Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Dec 13, 2016 at 7:10 PM Post #14,971 of 150,435
Speak for yourself.

My fiancé uses a Modi 2 Uber, my old first gen Asgard and a 250Ohm set of Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro's, and quite enjoys the setup
tongue.gif

Oh, my wife enjoys the listening to well-reproduced music fine, she has a better ear than me after all, but she still thinks I'm a bit batty about the gear.

Dec 13, 2016 at 7:41 PM Post #14,974 of 150,435
I would never lay claim that vinyl is "better" but I have yet to see any one running down the street carrying a MicroSD and shouting to their friends, "The new BEATLES download is HERE!" 

I've never seen anyone running down the street shouting about music. (And if I did, I'd probably cross the street :p )

Dec 13, 2016 at 7:46 PM Post #14,976 of 150,435
  Amazing to think that this thread will soon reach a thousand pages of Schiit. Hopefully everything will still be good in another thousand. I doff my cap to you Jason Stoddard, Mike Moffat and to all of the hearty pirate crew of Schiit Audio. ARRRRRRR!

By way of "credentials," I set up and ran a computer bulletin board on a dedicated PC back in the early 90s, when dial-up was still the best thing going, 9600-baud modems were high-performance and expensive, and the www was just getting started. 

IMO, this is The Greatest Thread of All Time. Very entertaining.Always worth reading. 

Dec 13, 2016 at 7:48 PM Post #14,977 of 150,435
  Amazing to think that this thread will soon reach a thousand pages of Schiit. Hopefully everything will still be good in another thousand. I doff my cap to you Jason Stoddard, Mike Moffat and to all of the hearty pirate crew of Schiit Audio. ARRRRRRR!

Word up.

Been busy last couple months and haven't been keeping up to date with Schiit unfortunately, glad to see the Fulla 2 has come out, definitely going to be buying one and giving it a try once it's in stock within the EU!

Speaking of the EU store, has there been word of a model update/upgrade to the Mjolnir 2 that I've somehow managed to miss? I've been pondering buying a second one to have in the living room because the wife's been sulking that such a beautiful and wonderful sounding unit is stuffed in my home office - checked Schiit-europe's stock and apparently they're currently out and the warning reads as such,

"OUT OF STOCK ALL MODELS UPDATE 01-12-16 NEW STOCK EXPECTED BEGINNING 2017"

Maybe I'm misinterpreting what's been wrote but what I gather from that statement is that there's some form of update being made to the MJ2 which will be available in the beginning of 2017, maybe they just mean update as in letting customers know what's up.

Dec 13, 2016 at 8:01 PM Post #14,978 of 150,435
biggrin.gif
Quote:
I've never seen anyone running down the street shouting about music. (And if I did, I'd probably cross the street
tongue.gif
)

I've seen and heard a few people while I've been in London shout out "The End Is Nigh". But never about The Beatles. 

​I am old, therefor I was actually alive when it was exciting to have a new album come out from a very popular group or vocalist.  Vinyl records and yes, even CDs are a tactile as well as aural experience.    Artwork and liner notes from records were admired and quoted.  Of course today's fArteests lyrics are easier to quote.  Kinda like an X rated version of Old McDonald - "With a mofo here and a mofo there.  Here a mo, there a fo, everywhere a mofo...'n' sheet".

Dec 13, 2016 at 8:15 PM Post #14,979 of 150,435

Word up.

Been busy last couple months and haven't been keeping up to date with Schiit unfortunately, glad to see the Fulla 2 has come out, definitely going to be buying one and giving it a try once it's in stock within the EU!

Speaking of the EU store, has there been word of a model update/upgrade to the Mjolnir 2 that I've somehow managed to miss? I've been pondering buying a second one to have in the living room because the wife's been sulking that such a beautiful and wonderful sounding unit is stuffed in my home office - checked Schiit-europe's stock and apparently they're currently out and the warning reads as such,

"OUT OF STOCK ALL MODELS UPDATE 01-12-16 NEW STOCK EXPECTED BEGINNING 2017"

Maybe I'm misinterpreting what's been wrote but what I gather from that statement is that there's some form of update being made to the MJ2 which will be available in the beginning of 2017, maybe they just mean update as in letting customers know what's up.

There's no update. They're just out of stock.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Dec 13, 2016 at 8:25 PM Post #14,981 of 150,435
There's no update. They're just out of stock.

Thank you for the timely response, Jason, I figured as much, just thought I'd ask on the off-chance there may be something else going on. I appreciate the confirmation.

Think I'll snag one once their stock's back, told myself I'd hold back for a potential Valhalla 3 (or new OTL design in general) but I don't think I can help myself.

Dec 13, 2016 at 8:31 PM Post #14,982 of 150,435

Listening to this on my new Schiit Fulla 2 
L3000.gif

Wish I could say the same. If I've been a good boy the Electromod/Schiit.eu site will receive stock of the Fulla 2 in time for me to order it for Next Day delivery before the Christmas cutoff. But I don't think I've been a good boy. Plus there's a Royal Mail strike coming up last time I checked.

Dec 13, 2016 at 8:31 PM Post #14,983 of 150,435

Like watching the odometer rolling over in the old days where you could drive it until it rolled over to all 00000

Dec 13, 2016 at 8:34 PM Post #14,984 of 150,435
As others have said before me: It is the accessibility of Jason & Company that has me being a customer. I enjoy reading about product development and the pitfalls. I have a Fulla 2 but I know at 1 time it was a bag of crap because Jason told us in this thread. How many people trying to sell you something would say that. Hats off to you Jason for your honesty and I enjoy your style of writing

Dec 13, 2016 at 8:50 PM Post #14,985 of 150,435
Woot!!! Got my Fulla2 today!

Quickie Review:     Its brilliant.

Longer Review:     Ummm...Its brilliant and fun?

Details:    Here's the skinny,  if you're reading, you likely own Schiit gear.  You're also wondering if you need a Fulla2.   If you are on the fence, go for it.   
Its a crazy versatile new offering.   Ive had mine less than 5 hours and already enjoyed a bunch of tunes from my computer and ipod touch.
For such a low cost DAC/Amp combo,  im absolutely impressed with the sound quality.   It does what you want: makes your headphones sound
better...like they should...than driving off the source.   Its worth it alone for the sound.   The versatility of inputs/outputs and potential uses puts it over the top.

On deck i'll be checking it out with my Fiio X5 (line out) and Android phone (digital out).  Might also throw a low cost turntable at it.  Opportunities abound!

Thanks Jason...y'all rock the audio world!

Peace .n. Living in Stereo,

Three Toes of Fury

Users who are viewing this thread

Back