Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
May 23, 2017 at 9:14 AM Post #20,344 of 151,109
Your 604S2 was a very popular speaker when I worked in retail. I can't remember the exact price, but I think they were around £1000.00 back in the early noughties. Maybe £1200.00? Sounds like you got a bargain!

They sold for USD 1600 and are a hefty floor-stander. When I get a pair of Vidar's to drive them I will be very happy. Best of all, later this year I'll be moving and a better room is the priority!

May 23, 2017 at 1:26 PM Post #20,345 of 151,109
May 23, 2017 at 2:06 PM Post #20,346 of 151,109
Mwah...ok
Did you see the new Magnepan MMGi's?
Maybe with the DWM Bass panel.

Have you heard that Bass Panel? I used to own the Maggie Tympani 1-D's many years ago. Played female vocals like nothing I had ever heard then.... It'd be great to actually hear that Bass Panel, especially if it seamlessly blends with the main panels..

May 23, 2017 at 2:29 PM Post #20,347 of 151,109
+1 on the Elac Unfi Although if you have a bigger budget there are better. The Adante's look nice but in that price point there are obviously many more options. The Unifi's are Driven Via a Bimby or Mani, Freya and I am using a Emotiva Flex amp. its the half pint version. it drives them well until you get them to concert levels. 1 Vidar will drive them into Oblivion. Vidar is on the list but in the future. I have become a Fan of the Concentric speakers. My desktop setup is using the Centrance masterclass. I have read very good things about the Tannoy X Series, I would love to hear them but no local places carry them.

The Mimby + Magni2Uber + Sonny Rollins = delicious. The Stack Makes the Cube farm tolerable... Actually Warps me out of this setting for a short period of time.

May 23, 2017 at 4:45 PM Post #20,350 of 151,109
+1 on the Elac Unfi Although if you have a bigger budget there are better. The Adante's look nice but in that price point there are obviously many more options. The Unifi's are Driven Via a Bimby or Mani, Freya and I am using a Emotiva Flex amp. its the half pint version. it drives them well until you get them to concert levels. 1 Vidar will drive them into Oblivion. Vidar is on the list but in the future. I have become a Fan of the Concentric speakers. My desktop setup is using the Centrance masterclass. I have read very good things about the Tannoy X Series, I would love to hear them but no local places carry them.

The Mimby + Magni2Uber + Sonny Rollins = delicious. The Stack Makes the Cube farm tolerable... Actually Warps me out of this setting for a short period of time.
Im sure 1 Vidar would do the job but if you feel balanced is better,which I do, you have to buy 2 .

Last edited:
May 23, 2017 at 6:48 PM Post #20,353 of 151,109
May 23, 2017 at 8:28 PM Post #20,355 of 151,109
Where did you get that "word"? Did you make it up or did you get it from someone at Schiit?

Jason gave us some info last week, he said that May delivery is out, and that June seems likely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back