Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
May 28, 2019 at 10:34 AM Post #46,861 of 150,446
At first glance it looks like the difference between the regular Saga and the Saga+ is the better remote? I wonder if that is all you get for the extra fifty bucks?

Saga+ has a tube, Saga S is solidstate.

I believe PioBeer was comparing the Saga+ to the original Saga. At which point, I will say that the Saga+ has motorized volume control. I could be wrong, but I remember hearing that if you used the remote on the original Saga, if you then wanted to use the volume knob, you had to turn it back down to zero to get it to set, so things did not suddenly get loud? With this, the volume knob will also be accurate and you can freely use remote or knob interchangeably to your heart's content.

May 28, 2019 at 11:10 AM Post #46,865 of 150,446
Thunderdome in Pre-amp section, with Solid-state and tube versions of Saga and Freya. It appears the images are not yet loaded but whomever predicted pre-amps were spot-on.
Whomever? :rolling_eyes:
Not many people take the trouble to use a less common pronoun incorrectly.
If you don't like whoever use whosoever.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
May 28, 2019 at 11:15 AM Post #46,866 of 150,446
Whomever?
Not many people take the trouble to use a less common pronoun incorrectly.
If you don't like whoever use whosoever.

Thank you. Always willing to go the extra yard...
English a second language to most of us.
We speak American, which many a Brit will tell you has little to do with English. :astonished:

May 28, 2019 at 11:18 AM Post #46,867 of 150,446
giphy.gif

My wife and I deciding which of the new preamps to buy

May 28, 2019 at 12:15 PM Post #46,873 of 150,446
Great article @Jason Stoddard, I Iike your take on the product development, and on making running changes to items. The Thunderdome idea sounds neat. Hopefully it goes well for you.

That being said the saga portion of your pre amp choices leave me wanting a bit more. I have a gen 1 saga with LISST, it would seem I have the best of both worlds aside from the motorized pot and alum remote.

Any chance you are considering adding relay a stepped attenuators and remotes to an existing headamp/preamp.

Maybe one that has a built in fully functional DAC (not a current modular card).

Think fulla 2 functionality but in an asgard 2 chassis or larger with a remote, and a built in modi multibit, with three digital inputs. Kind of a class A HP amp/preamp/with integrated DAC.

One class A analogue output stage, that the DAC signal feeds into.

Today wasn't for me, but that's ok, looking forward to what you have out next.

Last edited:
May 28, 2019 at 12:23 PM Post #46,874 of 150,446
For me, probably the Freya S is the most interesting, since I mostly use Freya with the LISST tubes and this would bring a lower noise floor and the ability to use SE inputs (read: phono stage) and still use the dual Vidars in all modes.
Of course I'm mostly using Roon with Gumby now anyway, and not sure if I'd ever hear my existing Freya's noise floor in tube mode when using vinyl anyway...

May 28, 2019 at 12:40 PM Post #46,875 of 150,446
Thank you. Always willing to go the extra yard...
English a second language to most of us.
We speak American, which many a Brit will tell you has little to do with English. :astonished:

Have you been listening to me talking to Ms Jody? Who CLAIMS to have been an English teacher....... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back