Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Feb 24, 2018 at 6:06 PM Post #29,416 of 150,081
It would be nice to get an automated email when ship dates slip. Something short and snarky like the user manuals would be fine. Maybe as they ramp up their customer service software suite this will eventually happen.

Re cables, I don't know about the voodoo but I do know you get what you pay for on the low end. Some of my monobridge/mediaprice RCA cables have started failing way too soon, for example causing an intermittent hum when flexed. But at those prices I always have spares around.

Feb 24, 2018 at 8:50 PM Post #29,417 of 150,081
Oddly enough, I never did much care for (as you so rightly put it!) ADCOM black.

Ah...the 70s. You sir, are correctomundo! But the contrasting black with a silverish base around the glowing tubes as well as the volume knob in silver of the Valhalla 2 just does it for me.
649237921_large_a55babb084ff4a68b53d93ce0605d40d.jpg

Were there were VU meters I would be ordering a Valhalla 2 now in either color, but that ain't gonna happen. I have my Emotiva XDA-2 to use. It has a lot of inputs to keep me happy. It all so has nice blue-ish lighting on the front to keep me stupefied. It does not have VU Meters and that attests to my ability to adapt in spite of my self. It does not have the glow of tubes. The Jotunheim is the closest thing to my XDA-2 in the Schiit line up but it cannot match the Emotiva in the variety of inputs (objectively) nor in looks (subjective).

And so I wait. Perhaps some thing toadish this way comes. I've been spending my "extra" money on music this past month or so. About 25 CDs and 8 vinyl albums so far with another 5 albums on the way. I am all so looking at entry level magnetic-planar headphones, I would not want to spend more than the Valhalla 2 would run me, if that does not cut if for this type of 'phone, then I shall just not get one right now! My older brother suggested I do so as I have long liked (but do not yet own) Magnepan speakers. I listened to that interview of Herr Stoddard and what he said regarding where to spend one's moolah and it seems it is the same as it has all ways been - First on the speaker and then else where.

The Jotunheim can be ordered now in black but again, it lacks the multiple inputs of my XDA-2 and is other wise pretty much what I all ready have albeit with a different name plate. I like it but I have some thing too similar (but with more features) than the Jotunheim. I use the coax and toslink jacks on the Emotiva and the USB too. Schiit makes cool stuff. I suppose I will know it when I see it and when I see it (and can afford it) I will order what ever that it by Schiit may turn out to be.

Check out this thread. It is worth reading, or you can skip to the end.
http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/custom-latino-st-120-build.524347/

Or, if solid state floats your boat? This: https://leachlegacy.ece.gatech.edu/superamp/DC-face.jpg

Dr. W. Marshall Leach RIP from Georgia Tech influenced me to become an EE. I built 4 of his double barrel amps from the two Audio magazine articles in 1980. That was a long time ago when every self described audiophile knew how to solder and many made their own circuit boards.

Sometimes, if you want something bad enough, you have to make it yourself.

Feb 24, 2018 at 11:14 PM Post #29,418 of 150,081
I second this about estimated shipping times. While I have not waited as long as you I do feel better communication or at least an update to the website would be nice. I ordered a Yggy 2 1/2 weeks ago. Website says in stock shipping in 3-5 days. I emailed about expected ship date. Told probably another couple of weeks. While I am willing to wait, if the website says 3-5 days customers shouldn't be expected to "know" it might be more like 30-40 days. Just sayin.
When I ordered my Yggdrasil, it also said in stock, and shipping within 3-5 days. Which would have worked for me, cause I was going to be out of the country for another week. Ordered at 8:04am, got shipped at 08:37am the same day. Whoops!

So yeah, estimated shipping date: meaningless.

Feb 24, 2018 at 11:19 PM Post #29,419 of 150,081
http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/custom-latino-st-120-build.524347/

Or, if solid state floats your boat? This: https://leachlegacy.ece.gatech.edu/superamp/DC-face.jpg

Dr. W. Marshall Leach RIP from Georgia Tech influenced me to become an EE. I built 4 of his double barrel amps from the two Audio magazine articles in 1980. That was a long time ago when every self described audiophile knew how to solder and many made their own circuit boards.

I fear that all I can make is a mess of some thing. Thank you for the links!

Feb 25, 2018 at 1:10 AM Post #29,421 of 150,081
Is anyone else concerned that Oracle could sue Schiit over the similarities between the design of the Sol and their Delphi series?
There have been many turntables with that style of minimalist skeletal frame design. Among those, I don't think the Sol and Delphi look particularly similar.

Feb 25, 2018 at 12:23 PM Post #29,425 of 150,081
Wow, that looks like a $5000 woven ferrite de-glitchifier and RFI filter. Those are so cool.

Just imagine the musicalitationous that device imparts. The air! The presence! The depth! The transparency! The ...awwww...SCHIIT! Ummm...The moral limbo required to write frAudiophile Foo Foo is giving me a head ache.:beerchug: Nah. I bet it is my eyes.

Feb 25, 2018 at 2:31 PM Post #29,427 of 150,081
It's not "Amazon Syndrome" to expect there to be proactive communication when a product you've ordered has been delayed. I shouldn't have to email Schiit or find a posting from Jason in this thread to let me know the status of my order - it should be communicate to me.

No offense, but what planet are you from? Outside of a possible email informing me of a backorder, I have never received proactive communication from any vendor about delays in delivery. Unless the vendor is selling a dozen units a week, this is a totally unreasonable expectation. Just my opinion :)

Feb 25, 2018 at 2:49 PM Post #29,429 of 150,081
I fear that all I can make is a mess of some thing. Thank you for the links!

Timely surprise, the link to your ST 120 build , as I'm preparing to build my own ST 120, though I'm not up for a custom chassis for this run.

Feb 25, 2018 at 3:33 PM Post #29,430 of 150,081
No offense, but what planet are you from? Outside of a possible email informing me of a backorder, I have never received proactive communication from any vendor about delays in delivery. Unless the vendor is selling a dozen units a week, this is a totally unreasonable expectation. Just my opinion :)
I hope you're kidding. It's normal to provide an estimated shipping date, it's normal to inform the customer when the product has shipped, it should be normal to keep them in the loop when anything slips. MrSpeakers managed to inform me about their electrostat pad issues, and Schiit sells a lot more, so they had a lot more reason to figure out a low friction system to make this possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back