Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Aug 30, 2018 at 10:40 PM Post #37,201 of 155,168
I like NME's intro to the news item
"Masters of sci-fi absurdity, Muse are one of British rock’s most impressive prospects. From the techy noodling of their past, to the electronic wizardry of their alien- and government-battling present, they’re the quintessential British festival headliner – big, ballsy and somewhat bat****."

Might have to order the cassette :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(Deluxe CD I think)

I have a copy of their 2012 "The 2nd Law." Still trying to get into it. :smirk:

Aug 30, 2018 at 10:50 PM Post #37,202 of 155,168
I like NME's intro to the news item
"Masters of sci-fi absurdity, Muse are one of British rock’s most impressive prospects. From the techy noodling of their past, to the electronic wizardry of their alien- and government-battling present, they’re the quintessential British festival headliner – big, ballsy and somewhat bat****."

Might have to order the cassette :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(Deluxe CD I think)

I wonder if I'll receive my Yarra 3DX before the CD :unamused:

Just got a Muse tweet the album is coming Nov9 still titled simulation theory. New single out today on tidal at least “the dark side”

Thanks for the heads-up. Just gave it a listen. Nice! The single is out on Qobuz too in 16/44.1 and 24/48 for those that may want to know. They've already put the album up (greyed out and not available) with the future release date and the track listing... not nice to tease us like that.

Screen Shot 2018-08-31 at 10.47.43 AM.png

[Edited to add - Sounds awesome through Ly3 MB w/ RCA 6F8G tube and HD800S.... just keeping it relevant :wink: ]

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2018 at 11:01 PM Post #37,203 of 155,168
Jotunheim's topology isn't so great below a gain of 2

This may explain why the Jot sounds better on high gain, even with the LCD X which doesn't need it to get loud.
But it undoubtedly sounds better.

Why Does the Durian Fruit Smell So Terrible?
Scientists examine what chemicals make the Asian fruit smell like “turpentine and onions, garnished with a gym sock"

Sounds so good :anguished:

Love Muse :L3000:

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2018 at 11:15 PM Post #37,205 of 155,168
I'll be taking your word for it.:wink:

Aug 30, 2018 at 11:15 PM Post #37,206 of 155,168
lol durian isnt that bad. when i was fully vegan i ate it all the time. its actually really good if you can find one thats perfectly ripe.
Jackfruit can be a pretty darn good meat substitute in some dishes... not that everything needs to be a substitute... Also, it's not a great source of protein.

For those that were chatting about BBQ a while ago... I've had jackfruit subbed in for pork in a (yes really) pretty tasty facsimile of a pulled-pork sandwich. I prefer the pig, but in a pinch...

Aug 30, 2018 at 11:18 PM Post #37,207 of 155,168
Jackfruit can be a pretty darn good meat substitute in some dishes... not that everything needs to be a substitute... Also, it's not a great source of protein.

For those that were chatting about BBQ a while ago... I've had jackfruit subbed in for pork in a (yes really) pretty tasty facsimile of a pulled-pork sandwich. I prefer the pig, but in a pinch...

This is BBQ heresy!

Aug 31, 2018 at 12:09 AM Post #37,209 of 155,168
This (the CD that contains it, that is) is what the Yggy2 was made for. Not your classical or folk guitar, for sure, but who would not want two of the most unorthodox jazz-influenced guitarists dueting in one's living room.

Aug 31, 2018 at 12:20 AM Post #37,210 of 155,168
Kimbo, did you ever get to compare the coaster to that Aussie Hybrid Amp that also uses JAN 6418s?

Edit: the "Oatley 272X"? I just noticed they have a newer version the "Oatley 272C New as of 25 Aug"

http://oatleyelectronics.com//product_info.php?products_id=1168

Oatley has a lot of audio kits and even my personal favorite a Geiger counter kit (very Mad Maxish)

No...not yet. Best intentions but you know....Road to perdition etc.
Assembled all the parts 2 or 3 weeks ago but life intervened and I'm currently on the road [in Adelaide] as my wife's roadie. And here I am thinking I had taken early retirement. :)
Back home next week and will roll up my sleeves.

An issue is a case....after seeing all of Paladin's efforts he has set the bar very high. I was thinking of a 'Jetsons' or 'Simpsons' sort of space ship thingy but I guess I should have a successful build first.

Jetsons.jpg Simpsons.jpg

Geiger Counter sounds fun.

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2018 at 6:42 AM Post #37,212 of 155,168
You must have gotten an unripe one. I suggest that you find an expert to find a good one for you. Everyone who truly knows Durian knows that it is sublime

The flesh must have a custard like consistency. Sweet with overtones of garlic.
the smell is unbearable

Aug 31, 2018 at 7:43 AM Post #37,215 of 155,168
Durian - Not my favorite, but it doesn't repulse me. The smell lingers though. My neighbors have it delivered periodically, and I can smell it in the hall for days.

One of my sons tells a story about a business trip to Asia. Apparently they have "no durian" pictorial warning signs in the subway, but being an American he had no idea what they looked like. Made for an awkward and hilarious discussion of someone having to explain to him.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back