Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jan 31, 2018 at 11:19 AM Post #28,801 of 150,848
Indeed it is.
I never use the Ragnarok as a HP-amp. but as 2CH only.
I drive a very good pair of speakers and the SQ is extremely good.
Upgrading the Yggdrasil for me is like buying it's big brother or another DAC.
Something I want but is really not necessary.
The Yggdrasil-1 was, is, and will be a TOP DAC till the end of times.
I am also debating the upgrade on Yggdrasil. I love the way it sounds now. Do I want to mess with that? But Mike says it is better, am I curious enough to try?

Maybe I should just buy a new one and compare...

Jan 31, 2018 at 11:48 AM Post #28,804 of 150,848
No one needs usuriously expensive audio equipment. That stuff is built for the ego. For some folks, audio is no longer fun, it's OCD. High End is the butt end of the itsty-bitsy world of musical reproduction. Again, it's built to satisfy the ego and nothing more.

In the real world where we all live, there's a whole bunch of people with different priorities. Like putting food on the table for their family and a roof over their heads. For these folks, there's brands like Denon, Onkyo and Pioneer to name just three.

And then there's Schiit. Their stuff is the equal of any thing made by any body but the difference is it's made for every body. Check your ego because Schiit's so affordable you can still write a check (cheque?) for your audio. And for the rent, utilities, car, et al. Schiit does not make some thing for every one (i.e., home theater or idiotic toads), but if you are looking to reproduce Stereo in the comfort of your home or in the middle of your mind (head phones), then this Schiits for you.

You think Schiit is for people in the real world? Give me a break. People in what you call the real world don't even know what a dac is. Schiit is for audiophiles who want to think they're more sophisticated than audiophiles who spend thousands on gear that does the same thing. Most of the improvment in sound for most people goes from going to mp3 to flac, but still using the chips on their motherboards. And lets be honest, the vast majority of people don't even know mp3 is lossy

Jan 31, 2018 at 11:57 AM Post #28,805 of 150,848
Is it normal for Schiit's shipping date on an order to continue to slide without a notification to customers? I originally placed an order on 12/28 with a shipping date in early January, but wanted to add an item to my order which required canceling it (not realizing that it would delay my order). Then on the updated order, the shipping date was the week of 1/22, but when I logged in to check my order last week the date was delayed to this week, but now when I check it’s delayed to 2/26. It seems odd to have multiple delays in the date without notifying customers.

I understand that 1) their process might not allow for modifications to the order and 2) that there might be unexpected delays, but better communications would improve the customer experience like, 1) "please note that if you modify your order, it will likely be delayed to the next shipment" and 2) "please note your shipping date has slipped." I wouldn't have changed my order if I had known!

I know this it the Schiit love fest, and I too love their products since this is my fourth order, but the ordering & fulfillment process could use a little work.
Their board I think supplier has had a hold up, which appears to have pushed back all the products currently out of stock. Agree they could have a notification system for when this happens, though when you change your order I think it's universal among companies that you lose your spot in the queue.

Jan 31, 2018 at 12:24 PM Post #28,808 of 150,848
You think Schiit is for people in the real world? Give me a break. People in what you call the real world don't even know what a dac is. Schiit is for audiophiles who want to think they're more sophisticated than audiophiles who spend thousands on gear that does the same thing. Most of the improvment in sound for most people goes from going to mp3 to flac, but still using the chips on their motherboards. And lets be honest, the vast majority of people don't even know mp3 is lossy

Although a lot of consumers could care less about audio as you say, I'm not sure it's quite so clear-cut anymore. A number of consumer headphones have actually gotten serious about making decent headphones lately. Apple has released a speaker that they claim will deliver an incredible sound experience. Apt-X is an advertising feature. The LG V30 cellphone touts not only the best video in a cellphone but also quad DAC 24 bit resolution and an amp. TVs are pushing their improved sound systems and Dolby Atmos. There are these little signs that makers of mass market products are beginning to up their game and are delivering improved sound. Ok,most people are not interesting in being audiophiles but there are some signs that more people are listening to better sounding devices. Don't bother pointing out the overwhelming number of lousy sounding devices out there. I'll concede there's still a long way to go.

Jan 31, 2018 at 1:19 PM Post #28,811 of 150,848

Audiophiles are actually a part of the real world. Just like fans of sports are a part of the real world. The real world is diverse, consisting of people of many different interests.

Now? If some audiophiles began to try to convert the rest of the world into audiophiles? Then.. those audiophiles would be living in a different world!

Jan 31, 2018 at 2:45 PM Post #28,813 of 150,848
Jan 31, 2018 at 3:18 PM Post #28,814 of 150,848
I live in the real world, and don’t earn a high salary. I love music, and want to listen to it in the highest quality that is available. For me Schiit is perfect, as it gives great performance at an affordable price. I don’t consider myself more sophisticated than those who spend thousands on hifi equipment, just less wealthy!
:)

Jan 31, 2018 at 4:34 PM Post #28,815 of 150,848
I live in the real world, and don’t earn a high salary. I love music, and want to listen to it in the highest quality that is available. For me Schiit is perfect, as it gives great performance at an affordable price. I don’t consider myself more sophisticated than those who spend thousands on hifi equipment, just less wealthy!
:)
Like your poem, Mike! ... :k701smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back