Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Aug 20, 2014 at 11:33 PM Post #2,281 of 153,311
This parts getting fascinating now. I can see Jason's point here about what he shared with us about Raggy, (talking about it too much), BUT it also played back into his hand, look at all the interest here, and the pressure to DELIVER!! it better be something special and so far so good, Right? It better work too. Jason is going to sell a lot of these because of his blunders both with us and in shop, why? because it makes a good story, doesn't it.

It shows a wise and confident man to expose his weakness and folly's, so other men and learn and use that for their own good. 

Aug 21, 2014 at 2:53 AM Post #2,282 of 153,311
  when you hit acrylic it does not resonate at the same frequency as say glass and therefore it does not transmit vibrations in fact it absorbs energy instead.

as you can see small table lowish cost very little mass to the table and has been shaped for optimal SQ too.
and you can say subjective crap and thats fine. however, for me it works

Nice Bitfenix Prodigy case you have there for your music server. I got mine in white. Does the flashing blue LED activity light drive you crazy? Mine lights up the entire room unless I remember to lean a book against it or something. It probably lights up the acrylic stands nicely, though...

Aug 21, 2014 at 3:04 AM Post #2,283 of 153,311
the Tubes on the preamp are much brighter + I am in Dubai so Bling is King 
atsmile.gif
(so if the equipment is cost effective then you need flashing LEDs)

Aug 21, 2014 at 3:14 AM Post #2,284 of 153,311
Actually Jason, I've been through the numbers*, and it is still cheaper for me as a Swiss** citizen to buy directly from you, instead of ordering anywhere in Europe. (I haven't seen a Swiss dealer on your site.)

* My calculations included the US, France, and the UK. Incl. shipping, VAT, customs etc.
** VAT in Switzerland is 8%

Aug 21, 2014 at 3:36 AM Post #2,285 of 153,311
Today was the first time I read this and I have to say Jason you could be a writer. I was hooked the whole time, other than that I am glad you were able to finish the Rag. I hope we can see you at the next SoCal meet.

Andre

Aug 21, 2014 at 4:19 AM Post #2,286 of 153,311
Today was the first time I read this and I have to say Jason you could be a writer. I was hooked the whole time, other than that I am glad you were able to finish the Rag. I hope we can see you at the next SoCal meet.

Andre

He was/is a writer actually 
redface.gif

Aug 21, 2014 at 4:21 AM Post #2,287 of 153,311
Id like a 5.1 DAC form schiit :D.

Aug 21, 2014 at 4:50 AM Post #2,289 of 153,311
Acrylic is for dilettantes and lightweights who sing in counter-tenor or lyric soprano ranges.  Proper audiophiles, who sing in basso profundo or contralto ranges prefer surface plates, with a minimum size of 24" x 36" x 3".  Please!
May I suggest Standridge Granite out of Santa Fe Springs. It's who I buy all of the surface plates from, for the engineering/machining company I work for. Great prices because they sell directly to the public. (Sounds a little familiar.)

Aug 21, 2014 at 5:52 AM Post #2,292 of 153,311
May I suggest Standridge Granite out of Santa Fe Springs. It's who I buy all of the surface plates from, for the engineering/machining company I work for. Great prices because they sell directly to the public. (Sounds a little familiar.)

atsmile.gif
 not sure might be a little pricy to ship to Dubai i will stick to the lightweight acrylic 

Aug 21, 2014 at 7:18 AM Post #2,294 of 153,311
http://strangeandhappy.com/

I shall go obtain his novel too. I love a good science fiction story. Thanks for the heads up:).

Aug 21, 2014 at 8:02 AM Post #2,295 of 153,311

Much of it, yes. When you add $30 shipping and 20% VAT onto a $100 item, it starts looking a lot like distro prices. However, we're working on that, and I expect, in Europe at least, that you'll see much more attractive prices, with a local service center. Same as US? No. Significantly less than buying and shipping from us? Yes. 

Asia is a much more fragmented situation...still thinking on that challenge.

Looking forward to that, paid 80 $ shipping + 175 $ customs for a valhalla 2, modi and a sys. Was a pain in the bum to say the least :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back