Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Dec 25, 2016 at 2:30 PM Post #15,571 of 150,085
You should be aware that Zu allows their "full range" drivers to run all the way into cone break-up mode, about which John Atkinson said:

"the Zu Soul Supreme's cumulative spectral-decay or waterfall plot (fig.7) looks awful, with a significant resonant mode at 2.8kHz—that accounts for Herb's presence-region rise—and hashy-looking delayed energy in the top audio octave."

That's very interesting and good to know. I want to make sure I understand, what is cone break-up mode? Is that the point of audible distortion when a driver goes out of it's natural optimal range?

Dec 25, 2016 at 2:34 PM Post #15,572 of 150,085
  Interesting, i was considering the same set-up. What speakers are you using?

I have a pair of B & W DM604 s2 speakers. They sound very nice with the Rag, yet I am looking forward to hearing them with the headroom that the Vidar's will offer.

Dec 25, 2016 at 4:54 PM Post #15,575 of 150,085
Merry Xmas fellow Schiit-heads !!!

It lives !!! Freya is finally alive on the website !!!

Be still my heart. It is so pretty !!!

A question(s) for the Schiit guys:
do the single ended and the balanced outputs work simultaneously? Can you control volume for 2 amps
at the same time ? Also are the balanced outputs -6db ?

Bests

JL

Dec 25, 2016 at 5:36 PM Post #15,576 of 150,085
I got the Fulla 2 on its launch day, I mainly use it for PC, tried to use it with Android recently, doesn't work, contacted for a replacement unit, and they said since I was out of the 15 day return period no cigar... lol  sometimes its best to go with chinese companies I guess, at least Amazon, etc I have less of a risk with. oh well, not a huge deal since I use it on PC 24/7 anyway

Dec 25, 2016 at 5:47 PM Post #15,577 of 150,085
I got the Fulla 2 on its launch day, I mainly use it for PC, tried to use it with Android recently, doesn't work, contacted for a replacement unit, and they said since I was out of the 15 day return period no cigar... lol  sometimes its best to go with chinese companies I guess, at least Amazon, etc I have less of a risk with. oh well, not a huge deal since I use it on PC 24/7 anyway

Sure your phone supports USB audio?

Might be your phone as well. I had problems connecting my phone to a mojo but it worked flawlessly with a modi2u. Had to borrow a phone to audition some cans with the mojo..

Dec 25, 2016 at 5:56 PM Post #15,578 of 150,085
Sure your phone supports USB audio?

Might be your phone as well. I had problems connecting my phone to a mojo but it worked flawlessly with a modi2u. Had to borrow a phone to audition some cans with the mojo..

Good thinking, I will give it a shot with a few other phones and get a better answer ^^  I also own a Fiio K1, so I can test it that way as well.

Dec 25, 2016 at 7:51 PM Post #15,579 of 150,085
From the user manual: "IN NORSE MYTHOLOGY, FREYA IS A GODDESS ASSOCIATED WITH LOVE, sex, beauty, fertility, gold, seir,war, and death."

It's interesting that war and death are both associated with feminine characteristics. It's a known historical fact that most Conquerors (Genghis, Kublai, Attila) were mainly in it for the sexual conquests.

Seir must mean immortality.

Enchantment works, too.

Dec 25, 2016 at 8:02 PM Post #15,580 of 150,085
Freya accidentally fell in the shopping cart. I was trying to delete it and hit submit instead. What a travesty. Actually was playing music through the 2 channel rig yesterday and got tired of adjusting the volume on the Valhalla 2. Freya has been in the master plan since its announcement.  

Dec 25, 2016 at 8:24 PM Post #15,582 of 150,085
It's interesting that war and death are both associated with feminine characteristics. It's a known historical fact that most Conquerors (Genghis, Kublai, Attila) were mainly in it for the sexual conquests.

Seir must mean immortality.

Enchantment works, too.

Seid means magic :wink:

Dec 25, 2016 at 9:26 PM Post #15,583 of 150,085
I was considering the same set-up (Freya/356 BEE) which speakers do you have?

I have Legacy Classics. They are 4ohm, 4-way bi-pole speakers. Frequency response is 22hz to 30k. In their day they were fantastic. Once I get Vidars (I have Yggy and Freya is ordered) the speakers will be the weak link. The NAD is a very clean integrated, I don't have many issues with it so I think the Freya and 356BEE is a smart combo. Even with a 4ohm pair of speakers I have never found myself going past 50% volume.

Dec 25, 2016 at 9:27 PM Post #15,584 of 150,085
Freya accidentally fell in the shopping cart. I was trying to delete it and hit submit instead. What a travesty. Actually was playing music through the 2 channel rig yesterday and got tired of adjusting the volume on the Valhalla 2. Freya has been in the master plan since its announcement.  

Very exciting- welcome to the club!

Dec 25, 2016 at 9:41 PM Post #15,585 of 150,085

Try USB audio player pro

Users who are viewing this thread

Back