Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
May 15, 2019 at 1:09 PM Post #46,533 of 149,807
May 15, 2019 at 1:11 PM Post #46,534 of 149,807
The story changed.
The article now doesn't mention those pre-amps at all anymore.
Strange.....
That is strange. In the blog or news world you often see an original date and updated date.
Often with notes on modifications.

May 15, 2019 at 1:52 PM Post #46,536 of 149,807
That is strange. In the blog or news world you often see an original date and updated date.
Often with notes on modifications.

I agree. I wonder if it is because the info was either inaccurate or premature (still within the NDA dates?).

Scubaman's comment now seems odd without the original context.

May 15, 2019 at 1:58 PM Post #46,537 of 149,807
Finally, after long procrastination I ordered the multibit upgrade for my Jotunheim. Not that it is a major investment (it isn't), but Jotunheim with the basic DAC is so good already. However, knowing how fundamentally better a multibit DAC can sound, why would I keep waiting? I am number 13 out of 17 on the waiting list, so it may take some time before I have to ship it to Schiit, but I am not in a hurry. I have never heard a multibit DAC designed by Mike, so I am curious if I can recognize the "house sound" from what I have read in reviews.

May 15, 2019 at 2:07 PM Post #46,539 of 149,807
Finally, after long procrastination I ordered the multibit upgrade for my Jotunheim. Not that it is a major investment (it isn't), but Jotunheim with the basic DAC is so good already. However, knowing how fundamentally better a multibit DAC can sound, why would I keep waiting? I am number 13 out of 17 on the waiting list, so it may take some time before I have to ship it to Schiit, but I am not in a hurry. I have never heard a multibit DAC designed by Mike, so I am curious if I can recognize the "house sound" from what I have read in reviews.
I haven't compared Jot vs Jot MB, but I love my Jot MB. Great sound. Small form factor. Just works.

I'm curious about how you thought about your migration to MB choices:
(and I don't know if your location factored into it)

- New Jot MB - $599 - https://www.schiit.com/products/jotunheim
- B stock Jot MB - $549 - https://www.schiit.com/b-stocks
- MB upgrade - $250 - https://www.schiit.com/products/multibit-dac-module

May 15, 2019 at 2:15 PM Post #46,540 of 149,807
I haven't compared Jot vs Jot MB, but I love my Jot MB. Great sound. Small form factor. Just works.

I'm curious about how you thought about your migration to MB choices:
(and I don't know if your location factored into it)

- New Jot MB - $599 - https://www.schiit.com/products/jotunheim
- B stock Jot MB - $549 - https://www.schiit.com/b-stocks
- MB upgrade - $250 - https://www.schiit.com/products/multibit-dac-module

I always find it interesting when I see the upgrades for MB card is 250. A new modi multibit is 250, b stock 200. From what I've read they sound better then the MB card, plus you get more inputs. Does the form/size all in one component factor make it a more attractive option compared to modi multibit? Honest question, not trying to knock anyones decisions.

May 15, 2019 at 3:16 PM Post #46,541 of 149,807
In regards to that whole pre-amp thunderdome article (which has been recinded).

Let me say first that this is all in my head and I know NOTHING.

I think that Schiit is readying (2) Solid State Pre-Amps and possibly (2) Upgrades to their existing Tube PreAmps, v2 if you excuse the vernacular.

I'm thinking Saga V2 is an active pre-amp with a single tube instead of a passive pre-amp with buffer.

The article called for a 4 pre-amp lineup which could be shrunk at some point.
1- Saga V2 (active not passive)
2- Freya V2 (no idea what change here)
3- SS Saga whatever it would be called
4- Preamp only based on Rag 2.

I'll say again, this is my speculation and I know NOTHING.

My reasons
1- Saga Active- People seem to be complaining about the unity gain for inefficient speakers.
2- Maybe Jason has come around on the whole HT Bypass feature. No good ideas here why we need Freya V2.
3- Not everyone wants tubes and the article said 2 SS PreAmps. Could be very inexpensive like under $300 possibly.
4- This product makes the most sense in my mind. Not everyone wants tubes. Jason has worked really hard on that whole XLR sounds the same as RCA technology (Nexus?) People could buy this pre-amp with an Aegir. Since its fully balanced adding a 2nd Aegir would be very possible.

3rd time, this is my random mind wandering. I have no knowledge or insight.

Any thoughts? Am I a moron? Have too much time on my hands?

May 15, 2019 at 3:24 PM Post #46,542 of 149,807

Let me say first that this is all in my head and I know NOTHING.

I think that Schiit is readying (2) Solid State Pre-Amps and possibly (2) Upgrades to their existing Tube PreAmps, v2 if you excuse the vernacular.

I'm thinking Saga V2 is an active pre-amp with a single tube instead of a passive pre-amp with buffer.

The article called for a 4 pre-amp lineup which could be shrunk at some point.
1- Saga V2 (active not passive)
2- Freya V2 (no idea what change here)
3- SS Saga whatever it would be called
4- Preamp only based on Rag 2.

I'll say again, this is my speculation and I know NOTHING.

My reasons
1- Saga Active- People seem to be complaining about the unity gain for inefficient speakers.
2- Maybe Jason has come around on the whole HT Bypass feature. No good ideas here why we need Freya V2.
3- Not everyone wants tubes and the article said 2 SS PreAmps. Could be very inexpensive like under $300 possibly.
4- This product makes the most sense in my mind. Not everyone wants tubes. Jason has worked really hard on that whole XLR sounds the same as RCA technology (Nexus?) People could buy this pre-amp with an Aegir. Since its fully balanced adding a 2nd Aegir would be very possible.

3rd time, this is my random mind wandering. I have no knowledge or insight.

Any thoughts? Am I a moron? Have too much time on my hands?

You might be right on alot of this, but Jason hinted elsewhere in the world at some other kind of new schtick. Was kinda cryptic, I'd imagine we will find out in 2-6 months, or longer if it's like the now mythical gadget.

Last edited:
May 15, 2019 at 3:29 PM Post #46,543 of 149,807

Rule one: you do not talk about thunderdome.

I'm guessing that since the author of the article "broke a deal" he gets to "spin the wheel"

(Yes, I'm mixing my movie quotes).

Also I recommend the redacted website hire a new editing team from South America to replace the Swedish editors at great expense and at the last minute.

Last edited:
May 15, 2019 at 4:00 PM Post #46,545 of 149,807
I thought the article itself was edited not your post linking to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back