Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jul 11, 2017 at 2:00 PM Post #21,767 of 150,490
Why all this arguing about whether it is worthwhile to wait for Salk speakers at the current wait list time? If you want to wait, fine. If you don't want to wait then fine, too. Why should we care, and of what business is it of ours, what others choose to do?

Maybe it's just me, but I didn't read anyone here arguing. Winders made his priorities clear, which is cool, he'll get what he wants. The other comments were just entertaining comments about the realities of audio gear, not made as a counter argument.

I personally find it fascinating hearing how small shops survive, or thrive, in the current global economy.

My 2c.

(I still have my Thiel 1.5s I bought in the early 90s partly because in love the rosewood . Of course, I still love their dynamics and speed too :))

Jul 11, 2017 at 2:02 PM Post #21,768 of 150,490
Why all this arguing about whether it is worthwhile to wait for Salk speakers at the current wait list time? If you want to wait, fine. If you don't want to wait then fine, too. Why should we care, and of what business is it of ours, what others choose to do?

But I'm an Internet Person in this Age of Convenience, and I demand instant gratification! Waiting is SO last century.

Jul 11, 2017 at 2:47 PM Post #21,769 of 150,490
But I'm an Internet Person in this Age of Convenience, and I demand instant gratification! Waiting is SO last century.

My wife and I like walking to stuff. It's thunderstorm season here now so we each take an umbrella. If a storm keeps us at the pizza pub an extra hour after dinner we have another beer. Then we walk home as the cars fly by....many clearly irritated by having to slow down for safety at the bike trail. There will be a lot who won't get Vidars the first two in stock postings possibly, and that will build character.:beerchug::L3000:

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2017 at 4:02 PM Post #21,770 of 150,490
My wife and I like walking to stuff. It's thunderstorm season here now so we each take an umbrella. If a storm keeps us at the pizza pub an extra hour after dinner we have another beer. Then we walk home as the cars fly by....many clearly irritated by having to slow down for safety at the bike trail. There will be a lot who won't get Vidars the first two in stock postings possibly, and that will build character.:beerchug::L3000:
I love that walking to the retaurant stuff. Hard to do that in NZ because in parking lots and roads etc cars have the right of way and people enjoy making you uncomfortable. I was at an Audi dealership with my 2 kids, one which is 6 months at the time. This old lady wanted to park next to us and wouldn't wait and nearly ran over myself and the sales guy. She literall nudged are legs with her car to get us out of the way while we're taking my daughter out of her car seat. The sales person said you see that quite a lot.

Jul 11, 2017 at 5:12 PM Post #21,771 of 150,490
My nearest pub is 5 miles away and the only level terrain is where the gradient changes sign, so I don't walk there; don't know if they do pizza, I've only been there once to check out the bottle-o but the staff were so bogan I've never been back. (and it's not like I'm going to walk home carrying a slab)
:)

Meanwhile waiting for Vidar news.

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2017 at 7:38 PM Post #21,773 of 150,490
I cannot "like" this post enough!

Jul 11, 2017 at 8:25 PM Post #21,774 of 150,490

Jul 12, 2017 at 3:09 PM Post #21,777 of 150,490
I am so excited about this release I had a dream about Schiit's second flusher. It was a record player. I am not even into records...

And it swirls clockwise!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back