Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jul 1, 2020 at 8:42 PM Post #61,532 of 150,909
BC596878-F14-E-4099-B8-AA-86-FBEFF9625-C.jpg
My Schiit.

Been lurking this thread for a long time, thought I better sign up and contribute.. hi to friends from the Schiit Heads Facebook group.
Nice Schiit. Welcome to the thread........

Jul 1, 2020 at 8:57 PM Post #61,534 of 150,909
Anybody else, even momentarily, read this as "a-hole"? No? Just me then...
Screen Shot.png

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2020 at 3:14 AM Post #61,538 of 150,909
I agree that we are living in crazy times, but Schiit is sending equipment to Europe, I got my Modius, ev666il just got his Jotunheim.. And updating a website is something you can have an employee do from home.. There is a notice that says their contact form is not working on the homepage that's been there for months.. Fix it already..

It's all about choices. Their choice to work this way is costing them money and customers. I sold my Asgard3 and Modi-multibit through a dutch version of ebay, marktplaats. One of the buyers claimed he bought second hand because new was not available through Sonority.

Just saying their current priorities aren't mine. And as I said before, I am a customer, bought my Vali2, Modi multi and Asgard3 from them. If by the end of the year BF2 is in stock I'll buy it there, no question..
Sorry but you're still missing some things here. You are a private person and Sonority is a business. Maybe rules are different?
You pay upfront for ONE item, they have to buy stock that has to be sold over a longer period of time
What has changed in terms of sales units? How many units do they have to buy to be profitable? People are sitting on their money at the moment because of uncertainty. etc. etc.
It's all about choices. Free choices? maybe, maybe not. When you would have your own business you would probably react differently. It's not that simple.
Having to buy gear through Marktplaats will happen more as items are taken from the current portfolio or more people move to newer/better Schiit.
There's one word in particular applicable here: patience. Give it time for countries and businesses to work the new situations.
Agree on the contact form that should be fixed. They could also have an auto reply for stock and delivery time inquiries for that.

Jul 2, 2020 at 9:05 AM Post #61,539 of 150,909
Sorry but you're still missing some things here. You are a private person and Sonority is a business. Maybe rules are different?
You pay upfront for ONE item, they have to buy stock that has to be sold over a longer period of time
What has changed in terms of sales units? How many units do they have to buy to be profitable? People are sitting on their money at the moment because of uncertainty. etc. etc.
It's all about choices. Free choices? maybe, maybe not. When you would have your own business you would probably react differently. It's not that simple.
Having to buy gear through Marktplaats will happen more as items are taken from the current portfolio or more people move to newer/better Schiit.
There's one word in particular applicable here: patience. Give it time for countries and businesses to work the new situations.
Agree on the contact form that should be fixed. They could also have an auto reply for stock and delivery time inquiries for that.
I think they just manage expectations and are fine with the fact that it leads to buying directly and/or from 2ndHand market. They only want to commit once in stock, only way to be sure you can do what you promise. With me it always went smooth, good service from Melinda of Sonority.

Jul 2, 2020 at 1:35 PM Post #61,541 of 150,909
Yep, and it's part of a larger reorganization. Some site categories are now collapsed (including Schwag) to simplify the sidebar.

And yeah, I know, we have a lot of products. Some will go away eventually. Some new ones will appear. And we'll see how that goes...

I hope you enjoy!
Where's the brown coffee mug with "Schiit Happens" on it? I so would have bought that:L3000:

Kevin

Jul 2, 2020 at 1:37 PM Post #61,542 of 150,909
Yep, and it's part of a larger reorganization. Some site categories are now collapsed (including Schwag) to simplify the sidebar.

And yeah, I know, we have a lot of products. Some will go away eventually. Some new ones will appear. And we'll see how that goes...

I hope you enjoy!

Hi Jason, both the Bifrost and the Asgard are showing as Backordered, Ships 6-30. Any updates on this? I have been waiting for the Bifrost to come back to stock permanently while hoping to see the CDN dollar rebound.

Jul 2, 2020 at 2:05 PM Post #61,545 of 150,909
way back in 2013 (post #7 on this thread) someone asked about t-shirts. only took about 7.5 years to make this happen :)

in all fairness, though, there have been some very nice products made available during this wait.
I think JasonStoddard has now revealed his actual business model. He was unable to get on Shark Tank with audio gear, so continued to make that while he got the Schiit clothing line in order. Now he'll be sure to get a deal with Daymond John. I just hope he can continue to offer three or four audio-related SKUs once his clothing line explodes to a hundred or more SKUs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back