Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Mar 23, 2024 at 5:48 PM Post #144,796 of 151,194
That reminds me of the roadshow kit @Jason Stoddard was putting together.
Is that still a thing?

I vote we have Burning SchiitMan at @sixergixer distillery....
Come in time for our first distillery concert of the past year towards the end of June. UB40 is playing!

*We are, indeed, a concert venue. Block off our long skinny parking lot with a portable stage and let bands rip! It's all promoted and supported through our local radio station conglomerate and we've featured The Dandy Warhols, Floater, Tyler Childers, Margo Price, other big country artists I don't care about, and a whole bunch more.

Mar 23, 2024 at 5:54 PM Post #144,798 of 151,194
OMG!!! I signed up for Qobuz and am listening to this. If you are into jazz and want an exceptional music experience you must listen. I'm working the Yggy, MJ3 and the MEze Empyrean IIs and it is magic. And from 1971. Like a visitor from the dead.
It's awesome! I listened to half of it last night. It has moments of fuzziness that's baked into the live recording, but otherwise a great sounding album. Wonderful, soul-stirring performances, too!

Mar 23, 2024 at 5:58 PM Post #144,799 of 151,194
Bought my last SACD for the DSD tracks. No more.

While I love my Denon DVD3910 and I've kept it as my CD player because of SACD playback, since getting Yggy, I cannot listen to the Denon imbedded DAC. It sounds thin, harsh, and dull by comparison. I used to love listening to SACD via the Denon and it was awesome (I thought), but Redbook CD via Yggy just smoked it! Yggy has spoiled me irreparably.

I see an Urd in my future. 😒
I hope that you buy the Urd today. Why? To get even with you posting the lyrics of the Who's "Squeeze Box" afew days ago---still cannot flush that song out of my head, Ripper!
P. S. I have an Urd, it sounds great, you will love it, and make @bcowen jealous.

Mar 23, 2024 at 6:06 PM Post #144,800 of 151,194
The Mercury recording is superb. A great work by Wilma Cozart, producer, and Robert Fine, engineer. Cannons are real, recorded at US Military Academy, West Point. If I remember correctly, the cannon used was made in Douay, France in the 1700s.
Is it not amazing that I can recall these useless facts, but cannot tell you what I had for breakfast two days ago?

Mar 23, 2024 at 6:20 PM Post #144,801 of 151,194
They are still a thing. IIRC, all @sixergixer needs to do is contact Denise at Schiit to get the ball rolling.

Reminds me I dropped the ball on gauging interest for a central Florida (east coast meet).
So us west coast Floridians aren't invited? LOL, just joking. I'd make the drive if the day/time works out.

Leo

Mar 23, 2024 at 6:26 PM Post #144,803 of 151,194
Well, I am in Canada, and I do love a good scotch whisky... 😉😉
A Canadian Scotch drinker!

Final assembly tomorrow, the top piece is removable to allow for a Vali. Tomorrow I also hope to carve out a portion of a flight board for um, recreational use?🤪
that is so good brother

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2024 at 6:32 PM Post #144,806 of 151,194
WOW!

Bass, Modius E, Vali 2 ++, WE 396A, D8000 Pros....
Not my cup of usual tea, but it took me by surprise..
Like a BladeRunner musical score...

https://open.qobuz.com/track/193958190

Yggy OG1
Flux Mentor @ 11w
He1000 Stealth

Checking in! This sounds incredible, especially the airy yet full treble.
sounds incredibly holographic.
All the way throughout the entire spectrum. I am in love with the linearity of this chain!

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2024 at 6:32 PM Post #144,807 of 151,194
Last edited:
Mar 23, 2024 at 6:38 PM Post #144,808 of 151,194
My financial guy said I should plan on departing at 70 before the rest of my money did. 🤣
DANGER: HERESEY ALERT!
Just sell your tube hoard.

A sophisticated hoarder collector does not sell their hoard collection to support the mere whims of financial existence. Finances exist to support the hoard collection. 🤣

Mar 23, 2024 at 6:42 PM Post #144,810 of 151,194
Thought you had picked up an OG A2?

Regardless, awesome DAC!!
dude, i wish. tried finding a board for sale and thought i had one but the guy reneged.
At any rate can't miss what you never had lol, and this is very good. A step up to my ears from Gumby A2, which I did love as well.
Certainly feels like a helluva bargain for the $1195 I paid.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back