Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jan 3, 2017 at 5:04 PM Post #15,871 of 150,704
Yes. Maybe 2-3 hours after it was posted.

Thanks. Looks Like I may have to make Contingency plans for delivery. I was hoping to receive it before I left town for a few days next week. The Few People who have reported back gives a strong impression that it is worth the Wait.. It does make me curious what the sales Numbers look like if they are still shipping first day orders.

Jan 3, 2017 at 5:10 PM Post #15,872 of 150,704
  Anyone order on the first day/first hours and still not get shipping details yet?   Seems like they are still recovering from the holidays, my excitement now that it's in people's hands cannot be contained.

​I had my purchase receipt printed out less than 30 minutes of it going live Dec 23rd. Got my shipping notice Freyday the 30th, I mean Friday. It was shipped 2-day. Because of the holiday weekend it won't be here until tomorrow. I'm in Florida. There are probably a lot of Freyas that were sitting somewhere in a FedEx warehouse for 3 days.

Jan 3, 2017 at 6:26 PM Post #15,873 of 150,704

​I had my purchase receipt printed out less than 30 minutes of it going live Dec 23rd. Got my shipping notice Freyday the 30th, I mean Friday. It was shipped 2-day. Because of the holiday weekend it won't be here until tomorrow. I'm in Florida. There are probably a lot of Freyas that were sitting somewhere in a FedEx warehouse for 3 days.

That sounds vexing.

Jan 3, 2017 at 9:02 PM Post #15,874 of 150,704
My Freya has been in a Fedex warehouse for 4 days! Should get it tomorrow. Tubes I bought (back in October) to roll are: Sylvania 6SN7GTB early 1960s (matched pair $90) and same but 1979 coin-base black plates (matched pair $40). Probably paid too much but should be some more fun doing comparisons.

Jan 3, 2017 at 9:16 PM Post #15,875 of 150,704
Yes. Maybe 2-3 hours after it was posted.

I ordered about 7 hours after it went live on the 23rd.  Looks like I have quite a wait ahead...
biggrin.gif

Jan 3, 2017 at 10:23 PM Post #15,878 of 150,704
I ordered within 2 hours of post on Dec 23rd. I got the cheapest shipping (almost hit the 2-day but decided to use that money for tubes... maybe a good idea looking back on it). The original delivery date was scheduled for Jan 6th BUT yesterday the delivery date changed to Jan 4th (tomorrow) by end of day... The package is currently in Texas and I live in Tennessee. I'm expecting Thursday arrival at the earliest but if it is tomorrow I will not complain!!! :)

Jan 3, 2017 at 10:29 PM Post #15,879 of 150,704
  I am sure Schiit Makes every effort to get things at ASAP. Fed-ex on the other hand...

This. FedEx sucks. They are slow and their tracking is useless. USPS is faster, cheaper, with better tracking. I always dread when stuff is shipped with FedEx.

Jan 3, 2017 at 10:48 PM Post #15,881 of 150,704
Guys, I've been in the market for a shallow (but has feelings :)) preamp, and the Freya fits the bill. I don't need tubes, and would probably only use the JFET section. Can I pull the tubes out, and stack a DAC on top of that area?

BTW, I'm not looking for the UL listed answer, I would be happy to take the necessary risk of stuff falling into the holes, or someone hitting the switch to the tube gain section while no tubes were in place, etc. :)  Of course, I'd be happier if it sold with a solid state-only option, but...I'm just pleased to find mostly what I'm looking for finally.

Jan 3, 2017 at 10:52 PM Post #15,882 of 150,704
  Guys, I've been in the market for a shallow (but has feelings :)) preamp, and the Freya fits the bill. I don't need tubes, and would probably only use the JFET section. Can I pull the tubes out, and stack a DAC on top of that area?

Yes you can. But the Yggy fits under the Freya better than on top. 
wink.gif

Jan 3, 2017 at 10:52 PM Post #15,883 of 150,704

Yep. even if you accidentally select the tube output, no sound will pass from the output.

Jan 3, 2017 at 11:10 PM Post #15,885 of 150,704
  Living in "oh so sunny central Florida", (read Hot and MUGGY), I was hoping that the Freya would replace my Ragnarok as my pre-amp...and with the passive mode, I might be able play music all night without generating as much, or possibly ANY heat from my pre-amp...

From what I have read now, I guess that in order to use Freya in any of the three modes of operation, (passive, active solid state and active tube gain), it has to be turned on to "connect all the dots" so to speak...

Sound quality differences NOT withstanding, is there a significant difference in the amount of heat generated, (at a given gain setting), for the three different operational modes?  How does this heat generation compare to Ragnarok?...and is it really possible to run Freya safely with the tubes removed...or should there be something placed in those female pin cylinders...?...Oh, and do they make elevated tube "high-chairs" for those tubes so as to make regularly removing/replacing/exchanging tubes, (cheap for usually on but not necessarily heard vs. select tubes for listening), more convenient as well as increasing longevity of the female pin cylinders?...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back