Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jul 7, 2016 at 12:20 PM Post #11,461 of 150,478
They already have little black plugs for stuffing in your holes. If you need something bigger... well I'm afraid I can't help you there.

Jul 7, 2016 at 12:38 PM Post #11,462 of 150,478
Yes, I am a terrible person. 

I planned on having a chapter up for you yesterday, but things got out of hand in prototyping again (another surprise--even for us--one you might see in August at the SchiitShow--in addition to what we've had planned.)

We'll see. It's definitely the fastest prototype we've ever turned--from the first conversation I had with Mike, to sending out the board, it took only 3.5 days. Add another month waiting for parts (like 3 custom transformers) and fixing some truly hilarious screwups (like the power switch being reversed, all transistors being reversed, wrong pinouts on one of the transformers, etc) and we have a working prototype. It's not quite fully sorted, but it's running.

So what is it? It's something I never expected we'd do. But recent developments in the industry make this new product a lot more interesting. Time will only tell if we'll unveil it in August (likely in pre-production form only...a hint that it does not replace anything in our line, nor compete with anything in our line) or if we're going to go into radio-silent mode and I'll be writing a chapter about how we decided not to do this product at all.

And this is on top of a whole bunch of new stuff, one of which we're hoping to announce next week. That's a fairly, ahem, *small* product, but I think it'll have a lot of impact beyond its size. You'll see. Soon.

And even if this doesn't make it to the SchiitShow, we will have something there we've been working on a long, long time. Its gestation period is almost as long as Ragnarok--the first prototype was laid out in late 2012, and a rough version was running in early 2013. Why such a long development cycle? Because this is something wholly new--from topology to concept--and we think it will really change the desktop landscape. But we've been wrong before. How it goes is entirely up to you.

And, finally, of course, we're in fast-track on getting the next amp prototype finalized. I think this one will be very close to what we'll run with. Maybe you'll see that at RMAF. In any case, you will see the preamps, since we've started ordering parts for them.

Beyond that, I have a few more tricks up my sleeve. We'll see how those go. As I mentioned, we're always working on more things than we're going to introduce. If they're interesting, affordable, fun, and serve a real need, they have a chance of becoming reality. If not, not so much.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Jul 7, 2016 at 1:24 PM Post #11,464 of 150,478
And, finally, of course, we're in fast-track on getting the next amp prototype finalized. I think this one will be very close to what we'll run with. Maybe you'll see that at RMAF. In any case, you will see the preamps, since we've started ordering parts for them.

This is an "on" year for me to attend RMAF (I go every other year, typically), and this has me excited. Nothing better than seeing new gear that I can actually afford.

Jul 7, 2016 at 1:31 PM Post #11,465 of 150,478
  [snip] In any case, you will see the preamps, since we've started ordering parts for them. [snip]

Hey Jason, thanks for the update! Any chance you can disclose input/output options for the preamp? I assume it will have at least one balanced input to take the signal from the Yggdrasil and one balanced output to go into the speaker amp in development. Will it have an additional balanced output and/or RCA outputs for users to hook into an outboard headphone amp? (Or should users running Yggy that plan to buy the speaker gear still also plan on using the Yggy's RCA outputs into their outboard headphone amps?)

Excited for next week!

Jul 7, 2016 at 1:59 PM Post #11,467 of 150,478
What a tease.

Pretty much what I was thinking. After reading through all of Jason's earlier chapters, I understand his desire to not make any kind of time commitments for what is on the Schiit horizon, but the extended foreplay is killing me. I'd like to just sign up to get an email when there is an actual product announcement. I was looking at the Cambridge Audio 851W power amp this morning, hoping that Schiit will produce something similar, but at nearly half the cost.

Jul 7, 2016 at 3:07 PM Post #11,468 of 150,478
  I planned on having a chapter up for you yesterday, but things got out of hand in prototyping again (another surprise--even for us--one you might see in August at the SchiitShow--in addition to what we've had planned.)

Things are getting exciting. Is there a date set for the SchiitShow in August? The calendar must be cleared in preparation for that date!

Jul 7, 2016 at 3:19 PM Post #11,469 of 150,478

Things are getting exciting. Is there a date set for the SchiitShow in August? The calendar must be cleared in preparation for that date!

Shooting for August 27.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Jul 7, 2016 at 3:43 PM Post #11,470 of 150,478
Just throw a Mani phono amp and a Ragnorok into one chassis and call it a Schiintegrated and sit back and be happy. Some remote action for those guys. Profit.

Jul 7, 2016 at 4:21 PM Post #11,472 of 150,478
Instead of writing another chapter on marketing, Jason is DOING marketing by hinting at all manner of glorious toys. 

Genius.

Sheer, unadulterated, Genius.

Jul 7, 2016 at 4:22 PM Post #11,473 of 150,478
  Instead of writing another chapter on marketing, Jason is DOING marketing by hinting at all manner of glorious toys. 

No schiit? 
biggrin.gif

Jul 7, 2016 at 6:23 PM Post #11,475 of 150,478
Did it really take you that long to figure out that this thread is 99.99% marketing ?!?!

Can confirm - bought all my Schiit after visiting this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back