Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Dec 25, 2014 at 7:48 AM Post #4,501 of 150,783
I'm gonna call it now: Schitt speakers.

Dec 25, 2014 at 8:32 AM Post #4,503 of 150,783
For the 3 mysteries, i'm totally guessing, but here goes:
1.) usb->spdif or aes/ebu converter. Been done by others, but considering what the wyrd can do (specially for the price) this should be interesting and importantly compatible with some of their current products. May be i2s out also.
2.) may be a sonore rendu type device. Basically ethernet -> dac out or even ethernet->spdif.
3.) power amplifier, using you schiit headphone amp as a pre-amp stage, schiit has kindly provided pre-outs for a few current amps. This will sort of create a mini-ragamarok.

Or i may to hopelessly wrong :)

Dec 25, 2014 at 9:40 AM Post #4,506 of 150,783
For the 3 mysteries, i'm totally guessing, but here goes:
1.) usb->spdif or aes/ebu converter. Been done by others, but considering what the wyrd can do (specially for the price) this should be interesting and importantly compatible with some of their current products. May be i2s out also.
2.) may be a sonore rendu type device. Basically ethernet -> dac out or even ethernet->spdif.
3.) power amplifier, using you schiit headphone amp as a pre-amp stage, schiit has kindly provided pre-outs for a few current amps. This will sort of create a mini-ragamarok.

Or i may to hopelessly wrong :)

Perhaps said power amp will sport gain switch and headphone out.

Dec 25, 2014 at 1:03 PM Post #4,508 of 150,783
  Speakers make sense given Jason's background. And it's totally unexpected. At least I find speakers more plausible than iems or headphones.

Speakers don't make sense. They're very expensive to develop and given the competition, very hard to differentiate.

Dec 25, 2014 at 1:18 PM Post #4,509 of 150,783

Speakers don't make sense. They're very expensive to develop and given the competition, very hard to differentiate.

Well Jason did mention that they will be releasing something totally unexpected. And out of all the unexpected possibilities, speakers make the most sense to me.

Again, Jason did use to own a speakers company, so at least he has the experience and know-how. And you can argue that at one point in history, DACs were "expensive to develop and given the competition, very hard to differentiate".

Dec 25, 2014 at 1:26 PM Post #4,510 of 150,783
  Well Jason did mention that they will be releasing something totally unexpected. And out of all the unexpected possibilities, speakers make the most sense to me.

Again, Jason did use to own a speakers company, so at least he has the experience and know-how. And you can argue that at one point in history, DACs were "expensive to develop and given the competition, very hard to differentiate".

I think Jason also mentioned that they are not going to develop any transducing devices like speakers or headphones as it's a whole different world.

Dec 25, 2014 at 1:27 PM Post #4,511 of 150,783
The "unexpected release" will be Jason's reboot of the "Twilight" novel series, with "Twilight - The Awakening". It will be an origin story, which is quite an original idea.
Unfortunately, it will forever be known as a Schiit Book.

The movie version stars Moffat as a fatherly wizard, but after the unfortunate public stoning incident following the delay in Yggy's release, his role will be played by Michael Gambon in the sequel ...

To think ... Jason doesn't believe in DSD, but he still believes in vampires and the ineffable ability of teenage love to conquer all ... pfhht !!

Dec 25, 2014 at 3:38 PM Post #4,512 of 150,783
I think a webseries wherein a camera follows Mike around as he yells at people could be amusing. Granted, as "reality" tv goes it will actually be semi-rigged as we send in the occasional pawns to ask him about his thoughts on DSD etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back