Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Nov 27, 2015 at 1:55 PM Post #8,942 of 150,446
  For everyone who is wondering, I clarified our position on Black Friday on the site:

Hear, hear!  I have two siblings who work for REI, another retailer that has decided to step out of the Black Friday madness this year and it is great for them to be able to spend time with their families today. 

At this point, retailers that opt out of the Black Friday idiocy are much more likely to gain my brand loyalty than those that don't--especially if they give their employees the day off so that as many of them as possible can have a four day weekend with their families.

Nov 27, 2015 at 3:55 PM Post #8,943 of 150,446

... If there a reason why the DAC chips on the Bifrost are not the same as in the Gungnir?

I assume it is to have a logical price points for the dacs, correct?

Yes to your last sentence, question - different cost chips running at 16, 18, and 20 bits.

Bifrost Multibit is 16-bit (least expensive of the chips at 16-bit).
Gungnir Multibit is 19-bit (it is a mathematical aggregate of chips each running at 18-bit, which I do not fully understand).
Yggdrasil is 21-bit (same aggregate math, but here using the most expensive 20-bit chips).

Also space constraints, Yggdrasil and Gungnir Multibit use 4 mono DACs for balanced operation but Bifrost Multibit uses 1 stereo DAC, and as you can see on the Schiit site not much room left.

Nov 27, 2015 at 4:30 PM Post #8,944 of 150,446
Reuters is reporting that Black Friday is fizzling.

I stopped in for a Soft Taco at "the Bell" , the place was empty, Kroger is down about 10% so far today, Dollar Store Retailers are showing a slight up-tick.  Starbucks is brisk. 

I'd say Bricks & Mortar Retail is "Not" getting the "Bump" they were hoping for and counting on!

Gourmand Food outfits are getting Slammed.

The "Scrapbooking" outlets are also strong today.

It's a bad time ( last two decades ) to be in Retail.

I'm selling em Short. 

Tony in Michigan

Nov 27, 2015 at 5:53 PM Post #8,945 of 150,446
For everyone who is wondering, I clarified our position on Black Friday on the site:

Hey Jason, from France it can be misunderstood.
De france mes proches ont pris cela pour du cynisme commercial, je leur ai dit que cela est hors sujet. Attention au bad buzz...!

Nov 27, 2015 at 6:01 PM Post #8,946 of 150,446
My guess - given that it has filtering. Is that its not one, but lots of filters that allow you to configure them to give your headphones the perfect frequency response - similar to what Bob Katz did in software in his recent Inner-Fidelity tests with headphones. So you take the measured frequency response of your cans and put the figures into a configuration file and load that into REDACTED, which corrects them to the perfect response (cannot remember the name of the curve). Could conceivably be done for the current listening level if the sensitivity of the cans is also put in.

I did consider compensating for your own hearing. But concluded that this approach would be WRONG. It would sound unnatural to you because that is not how you hear the world.

No, I have not been smoking anything, or indulging in any sort of artificial stimulants.....

The Harman Target Response Curve is what you are thinking of.
Nice idea, but like you said, it's already being done in software, and any response adjustment box would still need software to work as suggested.

Nov 27, 2015 at 7:23 PM Post #8,947 of 150,446
It appears, in France, the word for irony exists but the practice doesn't.
blink.gif

Nov 27, 2015 at 9:34 PM Post #8,951 of 150,446

Wasn't Erhma Gherd one of those famous German sopranos? You know, weighed 300 pounds including the horned helmet and iron brassiere?

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/ermahgerd

Meanwhile, semi-on-topic, Schiit being closed on Black Friday means I have to wait until Monday to find out the status of my Schiit-y order.

...anticipation...

Nov 28, 2015 at 12:40 AM Post #8,955 of 150,446
Impressive, but I believe that Cards Against Humanity Beat you again by doing a "Give Cards Against Humanity $5 Sale". Looks like it's down now, and we'll see what they do with that money later.

Those capitalist pigs selling nothing for something. We got more morals than that.

Plus then people will expect some grandiose feat such as buying an island or something, that's just a hassle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back