Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Apr 2, 2017 at 11:22 PM Post #18,451 of 153,539
I just have to ask this because it's a long flight from Florida to come out there. Jason, does the Mexican restaurant have a good deep fryer?

Apr 2, 2017 at 11:40 PM Post #18,452 of 153,539
The new store is about 3 hours from me so if/when I go, it is to buy some thing that I want as opposed to my usual (primarily at high-end venues) lookie-loo attitude.  That is an all day trip and as I previously said, a toadish hejira.

The thing with the brick and mortar store is that you can see not only the products but some times the people behind them.  Including those that sell them. I order a pizza via telephone and then go and pick it up my self.  I walk to the Circle K and pick up some chocolate milk or a pop.  I ride or drive to my local Narnes & Boble and talk music with a couple of friends that work there about albums and buy one or two when I find what I am looking for and those people that I now call friends know what I am looking for.  They were not friends until I went in and talked with them.  And listened to what they had to say.

The same is true of my local Best Buy.  I know many of the folks there not only by sight but by name.  As Helen Keller said, "I would rather walk with a friend in the dark than alone in the light".

I have rambled enough.  I congratulate Mike, Jason, their wives and their friends.  I suspect that last one includes those that work both for and with them.

Apr 2, 2017 at 11:49 PM Post #18,453 of 153,539

Some people claimed they visited the venue and posted pictures. They could be stooges, of course.

Moe, Larry and Curly are long dead.  Shemp too.  So it would be impossible for a true Stooge to show up.  Even if Joe or Curly Joe were alive they would not count.

Iggy.

Apr 3, 2017 at 7:21 AM Post #18,456 of 153,539
The best news in all this talk about the SCHITTR is that EITR is NOT a april's fool joke, but the real thing!!
Looking forward to hear more about what it is, when it will be available and at what price.

Apr 3, 2017 at 10:08 AM Post #18,460 of 153,539
  I think the point was Source A/V has really embraced headphones with a substantial inventory and selection. 

Most shops offer a selection of amps and headphones. I know Upscale does.

Apr 3, 2017 at 10:26 AM Post #18,461 of 153,539
Originally Posted by Jason Stoddard /img/forum/go_quote.gif

And yes, with respect to #3 specifically, we share a patio with a Mexican restaurant, though that would require coordination with them.

Wow, that was smart.  Really, if the food is decent, it would make the trip a really nice diversion.  I think the whole idea is great, even if you don't replicate it much.  Having hot water for tea is nice and civilized.  I saw a couple of stores in Paris that I would have given anything to visit: Harmonia Mundi and Audio Technica.  Both were closed, but OMG to see the goods from such great providers.  I think Apple stores are brilliant that way, to let you experience the brand undiluted.  The local one is packed all the time.

In more useless speculation, I'm now betting that Manhattan might be a look-ahead processor to try to recognize and somewhat reverse jitter (during buffered replay) in many digital recordings, sort of like MQA remastering but minus the DRM.  I had speculated it would be a vinyl emulator until I saw the never-tried-before pronouncement.  Not comparable, but Bruno Putzeys used to keep a front-panel-switchable 18k notch filter on his CD player for all those early discs with severe aliasing in recording.

Whatever it is, I'll be excited to hear it.  And good luck with the new water closet!   

Apr 3, 2017 at 10:52 AM Post #18,462 of 153,539
moreton-telegraph-station-dunny.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back