Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jun 17, 2017 at 9:34 PM Post #21,061 of 150,726
Totally, I'm a Schiit customer for life. Just fantastic pieces of audio gear and great customer service, not to mention down to earth and genuinely good guys running the show.

Jun 17, 2017 at 10:27 PM Post #21,062 of 150,726
I already got two of my colleagues into buying Schiit. Go for Bimby + Lyr 2!
Schiit did a very good job in getting more people into great sounding systems. And Schiit customers love to spread the word!

Jun 17, 2017 at 11:11 PM Post #21,063 of 150,726
I already got two of my colleagues into buying Schiit. Go for Bimby + Lyr 2!
Schiit did a very good job in getting more people into great sounding systems. And Schiit customers love to spread the word!
So what you're saying is that you're all a bunch of Schiit heads.

Jun 17, 2017 at 11:19 PM Post #21,064 of 150,726
So... here in Chile it's autumn, and the days are getting colder and colder as we approach winter. Nothing new here, except for...

After more than two years since I bought my first three Schiits (Asgard 2, Bifrost Uber & Wyrd), one of my cats finally discovered that Asgard runs super hot and decided to jump on top of it. At first she only was standing over it, so I decided to put her in the ground to make pretty clear that I wasn't going to tolerate that.

And well, since 99.9999% of the cats in the entire world do whatever they want, she climbed back in less than 3 seconds. We repeated the same actions again and again and every damn time she climbed back, she looked at me with her best "I can do this all day" facial expression.

Long story short, she won the battle, and after an hour of trying (unsuccesfully), she managed to lay on Asgard pretty comfortably.

So, here's Chica...

P5DN3da.jpg

5qb5MJv.jpg

It will be interesting to see how much does my beloved Asgard stands to have the top vent pretty much completely covered.

Damn kitties and their iron will -_-

Jun 18, 2017 at 1:37 AM Post #21,067 of 150,726
Another fun insight into the depths of audio design frustations. Always look on the bright side.
My guess is that the person stuffing that first article was not fully up to date on the chronicles of Vidar with its heatsink evolutions.

Jun 18, 2017 at 2:44 AM Post #21,068 of 150,726
So... here in Chile it's autumn, and the days are getting colder and colder as we approach winter. Nothing new here, except for...

After more than two years since I bought my first three Schiits (Asgard 2, Bifrost Uber & Wyrd), one of my cats finally discovered that Asgard runs super hot and decided to jump on top of it. At first she only was standing over it, so I decided to put her in the ground to make pretty clear that I wasn't going to tolerate that.

And well, since 99.9999% of the cats in the entire world do whatever they want, she climbed back in less than 3 seconds. We repeated the same actions again and again and every damn time she climbed back, she looked at me with her best "I can do this all day" facial expression.

Long story short, she won the battle, and after an hour of trying (unsuccesfully), she managed to lay on Asgard pretty comfortably.

So, here's Chica...

P5DN3da.jpg

5qb5MJv.jpg

It will be interesting to see how much does my beloved Asgard stands to have the top vent pretty much completely covered.

Damn kitties and their iron will -_-

My cat is a big fan of the Lyr and its tubes...

Jun 18, 2017 at 9:54 AM Post #21,071 of 150,726
Sweet kitty. I don't know if cat fur is conductive at all, something to consider. It wouldn't shock her with any real current, but I'd be concerned about causing shorts in the gear. Maybe you could put a comfy platform above it.

...Long story short, she won the battle, and after an hour of trying (unsuccesfully), she managed to lay on Asgard pretty comfortably...

Jun 18, 2017 at 10:52 AM Post #21,072 of 150,726
I couldn't find any reviews of the Modi MultiBit on schiit.com/products/modi-2 ????

On the plus side, we'll (at least) be getting data on a lot of alternate parts for Vidar (or other possible power amps). It certainly can't hurt in the future!

Very nice to end the post with this little teaser!
I see the hordes are already lining up for Thor and Tyr - The one handed god of war. An you'll like this. Tyr is the danish word for Bull .......

Jun 18, 2017 at 11:40 AM Post #21,073 of 150,726
So, the Vidar first article boards are in, and with the exception of one hilarious mistake (and one possible show-stopper problem), they're looking good.

The hilarious mistake: they installed all the through-hole transistors backwards. See photo.

That's a masterpiece ! I'd be happy to have one simply as an Objet d'Art !

Jun 18, 2017 at 1:03 PM Post #21,074 of 150,726
Sweet kitty. I don't know if cat fur is conductive at all, something to consider. It wouldn't shock her with any real current, but I'd be concerned about causing shorts in the gear. Maybe you could put a comfy platform above it.

Yeah, I'll see what can I do cause I'm pretty sure she will keep visiting "Asgard Hotel" until the cold seasons are over.

Jun 18, 2017 at 1:17 PM Post #21,075 of 150,726
IMG_0389.JPG
Cats and hifi don't mix! My records are fur magnets, as is everything else shiny.
This is an old Pre-Schiit photo. There is now a Saga in place of the Cambridge amp, which Chloe cat keeps away from since sniffing the hot valve(or tube).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back