Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Mar 8, 2024 at 10:18 PM Post #142,397 of 155,125
I suggest you find a corner dealer, and become addicted to drugs. In the end, it's cheaper.
The problem isn't the drugs, it's the lack of purity. That's why there are so many overdoses and such. Just like prohibition of alcohol, when poisonings were common as it was cut with turpentine and the like. Many addicts buy their opiods legally from a drug clinic. No problem with overdoses because they know the dose. No problems with crime because the cost is no more than a two pack a day cigarette habit.

Not to turn this thread into a West Wing meme, but I'm having issues with boxes. Way too many. Yet, with so much Schiit I don't want to dispose of these.

What do you do when the boxes have you cornered?

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2024 at 10:58 PM Post #142,400 of 155,125
.... Some people even chill red wine. You suggest that to someone French and they will shudder.
Come on! You don't have this
670B6674-2035-41C4-904C-63D23BD395A3.jpeg
in the 'fridge? 😳

Mar 8, 2024 at 11:03 PM Post #142,401 of 155,125
My infatuation with Aegir 2 is blossoming into full-blown love. Not prepared to say much more yet as I want to make sure it is not just the tequila, but while 2x GHorns are splendidly good, Aegir 2 takes it up a notch with its incisiveness, air, bass punch, extension and control, all while doing so in a seemingly effortless fashion.

While I've not heard Tyr, my general impression of Aegir 2 seems to follow what a lot of folks are saying about their Tyr amps but to a lesser extent, I'm sure. Jason states they borrowed several things learned from Tyr and applied it to Aegir 2, so I'm inclined to believe that there's a bit of Tyr DNA shining through. :wink:

More tomorrow.

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2024 at 11:07 PM Post #142,402 of 155,125
Aren't most French cellars around 58 degrees F (the average temp of the earth 8 feet down in temperate climates)? Red wine shouldn't be served at room temp, when room temp is 72 degrees F.
My wine fridge chills to 55 degrees which is optimal temp, IMHO.

** I prefer my Cheerwine a bit colder. :D

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2024 at 11:09 PM Post #142,403 of 155,125
So, that depends. If you get a lager it will be cold, as will Guinness. Real ales and best Bitters are best drunk cellar cool, you will actually get more flavour that way. If it's a hot day, you get a cold lager. But it is the UK, not so many hot days.

Even after living here for over a decade, I'm still unconvinced by the American obsession with always having everything ice cold to the point you can't taste it. Some people even chill red wine. You suggest that to someone French and they will shudder.
Yes, but as I explain to people, “room temp” for red wine really means, “room temp in the basement of a 16th Century Château.”

Mar 8, 2024 at 11:26 PM Post #142,404 of 155,125
I actually find 55 degrees a little too cold for a good Napa Cab. I much prefer 56 degrees which is what my wine fridge is set at.

Too bad Ripper never had an Aegir OG so he could do a proper comparison. Still, it is nice to hear that the new Aegir still sound fabulous.

Mar 9, 2024 at 12:44 AM Post #142,406 of 155,125
The problem isn't the drugs, it's the lack of purity. That's why there are so many overdoses and such. Just like prohibition of alcohol, when poisonings were common as it was cut with turpentine and the like. Many addicts buy their opiods legally from a drug clinic. No problem with overdoses because they know the dose. No problems with crime because the cost is no more than a two pack a day cigarette habit.

Not to turn this thread into a West Wing meme, but I'm having issues with boxes. Way too many. Yet, with so much Schiit I don't want to dispose of these.

Poor analogy. I meant that one would be better off (monetarily) taking on a drug addiction, than an addiction to stereo tubes, and ancillary stereo equipment upgrades.

Not sorry, I'm enjoying the replies.

Mar 9, 2024 at 1:01 AM Post #142,407 of 155,125

Call @bcowen , of course!

Mar 9, 2024 at 1:33 AM Post #142,408 of 155,125
Mar 9, 2024 at 1:52 AM Post #142,409 of 155,125
It's quiet 'round here on a Friday night. But it sure ain't quiet in my ears or on my palate!🤘🏻

IMG_6734.jpeg

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2024 at 2:28 AM Post #142,410 of 155,125

Users who are viewing this thread

Back