Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jan 1, 2018 at 4:35 PM Post #27,916 of 150,874
I've seen about a billion posts on cats on the Schiit thread. I guess it's to keep things light? But I'd rather see audio related stuff please.
I'm just putting it out there because I doubt I'm the only one clicking on the updates to the thread only to see more cat posts for some reason.

Jan 1, 2018 at 4:39 PM Post #27,917 of 150,874
I've seen about a billion posts on cats on the Schiit thread. I guess it's to keep things light? But I'd rather see audio related stuff please.
I'm just putting it out there because I doubt I'm the only one clicking on the updates to the thread only to see more cat posts for some reason.
I guess you have a bit of a point there.
We are bound to exaggerate in this.
Me is guilty indeed and will try to cut it down a bit.

Jan 1, 2018 at 5:11 PM Post #27,919 of 150,874
It looks like plastic but that, by no means, answers your question.
You're just procrastinating.

"Plastic" huh? Oh well...It will not bother either of them. Plastic can be durable, I know. I suppose one can just leave the 'phones plugged in and they have just a pair or two each so it is plausible they will do just that. I have a couple of wire less 'phones, one by Sennheiser and the other is a Blootoof noise cancelling pair o' Sonyphoneys with the remainer all hard wired. I will check with my older brother first as he is the more tube-ish of them. He likes the looks of tubes so I am not alone in that particular facet of funkiness. He will be my test bed and if he likes it then I will see what the youngster wants.

Listening to "South Pacific" - original Broadway cast. There really is nothing like a dame. I am certain Constanza can attest to that, my friend.

Thanks!

What you say is understandable. Would you prefer people only spoke of "audio"? When you meet friends in the real world, do you only discuss the same thing or do you talk about a variety of topics including the same old stuff but with a smattering of the nonsensical thrown in for nonsense sake? One can talk about the same old Schiit and decide for variety's sake which hand to do the "Schiit Reacharound™ with. The same holds true for car and motorbike forums, how many times can the question of "what oil" can be asked?

It is important to remain on topic but some times going off the beaten path, even with a degree of repetition, is to be expected. Some times people go off the beaten path rather than continue to beat the same dead horse. Or some thing to that effect. I am now listening to the original Broadway cast recording of "The Sound of Music" through wire less Sennheiser HDR195 'phones. I use my equipment to listen to music, not music to listen to equipment. I have my hearing tested every two years and so far, so good.

I have my sense of humor tested every day. Here and in the real world. And again, what you say is understandable and I am far from offended by your question. Did you know that the scene in The Sound of Music where the Von Trapps walk across the Alps to freedom is totally fabricated? Per they woman who lived it and was the teenage daughter, they simply walked across a street and took a train to freedom.

Do-Re-Mi-Fa-So-La-Ti- Do!

El Toado Procrastinato :L3000:

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2018 at 5:14 PM Post #27,920 of 150,874

It’s no use complaining about the cat stuff. Using the Ignore button works much better.

Jan 1, 2018 at 8:13 PM Post #27,924 of 150,874
It’s no use complaining about the cat stuff. Using the Ignore button works much better.
1512721568-90593-zoom-500x600.jpg

Jan 1, 2018 at 8:35 PM Post #27,925 of 150,874
....edited

El Toado Procrastinato :L3000:

Ok, let's change to subject for them. Just to be prig about things and no insult intended. Procrastinato simply means procrastinate. Procrastinator in Spanish is El Desidioso or El Procrastinador. I think in the case of a Toad, desidioso has a nice ring to it. See we can discuss things other than cats. Personally, I prefer Pietro's cat.

Jan 1, 2018 at 8:41 PM Post #27,926 of 150,874
No problem on the durability of the Vali 2 jack. I have had mine over a year now, and it gets a lot of plugging/unplugging because I use it as a preamp as well as headphone amp. As I have said before here, for me Vali 2 (with mumby) is where the 'magic' begins! (Yeah, the gumby>MJ 2 is better, but that's a different story and whole different level of expenditure.)
NF

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2018 at 8:53 PM Post #27,927 of 150,874
Ok, let's change to subject for them. Just to be prig about things and no insult intended. Procrastinato simply means procrastinate. Procrastinator in Spanish is El Desidioso or El Procrastinador. I think in the case of a Toad, desidioso has a nice ring to it. See we can discuss things other than cats. Personally, I prefer Pietro's cat.

Actually, you referred to me as "the idiot", aka "el desidioso". Sounds cool, huh? Stuff in foreign languages often sounds cool to us English speaking folk. Kinda like the town of La Mesa. It means "the table". Stupid in English but oh so exotic in Spanish. Yup, I do have a sense of humor.

Via con huevos, amigo!

El Sapo Verde

Post Script - And no, Audiobear, you are not a prig. Rather just a guy with a sense of humor. Same here.

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2018 at 9:07 PM Post #27,928 of 150,874
No problem on the durability of the Vali 2 jack. I have had mine over a year now, and it gets a lot of plugging/unplugging because I use it as a preamp as well as headphone amp. As I have said before here, for me Vali 2 (with mumby) is where the 'magic' begins! (Yeah, the gumby>MJ 2 is better, but that's a different story and whole different level of expenditure.)
NF

Thanks for the real world info, my friend. I appreciate it. I do not really under stand the benefits of multi-bit but then I am el desidioso (thanks Audiobear!) but I believe my older brother will enjoy a Vali but am uncertain about a DAC.

And for any that think other wise, no I am not kidding about buying this for him and possibly my younger brother. Yes I could simply search this thread but as has been pointed bout by others, we need to talk about audio and as my need to know is genuine, why not ask the people I trust here. Thanks again!

El Desidioso Sapo (thanks, Audiobear!)

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2018 at 9:26 PM Post #27,929 of 150,874
Actually, you referred to me as "the idiot", aka "el desidioso". Sounds cool, huh? Stuff in foreign languages often sounds cool to us English speaking folk. Kinda like the town of La Mesa. It means "the table". Stupid in English but oh so exotic in Spanish. Yup, I do have a sense of humor.

Via con huevos, amigo!

El Sapo Verde

Post Script - And no, Audiobear, you are not a prig. Rather just a guy with a sense of humor. Same here.

Thanks for appreciating a little no cat no Schiit humor!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back