Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Mar 5, 2024 at 4:34 PM Post #142,036 of 151,658
you'll have to talk to the main maestro - @bcowen this is his masterpiece!

i'm sure once he does it, it will look something like this:

1709670792440_blue.jpg
ROFL! Love it. These available on Ebay? 🤣

Mar 5, 2024 at 4:36 PM Post #142,037 of 151,658
I highly recommend not delaying taking a cat, especially a male cat to a vet if they have urinary issues. I lost Sunshine to a urinary blockage circa 1971; it took less that 36 hours. It discovered that the dry cat food of that era could cause then problem. A quick internet search shows that there is a confusing plethora of special cat food for this.
Sunshine was a big orange and white male cat, very friendly to humans. But got into cat fights. He liked eating cantaloupe. (I kid you not.)
I had a female cat (my only female cat ever) that got really sick. The only way we got her to start eating again was to feed her cantaloupe. Melons saved her life.

Mar 5, 2024 at 4:37 PM Post #142,038 of 151,658
ROFL! Love it. These available on Ebay? 🤣
i think bangybang and wege-high-tubes have them on sale for 1,000,000. Because its a Rare, NOS, Refurbished tube...lol.

Mar 5, 2024 at 4:50 PM Post #142,039 of 151,658
This happened again to me yesterday at work. I went to the Device Manager and saw the one USB error in the list. Right-clicked on it and picked "Update Driver". Picked "Browse my Computer...", then "Let me pick...". Selected what was shown and let it reinstall. It's now working again...until it's not. I'm using Win10.
It could simply be the PC unable to manage its resources or power management of USB devices very well. However, it's worth looking at the driver properties and turning off any power-saving settings. Also, check the power management in control panel. Turn off sleep mode and check advanced settings in power management for USB devices. On rare occasions, I've also encountered faulty cables or sockets with intermittent connection issues.

Mar 5, 2024 at 4:59 PM Post #142,040 of 151,658
Y'alls tubes have had me and my son cracking tf up today./

packin heat

Mar 5, 2024 at 5:28 PM Post #142,042 of 151,658
yep, northwest arkansas
It appears that we have no sales outlet in Arkansas. But, I have heard from our marketing manager that we are in the process of setting up an online purchasing outlet for our spirits to the states that allow it. It could be a couple weeks out or a couple months - always hard to know with these kinds of things. Shipping alcohol is a deucedly complicated business.

At any rate, something to look forward to for folks wanting to try some Oregon Spirit stuff! 😃

Mar 5, 2024 at 5:33 PM Post #142,043 of 151,658
you'll have to talk to the main maestro - @bcowen this is his masterpiece!

i'm sure once he does it, it will look something like this:

1709670792440_blue.jpg
Bangy Bang & Bcowen collaboration! :hushed: :laughing:

Mar 5, 2024 at 5:34 PM Post #142,044 of 151,658
i think bangybang and wege-high-tubes have them on sale for 1,000,000. Because its a Rare, NOS, Refurbished tube...lol.
Haha. I was beat to the punch...

Mar 5, 2024 at 5:35 PM Post #142,045 of 151,658
What a beautiful pair of Blenheims! Wonderful you got 14 years; we pray we’ll get that, or close, with Bismarck. Breed’s not as health-challenged as boxers or such like, but hitting up at 10 or above is challenging sometimes.
Ty, I miss them both. Whatever time we have enjoy the heck out of it!

Mar 5, 2024 at 6:10 PM Post #142,047 of 151,658
Got my Aegir 2 today!

And I tried it out in my basement system, which normally looks like this:

Raspberry Pi running Ropieee -> Schiit Eitr -> Adcom GDA-600 -> Schiit Lokius -> Schiit Freya N -> Yamaha B2 -> Yamaha NS-1000M

All the vintage components in that chain were substantially rebuilt be me.

So, the Aegir replaced the B2 for a test session. And here's my impression:

I'll say I was quite impressed by the sound quality coming from the Aegir. The midrange is definitely up there with the best I've heard. Treble is great. Bass is also good, but deteriorates quickly as the Aegir approaches its maximum, which leads to my main point: I was a bit surprised how easy it is to throw the Aegir into protection. The NS-1000Ms are 90dB sensitive. Normally when I work out in my basement the VU meters on the B2 show 10W average, but the bass peaks will sometimes make them bounce up to 30W or even 50W. With similar loudness, the Aegir was never far away from protection mode. With the tubes engaged on the Freya N and the volume control around 2:00, the Aegir would go into protection every time.

So, for me, unfortunately a single Aegir isn't suitable for either my basement system or my family room system (same setup as above, except with a Yggdrasil+ and a Loki Max). The Aegir will replace a G-Horn and do its duty in my office system, which is where it was intended to go.

However, I am impressed enough with the Aegir 2 that now I'm wondering how good they would sound as mono blocks! 100W would do it. Maybe one day....

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2024 at 6:17 PM Post #142,048 of 151,658
Got my Aegir 2 today!

Raspberry Pi running Ropieee -> Schiit Eitr -> Adcom GDA-600 -> Schiit Lokius -> Schiit Freya N -> Yamaha B2 -> Yamaha NS-1000M

I'll say I was quite impressed by the sound quality coming from the Aegir. The midrange is definitely up there with the best I've heard. Treble is great. Bass is also good, but deteriorates quickly as the Aegir approaches its maximum, which leads to my main point: I was a bit surprised how easy it is to throw the Aegir into protection. The NS-1000Ms are 90dB sensitive. Normally when I work out in my basement the VU meters on the B2 show 10W average, but the bass peaks will sometimes make them bounce up to 30W or even 50W. With similar loudness, the Aegir was never far away from protection mode. With the tubes engaged on the Freya N and the volume control around 2:00, the Aegir would go into protection every time.

So, for me, unfortunately a single Aegir isn't suitable for either my basement system or my family room system (same setup as above, except with a Yggdrasil+ and a Loki Max). The Aegir will replace a G-Horn and do its duty in my office system, which is where it was intended to go.

However, I am impressed enough with the Aegir 2 that now I'm wondering how good they would sound as mono blocks! 100W would do it. Maybe one day....
Maybe it's Tyr-Time for you.

Mar 5, 2024 at 6:18 PM Post #142,049 of 151,658
Got my Aegir 2 today!

The next step is to get yourself a couple of Tyrs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back