Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jun 28, 2018 at 1:11 AM Post #34,111 of 150,893
Those look sweet.

I have a buddy who is a Tannoy rep, they mostly sell the pro stuff, but he can get me a deal on new 8F's

They also sell PrimaLuna
Maybe Freya and a Dialog Premium HP power amp:thinking:

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2018 at 1:19 AM Post #34,112 of 150,893
Then there where two.

Horse_jump_failxxxxxx.gif
maxresdefault.jpg

Jun 28, 2018 at 1:22 AM Post #34,113 of 150,893
This 2Cellos music on Tidal is great :L3000:

Jun 28, 2018 at 5:55 AM Post #34,114 of 150,893
Jun 28, 2018 at 6:42 AM Post #34,115 of 150,893
I have a buddy who is a Tannoy rep, they mostly sell the pro stuff, but he can get me a deal on new 8F's

They also sell PrimaLuna
Maybe Freya and a Dialog Premium HP power amp:thinking:

Those Tannoy XT 8F are sweet. With all due respect to the forum we are on I wouldn't do a Freya with the Prima Luna amp. I would either go all Schiit (Freya/Vidar) or get a Prima Luna Integrated amp. Obviously very different price points.

I listened to the PrimaLuna Prologue Premium integrated and it is sweet. I ended up buying a Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum, but could have been happy with the PrimaLuna. This was done before Schiit had released their 2ch gear.

Jun 28, 2018 at 8:44 AM Post #34,117 of 150,893
I've always loved Tannoys. I used to work for an Audio dealer and I had the pleasure of getting to know the original Tannoy Ardens ...

195f9651b7bf30237f84f546b18dd902.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2018 at 8:50 AM Post #34,118 of 150,893
Those Tannoy XT 8F are sweet. With all due respect to the forum we are on I wouldn't do a Freya with the Prima Luna amp. I would either go all Schiit (Freya/Vidar) or get a Prima Luna Integrated amp. Obviously very different price points.

I listened to the PrimaLuna Prologue Premium integrated and it is sweet. I ended up buying a Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum, but could have been happy with the PrimaLuna. This was done before Schiit had released their 2ch gear.

I'm always thinking out loud on pairing things up to get reactions like yours.

I really have no idea what I'll get for pre/power amps, but it will be a totally different sound to the S.S. studio gear. So I'm thinking tubes that I can afford.

I suppose Freya and 1 or 2 Vidars would be hard to beat, and I'm a total Schiithead

But the Tannoy's are a almost for sure thing.

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2018 at 9:03 AM Post #34,119 of 150,893
At one of the big audio shows recently Rogue Audio was shown with those Tannoy XT 8F and by all reports sounded great.

I’m a big fan of the tube sound, it takes longer to sound on point, but after about an hour it is sublime.

The Schiit offering is hard to beat at the price. If Freya has been available when I bought my gear it would have made for a tough decision.

I’d really like to hear those Tannoy Revolutions, but no dealers near me. I like how compact they can be with the concentric Driver.

Jun 28, 2018 at 9:12 AM Post #34,121 of 150,893
At one of the big audio shows recently Rogue Audio was shown with those Tannoy XT 8F and by all reports sounded great.

I’m a big fan of the tube sound, it takes longer to sound on point, but after about an hour it is sublime.

The Schiit offering is hard to beat at the price. If Freya has been available when I bought my gear it would have made for a tough decision.

I’d really like to hear those Tannoy Revolutions, but no dealers near me. I like how compact they can be with the concentric Driver.

Ya the size is important here, because they have to get past Her!
I might not be able to test and return if I get them from my buddy, They don't do retail.

Have to see how cheap he can get them, maybe resell if I hate them. But I doubt it form everything I've read.

Jun 28, 2018 at 9:35 AM Post #34,122 of 150,893
My last comments on this. :)

I was very serious about getting new speakers about a year ago. I had some cash saved and was serious about buying floorstanders to complete my system, I also have WAF considerations as this is in a main living space. In researching these XT6F and XT8F speakers the consensus was that they are very dynamic speakers. They favor the dynamics and swing of the music over detail. Very British sounding, dynamics and transients are the focus. They mate very well with tubes as well.

What HiFi reviewd both the 6F and 8F:
Here is their positive bullet points for the 8F

Plenty of good quality bass
Go loud with ease
Subtle and insightful presentation
Excellent build and finish
Aggressive price

The negatives were requiring a big room and system matching (DUH that is the whole trick).

Good Luck
I would like to go for the White!

Jun 28, 2018 at 9:46 AM Post #34,123 of 150,893
My last comments on this. :)

I was very serious about getting new speakers about a year ago. I had some cash saved and was serious about buying floorstanders to complete my system, I also have WAF considerations as this is in a main living space. In researching these XT6F and XT8F speakers the consensus was that they are very dynamic speakers. They favor the dynamics and swing of the music over detail. Very British sounding, dynamics and transients are the focus. They mate very well with tubes as well.

What HiFi reviewd both the 6F and 8F:
Here is their positive bullet points for the 8F

Plenty of good quality bass
Go loud with ease
Subtle and insightful presentation
Excellent build and finish
Aggressive price

The negatives were requiring a big room and system matching (DUH that is the whole trick).

Good Luck
I would like to go for the White!

They will provide a nice contrast to the very resolving sound of my Focal monitors, I like the LS50 but a bigger sound is what I want.
This will be fun!

Jun 28, 2018 at 9:46 AM Post #34,124 of 150,893
There was an album prior to Excitable Boy as I recall with Poor Poor Pitiful me on it. Excitable Boy is my favorite. I can still see Tom Cruise dancing to Werewolves of London in The Color of Money. A follow up to the Hustler, both books by Walter Tevis.

Which leads to my nomination for best delivery of awkwardly rhythm'ed lyrics:

"A liitle old lady got mutilated late last night..."

I can't even think those lyrics without tripping all over myself. Warren sings it flawlessly.

Jun 28, 2018 at 9:57 AM Post #34,125 of 150,893
I'm always thinking out loud on pairing things up to get reactions like yours.

I really have no idea what I'll get for pre/power amps, but it will be a totally different sound to the S.S. studio gear. So I'm thinking tubes that I can afford.

I suppose Freya and 1 or 2 Vidars would be hard to beat, and I'm a total Schiithead

But the Tannoy's are a almost for sure thing.

I can say that to my ears Vidar punches WAY above it's weight class, as my Vidar have been using my Parasound JC-1's as amp racks for the last 10 months or so...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back