Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
May 14, 2019 at 1:11 PM Post #46,516 of 150,836
Unfortunately, it doesn't have speaker-level inputs, just RCA and XLR line-level. I had also tried using the pass-through function of the sub, which has XLR outs, putting the sub between the Freya and Vidars. Unfortunately, I'm getting some audible low-level noise added that way, and I found out it's due to the fact that the pass through is subjected to DSP (AD/DA) even if you disable the hi-pass crossover to the outputs.
I guess I'll just try an XLR splitter and see how it compares...
That is a pity. What i did with my Adams and Rel sub with RCA, i did 3 splitters and ‘summed’ one for lfe in on the Rel, works perfectly fine

May 14, 2019 at 6:39 PM Post #46,518 of 150,836
Unfortunately, it doesn't have speaker-level inputs, just RCA and XLR line-level. I had also tried using the pass-through function of the sub, which has XLR outs, putting the sub between the Freya and Vidars. Unfortunately, I'm getting some audible low-level noise added that way, and I found out it's due to the fact that the pass through is subjected to DSP (AD/DA) even if you disable the hi-pass crossover to the outputs.
I guess I'll just try an XLR splitter and see how it compares...
I’m running XLR splitters from my Freya to connect to separate amps for main speakers and bass panels, and it works fine. Although I noticed that it performs best with JFET/tube mode, passive sounds noticeably “thin” in this configuration.

May 14, 2019 at 7:51 PM Post #46,521 of 150,836
Hi All, a question about splitting freya’s XLR output between a pair of Vidars and an SVS sub. The sub has 22k input impedance and the Vidars are 44k. If I split the 200-600 Ohm Freya output to those two will I get loss due to the mismatch of the two inputs? ...
Nope
Both are much higher impedance than the Freya's output(s).

Last edited:
May 14, 2019 at 9:38 PM Post #46,524 of 150,836
Thank you!.....{snip}.....They are 44kOhm (2xAegir) and 50kOhm (Benchmark AHB2), I don't really know the implications of that.
Welcome to the thread, @emilylikesbirds . 99.99% Good Eggs populate the thread (the pitchforks come out for the 0.01%-troll). :ksc75smile:

May 15, 2019 at 1:53 AM Post #46,525 of 150,836
WUT.............:ksc75smile:

you-talkin-bout-hs3l7w.jpg

May 15, 2019 at 9:12 AM Post #46,528 of 150,836
Hi All, a question about splitting freya’s XLR output between a pair of Vidars and an SVS sub. The sub has 22k input impedance and the Vidars are 44k. If I split the 200-600 Ohm Freya output to those two will I get loss due to the mismatch of the two inputs?
I’ve alternately tried using the rca outs for the sub and XLR for the amps, but only the tube buffer mode seems to work well when mixing and matching XLR and rca with Freya.
Any suggestions on the best way to make these connections?

44K + 22K will give you a combined resistance of 14.66K

Here's a handy parallel resistance calculator.
http://www.sengpielaudio.com/calculator-paralresist.htm

14.66K is a bit of a tough load, (IMO), for passive mode, but should be fine for buffered or active mode.

May 15, 2019 at 9:22 AM Post #46,529 of 150,836
Thanks for that, it does seem to do fine in jfet and tube modes. I wonder why I see such an output drop for the combined 8.3 kOhm load of Freya and Jot, when fed by the Gumby together and that only had 75 Ohm output impedance?

44K + 22K will give you a combined resistance of 14.66K

Here's a handy parallel resistance calculator.
http://www.sengpielaudio.com/calculator-paralresist.htm

14.66K is a bit of a tough load, (IMO), for passive mode, but should be fine for buffered or active mode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back