Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Mar 31, 2017 at 7:23 AM Post #18,287 of 153,544
Why not...

1) A good clock radio.  No joke, *nobody* makes a good, simple, *reliable* clock radio with an aux in.  2-3" fabric drivers.  Called the "Oh" for $99-149, sold.

2) A quiet digital interface that isn't a thousand times slower than USB 3.

3) A purist's Mimby (or up the ladder) with an external clock and digital filter, fancier parts, no USB input, and no internal clock, at least for feeding the DAC.

4) A Saga derivative with SS buffer only, everybody would like it just fine, given the praise for the Freya SS buffer circuit.  Maybe a SS-only version of the Freya, though LISST will do that for not too-high a premium while keeping the tube-sweetness option.

1) might happen if you guys get a lot bigger. 

2) is only a pipe dream. (See what I did there?)

3) is for a small crowd, but could become a decent seller.

4) I think is on the horizon.

Mar 31, 2017 at 7:38 AM Post #18,288 of 153,544
No just increase the prices because the 1st. april versions where made only for the audiophiles who regard the prices to low for the offered quality and so this day only good stuff with braggable prices will be sold to the people who deem it a factor of importance that they can brag about the price they had to pay for this examplery piece of top technique 

I vote for this!

Mar 31, 2017 at 8:19 AM Post #18,289 of 153,544
  Why not...

1) A good clock radio.  No joke, *nobody* makes a good, simple, *reliable* clock radio with an aux in.  2-3" fabric drivers.  Called the "Oh" for $99-149, sold.

The clock would need to have mechanical movement so it doesn't affect the sound quality. 

Mar 31, 2017 at 9:02 AM Post #18,290 of 153,544
You will be wanting the Tice Clock then.  Guaranteed to improve the sound quality.  
biggrin.gif

JC

Mar 31, 2017 at 10:07 AM Post #18,291 of 153,544
Tomorrow Schiit will announce that they will no longer sell direct to the customer. In the future, all sales will be exclusively through Massdrop.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 31, 2017 at 11:13 AM Post #18,292 of 153,544

​If Schiit wanted to sell more Schiit to less people, then all they need do is lie.  A lot.  FrAudiophiles will strain at a bit and swallow a lie whole.

Next, they need to raise the price of entry so that there would be no entry level.   Make it excruciatingly exclusive so that only the Elite Infuriati are able to purchase.

Offer more lies in the form of use less "upgrades".  Might I suggest a 50 amp PS shaped like a toadstool and called the Schitt Wall Wart?  

More lies.  Lies not only sell product, but increase profits!  Make outrageous claims of more every thing.  More "sound stage"!  More "air"!  More "coherence"!  More transients (not the smelly kind)!.  More (my fave!) "Musicalifragellisticexpealidociousness™".    More Schitt selling and that means More Moolah!

New ad campaigns with new claims of how with Schitt you squeeze out every ounce of insert-flowery-madeup-term-here

Sell cables made with "Schittonium".  Call 'em "The Runs" because they are good for long or short ones and enable the music to squirt through with authority.

Offer a "Pre-Listening Air Enhancer" called, "Schitt PooGas®™.  It makes the atmosphere more transparent (no, not a sex changed parent), more transientdentalified, deblurrified, and any thing else the ad copy folks can make up. 

And for MQA fans, a special ointment called "Schitt Smear" that takes care of any bit smearing.  It also can be used to treat fine leather and when used in conjunction with "Schitt Payper" ™ (patent pending) will both salve and buff the ego of any butthurt frAudiophile.

Etc.

I despise frAudiophiles.  They take a fun and enjoyable pastime and turn it in to an obsessive compulsive disorder.   In doing so, they deny not only themselves the enjoyment of music but all so any others they infect with their ridiculous notions.

Mar 31, 2017 at 12:08 PM Post #18,294 of 153,544
  ​If you meant  me, no. I do not drink nor do I take any thing else. I am, to be honest, quite boring.  I am the only one in my family that is this way.  I am adopted and both my father and maternal grand father were alcoholics and so I decided very young not to risk it all by trying it even once.

Reminds me of the tale of the raging abusive alcoholic dad with two sons. One child grew up to be a teetotaler, the other fell into the bottle. When asked why they turned out that way, both replied - "With a father like mine, what did you expect?"

Bit OT, admittedly; but hopefully thought-provoking.

Back O(n)T, you bet I'll log onto Schiit.com tomorrow a.m. just for grins...

Mar 31, 2017 at 12:15 PM Post #18,295 of 153,544
Mar 31, 2017 at 12:47 PM Post #18,298 of 153,544

Reminds me of the tale of the raging abusive alcoholic dad with two sons. One child grew up to be a teetotaler, the other fell into the bottle. When asked why they turned out that way, both replied - "With a father like mine, what did you expect?"

Bit OT, admittedly; but hopefully thought-provoking.

Back O(n)T, you bet I'll log onto Schiit.com tomorrow a.m. just for grins...

​Pretty much every thing in life involves  choice.  The difficulty is in choosing wisely. 

My mother taught me that we can choose to be bitter or better.  Still, it can be tough  at times not to be the former and that regardless of how well the out come of some of life's choices.  We are just people.  To err is human, to for give, divine.  But to forget is nigh on impossible. 

So then, do not forget but learn from what life hurls at us. Why?  Because which would we rather do, learn from our mistakes or be taught a lesson.

Be well.

Post Script ​- Back on topic.  Schitt makes an excellent product and I look forward to April 1st when they will make us smile all the more.

Mar 31, 2017 at 12:51 PM Post #18,299 of 153,544

Offer more lies in the form of use less "upgrades".  Might I suggest a 50 amp PS shaped like a toadstool and called the Schitt Wall Wart?  

Sell cables made with "Schittonium".  Call 'em "The Runs" because they are good for long or short ones and enable the music to squirt through with authority.

Offer a "Pre-Listening Air Enhancer" called, "Schitt PooGas®™.  It makes the atmosphere more transparent (no, not a sex changed parent), more transientdentalified, deblurrified, and any thing else the ad copy folks can make up.......

If I were a VU meter my needles would have bent! Best in a while. A good point of VU
beyersmile.png

Mar 31, 2017 at 1:01 PM Post #18,300 of 153,544

​If Schiit wanted to sell more Schiit to less people, then all they need do is lie.  A lot.  FrAudiophiles will strain at a bit and swallow a lie whole.

Next, they need to raise the price of entry so that there would be no entry level.   Make it excruciatingly exclusive so that only the Elite Infuriati are able to purchase.

More lies.  Lies not only sell product, but increase profits!  Make outrageous claims of more every thing.  More "sound stage"!  More "air"!  More "coherence"!  More transients (not the smelly kind)!.  More (my fave!) "Musicalifragellisticexpealidociousness™".    More Schitt selling and that means More Moolah!

New ad campaigns with new claims of how with Schitt you squeeze out every ounce of insert-flowery-madeup-term-here

Offer a "Pre-Listening Air Enhancer" called, "Schitt PooGas®™.  It makes the atmosphere more transparent (no, not a sex changed parent), more transientdentalified, deblurrified, and any thing else the ad copy folks can make up. 

And for MQA fans, a special ointment called "Schitt Smear" that takes care of any bit smearing.  It also can be used to treat fine leather and when used in conjunction with "Schitt Payper" ™ (patent pending) will both salve and buff the ego of any butthurt frAudiophile.

Etc.

​Yes but is it galvanically isolated?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back