Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jun 30, 2020 at 10:59 AM Post #61,441 of 149,163
I just upgraded my Gumby to Yggy. Dont know if you guys had the same issue or not. Sometimes I can hear electrostatic noise (like a quick sudden bump) from my headphones with Yggy, though not often and very rare. I use exactly the same setup and location as my Gumby which never had this issue before. So it is rare vs. never.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2020 at 11:02 AM Post #61,442 of 149,163
I think it is more complicated than that. Could be that the same Thunderdome in different times had different results. Most important probably for the creators shall be what they learned of building them and how to apply this in future products. Not sure how much but I read a few times that people only use it with their headphone amp that already has a volume control - that is curious and gives food for thought for Jason imho. In any case for me the tubes are out. Vali2 fell and my Fulla2 also Fulla2 survived! Still have my dream of a full tube amp with high sensitive speakers, the contrary of what I have now :)

One of the great things about Schiit is that they offer a great range of products and let the customer decide which one(s) suits them best.
They never tell their customers what is 'best'.
It is a shame that the Saga S and Freya S are being discontinued, but I completely understand the rationale for simplifying the product range and focussing on those products which are the most popular with customers.
I am lucky I managed to get a Freya S before they become 'extinct'! I love it.
In my system it is perfect.
In the UK the Freya + has outsold the Freya S by a ratio of about 10 to 1.
I am happy to be one of the discerning '1 in 10'.:beyersmile:

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2020 at 11:24 AM Post #61,443 of 149,163
That's just your opinion.

Plenty of people on this forum have chosen SS over tubes.

In my preamp experiment, the Freya S won hands down. No tubes for me thanks.

The only place I want to hear a tube is in a Marshall guitar amp, with some great-sounding distortion :beyersmile:

For you and me (I own a Freya S) yes. But for the majority no. That's why Saga S and Freya S are gone.

Jun 30, 2020 at 12:23 PM Post #61,445 of 149,163
I think at some point I will get a Vidar or two and use the Jot as a preamp. Need to buy a home first but it will hopefully contain more Schiit.
I just put an offer to buy my first house... nervous and excited, and also figuring out how I want to set up audio in there if I do get it. More rooms, more possibilities...

Jun 30, 2020 at 1:06 PM Post #61,446 of 149,163
I just put an offer to buy my first house... nervous and excited, and also figuring out how I want to set up audio in there if I do get it. More rooms, more possibilities...

With a house (and maybe a wife), you won't have time for music. Always something to do. You poor soul...! Well, at least you saved yourself some money on gear. :sunglasses:

Jun 30, 2020 at 1:16 PM Post #61,450 of 149,163
With a house (and maybe a wife), you won't have time for music. Always something to do. You poor soul...! Well, at least you saved yourself some money on gear. :sunglasses:

If anything, a house allowed me to have a dedicated room for my 2-channel system. I now listen 3-4 times per week. But yeah, always something else to do around the house.

Jun 30, 2020 at 1:28 PM Post #61,452 of 149,163
Congratulations. Make sure you figure out which rooms will be which before your wife does. Otherwise, you know that small closet in the back, next to the hook-ups for the washer and dryer? That's your audio room.
My wife takes more time than my house does...

Jun 30, 2020 at 1:44 PM Post #61,453 of 149,163
Darn FedEx! My package wasn't picked up until four-and-a-half hours after it was ready! Then it sat for nearly five-and-a-half hours in Pacoima! Don't they understand this Schiit is important! Those are ten hours I'll never get back.

Jun 30, 2020 at 1:59 PM Post #61,454 of 149,163
I've got a big yard to mow...! :grinning::grin::tractor:
Congratulations. Make sure you figure out which rooms will be which before your wife does. Otherwise, you know that small closet in the back, next to the hook-ups for the washer and dryer? That's your audio room.

My wife takes more time than my house does...

Well, not presently married so I do not need to worry about that (though that also means missing out on the perks of marriage). Will have a housemate but we already are housemates so there has been discussion on how some things will be organized.

As for the yard, it is not that big and the HOA actually takes care of all the yards so I do not need to worry about mowing. Or cleaning the gutters. Just need to keep track of the stuff inside the house.

Presently I have my good two channel system in my bedroom and a decent HT system in the living room. I am not sure where I want to do most of my listening in the new place yet, so I do not know if I want to scale down what is in my bedroom or not. For the computer room, probably just a DAC/Amp for the computer. Maybe a Hel so I can have a good mic set up and using the preamp out to monitor speakers that I do not yet own. Also do not own a Hel yet.

Too many options.

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2020 at 1:59 PM Post #61,455 of 149,163
Darn FedEx! My package wasn't picked up until four-and-a-half hours after it was ready! Then it sat for nearly five-and-a-half hours in Pacoima! Don't they understand this Schiit is important! Those are ten hours I'll never get back.

LOL, I can top that, FedEx doesn't have a clue !

I ordered the Modius on Saturday, a while back. Obviously Schiit sent it out first thing Monday morning. It arrived in the Netherlands ( via London and Paris ) on Thursday. The FedEx depot is literally 32 Km from where I live ( Roden-Drachten for the dutchies here.) .
Got a text message, paid import duties that same Thursday morning. The package was delivered next Monday ! ! !

So three days to get it literally around half our planet, five days for the last 20 miles..

So bummed I don't have a car, would have picked it up myself..

By Wednesday though I had forgotten all about the painstakingly slow last leg of the delivery and was just enjoying the music.

Moral: Hang in there !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back