Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Nov 1, 2017 at 4:59 PM Post #26,071 of 154,005
Just another reason to not make a turntable... [ducks and covers]

You know how it goes...anything in development that's *truly* new (as in, not using all the mechanics/tricks/components you've been using for a while) is a much, much bigger time-sump than just re-using what you've already learned.

In this case, I had the mechanics 100% correct--as long as the switch bat could pass through solid metal during assembly. Oops.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Nov 1, 2017 at 5:04 PM Post #26,072 of 154,005
Don't pass out, but the power switch for the Sol is on top.
So that's why you couldn't find it
Here's one that will go nice with the design
electric-knife-switch-slate-breaker-panel-switch-board-crouse-hinds-10-sockets-3a6133c60571f9cb2b2027d06b6478c6.jpg

Nov 1, 2017 at 5:07 PM Post #26,073 of 154,005
Has anyone stacked a Modi Multibit and Mani (either one above / below the other). I just want to make sure there's no issues with the Mani picking up any noise.

I had to work the weekend I was going to head out to the Schiitr ... and after more research, am now looking at the Gumby/Yggy vs. the BorderPatrol DAC, and upcoming Line Magnetic my local shop will have soon.

I'm thinking of just picking up a Modi Multibit in the meantime, so I can get a feel for the "multibit" sound ... since I probably won't get a chance to demo a Schiit DAC in my home.

I figure I can just use the Modi on a secondary system once I've made up my mind on a "big" DAC.

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2017 at 5:15 PM Post #26,075 of 154,005
I'd love to see a smaller speaker amp (somewhere in the 20-30 watt range) with a complimentary tonality to the Vidar. I've got dreams of a bi-amping a set of moderately sized monitors with a Saga and the upcoming Sol.

+1 if that smaller speaker amp was actually two smaller monoblocks ... single ended ... KT150 ... droooool.

Nov 1, 2017 at 5:18 PM Post #26,076 of 154,005
Nov 1, 2017 at 5:36 PM Post #26,077 of 154,005
You know how it goes...anything in development that's *truly* new (as in, not using all the mechanics/tricks/components you've been using for a while) is a much, much bigger time-sump than just re-using what you've already learned.

In this case, I had the mechanics 100% correct--as long as the switch bat could pass through solid metal during assembly. Oops.
Yep. But usually after the frustrations, the head-scratching, the unpredictable delays and the "oops"ies are over, they can be the most satisfying projects. :)

Nov 1, 2017 at 5:59 PM Post #26,078 of 154,005

Nov 1, 2017 at 6:27 PM Post #26,079 of 154,005
Don't pass out, but the power switch for the Sol is on top.
Is this switch a really nice toggle with sufficient leverage to be easily actuated by cats? Just tryin' to help!

Nov 1, 2017 at 6:30 PM Post #26,080 of 154,005
Is this switch a really nice toggle with sufficient leverage to be easily actuated by cats? Just tryin' to help!

Currently experimenting with a fingertip toggle (like the ones on the front of Jotunheim) and a pushbutton. We'll see which one wins when the parts come in next week, then we'll revise the stamping tool to match.

The pushbutton could possibly be cat-activated (cativated?)

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Nov 1, 2017 at 7:35 PM Post #26,082 of 154,005
I agree it's fantastic. I've been using mine for over a month now and I love it compared to the old one. It's funny how something small like this can significantly impact the feeling of a particular product or brand. Improving the remote was a wise move IMO, as the previous one was just not good I'm sorry to say.

Where's the new remote on the website? I've checked twice and I can't find it...

Nov 1, 2017 at 9:22 PM Post #26,085 of 154,005

Users who are viewing this thread

Back