Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Mar 25, 2017 at 3:30 PM Post #18,137 of 153,630
Pro tip for original Schiit Fulla 1 owners, you know how the static is bad?

So I just ran a little experiment, a USB Type C to USB MIni B to original Schiit Fulla 1, because it has lot of static over standard USB... 0 static now even at max volume, sounds great... neat trick. Wish I thought of it sooner.  

Type C is a God port.

Mar 25, 2017 at 6:17 PM Post #18,138 of 153,630

Jason has imposed any number of filters and tests on potential customers, just for his own amusement one suspects. He's a great guy, make no mistake, but I'll wager he spends a lot of time with at least one middle finger raised; at the world in general if not any specific person or cause.

Look at what he makes us go through to prove we are worthy to receive his excellent products at his giveaway prices - Any color you like so long as it's silver. Limited functions and features. Not to mention the power switch on the back. You think these are design eccentricities? Non, monsieur, these are the hoops you must be willing to jump through in order to gain admittance to the inner circle. The stuffy, the stuck-up, the status-seekers and the overly serious need not apply.

Refreshing, actually.

​Yeah...About that "power switch on the back" thing?  I call it doing the "Schiit Reach-Around®".

Yup.  I said it.

Mar 25, 2017 at 11:02 PM Post #18,140 of 153,630

Can anyone tell me the turntable in this vid?
i went yesterday and I asked and they grinned and played some vinyl.
The name on the table is not the brand which I can kinda see on the label but maybe someone can recognize it?

Sorry for the OT but I figure experienced home users in this thread might know

/OT

Mar 25, 2017 at 11:12 PM Post #18,141 of 153,630
Congrats with the RP2 what cart did you get? I look forward to compare the mani to the rega sound.

Mar 25, 2017 at 11:42 PM Post #18,142 of 153,630
Can anyone tell me the turntable in this vid?
i went yesterday and I asked and they grinned and played some vinyl.
The name on the table is not the brand which I can kinda see on the label but maybe someone can recognize it?

Sorry for the OT but I figure experienced home users in this thread might know

/OT

I've been trying to figure out the brand...It looks like JR Audio.

Here's another table made by them. Looks very similar:

The wood table name "Andante Largo" is the name of the actual stand that the table is on:

I don't know...this is the best I could find!

Mar 26, 2017 at 12:20 AM Post #18,145 of 153,630
  It's a Transrotor Z3 made by Jochen Räke in Germany. It is a fantastic turntable.

Sing with me!

​"Trans-RO-Tor, ugly in disguise"...

Well, at least to my toadish eyes it is.  'Tis no secret that I prefer classic looks over this sort of...Wellllll..."thing".  Doubt less the sound it reproduces is wondrous but I can not abide it's fArt Deco styling.

Yup.  I said  it again and perhaps there is a market for it.  It is not as though I am whining "sour grapes", I just prefer class over ass.  Mayhap this is why some listen with their eyes closed?  Sheol awaits.

Mar 26, 2017 at 2:36 AM Post #18,146 of 153,630

Sing with me!

​"Trans-RO-Tor, ugly in disguise"...

Well, at least to my toadish eyes it is.  'Tis no secret that I prefer classic looks over this sort of...Wellllll..."thing".  Doubt less the sound it reproduces is wondrous but I can not abide it's fArt Deco styling.

Yup.  I said  it again and perhaps there is a market for it.  It is not as though I am whining "sour grapes", I just prefer class over ass.  Mayhap this is why some listen with their eyes closed?  Sheol awaits.

yeah well, you know that's just, like, your opinion man :)

De gustibus non est disputandum. :wink:

Mar 26, 2017 at 4:58 AM Post #18,147 of 153,630
I've been trying to figure out the brand...It looks like JR Audio.

Here's another table made by them. Looks very similar:

The wood table name "Andante Largo" is the name of the actual stand that the table is on:

I don't know...this is the best I could find!

It's a Transrotor Z3 made by Jochen Räke in Germany. It is a fantastic turntable.

Thanks to both you guys!
beerchug.gif

I knew this was the thread to ask in

I like vintage looking stuff but that thing kinda mesmerized me. I want one. Manufacturer page talks about appointments for demo but no price.
I live in Japan right now and German stuff in Japan like that Spinderella probably costs about...mmm...a car worth of money. I was hoping like $1500.   I kinda doubt it 
frown.gif

Mar 26, 2017 at 6:19 AM Post #18,149 of 153,630

I like vintage looking stuff but that thing kinda mesmerized me. I want one. Manufacturer page talks about appointments for demo but no price.
I live in Japan right now and German stuff in Japan like that Spinderella probably costs about...mmm...a car worth of money. I was hoping like $1500.   I kinda doubt it 
frown.gif

Transrotor Rondino Nero FMD (as in posted you tube picture)

http://www.solidstate-audio.com/index.php?main_page=products_new&disp_order=7&page=125

otherTransrotor models for sale here also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back