Post #62,166 of 150,446
Blowing rock cam
@Byronb and @Pietro Cozzi Tinin (and others) how about taking your CV-19 conversations private? This thread is generally a pretty happy place but is getting less so with all of the bickering. FWIW the "he started it" argument hasn't been in play since the fifth grade so maybe move past that.

I'd like to politely suggest to everyone that we don't use this thread for Covid-based conversations. Hundreds of other forums/threads on the 'net to make your arguments. Let's keep this thread Schiit/sound/music related.

I'll start. I received my b-stock Wyrd a few weeks ago and it made a slight but noticeable improvement in overall sound.
MacMini > Wyrd > Modi Multibit > Loki Mini > Sony AVR > Monitor Audio Silver 5i has been very enjoyable with all types of music.
Thanks Roy...finally a voice of sanity.
Back to the Schitt..

New balanced amp to mate with Modius !!

Jul 20, 2020 at 8:11 PM Post #62,174 of 150,446
It is a plot against senior citizens with failing eyesight.

ROFL!!

And here I thought it was just a ploy to make you RTFM. :)

Jul 20, 2020 at 8:12 PM Post #62,175 of 150,446
Biochemistry, Microbiology, Respiratory Disease and Intensive Care Medicine happens to be my area of expertise. I do not plan to post often but I plan to continue to do so unless asked personally to stop.

Today's Lancet had two studies on COVID-19 vaccines. I am sure that everyone has heard about them. Both vaccines were constructed in a similar fashion but only the Oxford study measured T cell activity using a Gamma Interferom assay. Given that the latest thinking about IgG immunity is that it may not last, T cell memory may be our savior. This is the first vaccine that I am aware of that specifically primes T cells and the technology may be useful in other diseases.

Stay safe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back