Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Mar 24, 2018 at 8:46 PM Post #30,781 of 150,075
Hi @Jason Stoddard

Wich headphone amp do you recommend for Grado Gh2?
Lyr 3 multibit, Jotunheim multibit or Valhalla 2 + Bifrost multibit?

I never tried none of your products but Asgard 3 looks a good idea if still class A, just wonder if isnt possible turn the dac modules upgrades user serviceable. that could save some buyers money and time

Cheers

Pedro Janeiro

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2018 at 9:30 PM Post #30,782 of 150,075
All jokes aside, do you like them? Is the build quality good? Are they flexible enough? I bought some Monoprice 1.5ft cables and they are pretty inflexible, they lifted my Magni off my Mimby for a few days until gravity finally won. Between that and being 3x longer than necessary, I'm considering getting Pyst cables too just to clean up the installation.

Yeah but at $40 for 2 pairs I gotta ask, is there something else that's short and cheap?

Mar 24, 2018 at 9:31 PM Post #30,783 of 150,075
All jokes aside, do you like them? Is the build quality good? Are they flexible enough? I bought some Monoprice 1.5ft cables and they are pretty inflexible, they lifted my Magni off my Mimby for a few days until gravity finally won. Between that and being 3x longer than necessary, I'm considering getting Pyst cables too just to clean up the installation.

I have the Pyst and also a 1.5' Monoprice, not sure if it's the same one you have. The Pyst cables are very stiff, way more than the Monoprice. Otherwise they are nice cables.

Mar 24, 2018 at 9:35 PM Post #30,784 of 150,075
You could look at bluejeans cables they are about half the price for xlr interconnect compared to schiit. They only do down to 12" but maybe if you contact them they would do shorter.

Mar 24, 2018 at 9:45 PM Post #30,785 of 150,075
Hi @Jason Stoddard

Wich headphone amp do you recommend for Grado Gh2?
Lyr 3 multibit, Jotunheim multibit or Valhalla 2 + Bifrost multibit?

I never tried none of your products but Asgard 3 looks a good idea!

Cheers

Pedro Janeiro
Greetings to the forum! If you share some additional information, I’m pretty sure the dudettes/dudes on-line can help you out.
A. What’s your audio source.
B. Do you like the idea of having a box that’s all-in-one or modular?
C. Is this your first foray into specialty gear?

When I jumped into the Schiit rabbit-hole, I found the following guides handy for figuring out the right system for me:
http://www.schiit.com/guides/choosing-a-dacamp = If I had decided to go for the all-in-one option, I would have gone this route. I like lots of shiny aluminum boxes, so I went THE OTHER way...
http://www.schiit.com/guides/choosing-a-dac = this guide won’t insult your intelligence. It’s pretty clear about the possible options and upgrade paths.
http://www.schiit.com/guides/choosing-a-headamp = I liked this section because it’s pretty concise about which headamp options are available to me.

@Pandahead & @OldRoadToad ... which headamp would you suggest for a Grado GH2? I’m happy with my Modi-Multibit & Magni3 connected to various flavours of $200-300 CDN headsets.... @Pedro Janeiro wants something that’s beyond my means...

Mar 24, 2018 at 9:59 PM Post #30,786 of 150,075
Hi @ScubaMan2017

Thanks for your reply.

Well right now my audio source is my Imac, and about the amp i dont have preference, can be all in one or not, if yes good, cause will save space, but if dont no problem.
i started thinking about Asgard 2 / Valhalla 2 + Bifrost mb, then Jotunheim MB, and now Lyr 3 MB shows up and my doubts increased.
Based in some reviews and opinions, looks like Jotunheim isnt the best option for Grado right?
what do you recomend, im a newbie and all the help is welcome!

thanks in advance

Pedro

Mar 24, 2018 at 10:04 PM Post #30,787 of 150,075
I was curious....
Anyone got a turntable (modern/new) recommendation??

I know schiit is coming out....
But I have had a hell of a time trying to research new ones.....i cant seem to find open recommendations, everyone has their one company they love. like I hear technics has a new one, but it's dj orientated, I don't want that!! I listened to a rega in a shop and I did not like the look of it at all, those and projects debut did not impress me.
I hope schiit designs something with weight and heft to it.
I have a 1977 pioneer pl510 vintage, works great--rca cables and power cables are pretty cruddy , but would love to get it rewired....I do not have those technical skills. Plus I have 2 living room setups, and I'm lacking a 2nd tt....

If Jason Stoddard could replace my wiring, I would buy a SOL....lol....

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2018 at 10:07 PM Post #30,788 of 150,075
Off topic.

Not cats or coffee or scotch this time, but if you can enjoy a movie as an audio visual experience then I recommend Atomic Blond. ORT especially. This is not To Kill a Mocking Bird or Citizen Kane, but the visual tapestry and the SOUND TRACK!!! was very enjoyable. Even made Charlize Theron look like a young Deborah Harry, not by accident.

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2018 at 10:08 PM Post #30,789 of 150,075
I was curious....

But I have had a hell of a time trying to research new ones.....i cant seem to find open recommendations, everyone has their one company they love. like I hear technics has a new one, but it's dj orientated, I don't want that!!
I have a 1977 pioneer pl510 vintage, works great--rca cables and power cables are pretty cruddy , but would love to get it rewired....I do not have those technical skills. Plus I have 2 living room setups, and I'm lacking a 2nd tt....

I Think Rega P3 or P6 are good options

Mar 24, 2018 at 10:10 PM Post #30,790 of 150,075
I was curious....

But I have had a hell of a time trying to research new ones.....i cant seem to find open recommendations, everyone has their one company they love. like I hear technics has a new one, but it's dj orientated, I don't want that!!

Try these guys. https://uturnaudio.com/pages/turntables

Same kind of made in the USA stuff as Schiit. Cheaper entry level than SOL is going to be. Right coast instead of left coast.

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2018 at 10:11 PM Post #30,791 of 150,075
I was curious....

If you can wait for the Sol, do so. To get the features it has for that money is amazing. You will be amazed at the improvement.

Mar 24, 2018 at 10:17 PM Post #30,793 of 150,075
I was curious....

I have a Music Hall MMF5.1 that does everything I need it to. I got it used.

It sounded esp. fine after I read the manual and realized I needed to unbolt the plinth from traveling mode ;-D

Mar 24, 2018 at 10:18 PM Post #30,794 of 150,075
Greetings to the forum! If you share some additional information, I’m pretty sure the dudettes/dudes on-line can help you out.
A. What’s your audio source.
B. Do you like the idea of having a box that’s all-in-one or modular?
C. Is this your first foray into specialty gear?

When I jumped into the Schiit rabbit-hole, I found the following guides handy for figuring out the right system for me:
http://www.schiit.com/guides/choosing-a-dacamp = If I had decided to go for the all-in-one option, I would have gone this route. I like lots of shiny aluminum boxes, so I went THE OTHER way...
http://www.schiit.com/guides/choosing-a-dac = this guide won’t insult your intelligence. It’s pretty clear about the possible options and upgrade paths.
http://www.schiit.com/guides/choosing-a-headamp = I liked this section because it’s pretty concise about which headamp options are available to me.

@Pandahead & @OldRoadToad ... which headamp would you suggest for a Grado GH2? I’m happy with my Modi-Multibit & Magni3 connected to various flavours of $200-300 CDN headsets.... @Pedro Janeiro wants something that’s beyond my means...

i would get a vali2. my brother likes his very much. ORTt

Mar 24, 2018 at 10:19 PM Post #30,795 of 150,075

I have a Music Hall MMF5.1 that does everything I need it to. I got it used.

It sounded esp. fine after I read the manual and realized I needed to unbolt the plinth from traveling mode ;-D
i have i think 9 turtables now. faveorite i is denon auitomatic but project is really cool looking. i am done for the night sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back