Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Feb 19, 2024 at 3:40 PM Post #140,071 of 155,141
So my current setup is as follows.
I have 2 amplifiers.
1. Asgard 1 used for Single ended audio
2. Magnius used for balanced audio
Dac is Modius
Speakers are Mackie powered studio monitors
I have 3 sets of headphones listed in order of how often I use them.
1. Focal Clear MG
2. Beyerdynamic dt1990
3. Audeze LCD 2

So I am considering replacing all the amps/dac with a Schiit Ragnarok 2 Fully loaded, and then eventually using that to power speakers when I get rid of the mackies.
But my main concern is if the dac and headphone section will be considerably better than my current setup. What are everyones thoughts? I am a bit scared of how much power it puts to headphones.
You'll notice the biggest improvement going from the DS to Multibit.

As for the amplification, the Asgard 1 is a unique amp with a unique sound. There is no reason to think the Rag 2 will be any way inferior to your setup. None of your headphones require huge power nor is the Rag 2 SE going to be too much for any of them. I wouldn't run the Clear balanced personally since they are pretty efficient. The LCD 2 and Beyerdynamic could use the extra juice of balanced, but would be more than adequate off the Rag 2 SE.

If you have the funds and the desire, get the Rag 2. You'll unlikely be disappointed.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2024 at 3:46 PM Post #140,073 of 155,141
Feb 19, 2024 at 3:50 PM Post #140,074 of 155,141
Fun Youtube channel regarding Rotary Engines, including a 12 Rotor Prototype :L3000:
https://www.youtube.com/user/emerciv
A 12 rotor. The mind boggles. If you can get 2k HP out of 4 rotors you're already at the point you can't covert it all into forward motion (in a street-legal car). Still, there's nothing like excess. I sure love it. 🤣

This billet is a really cool idea, even though it has to cost a purple fortune. Seal failure between the rotor housings is one of the two main causes of demise in Mazda's rotaries, and this eliminates that problem entirely.

1708375296084.png

Feb 19, 2024 at 3:52 PM Post #140,075 of 155,141
Your choice,
If you were not in a rush I could build you quality cables at cost, if I had not just sent you something they would be free😉 Now I must get back to work, I am trying out a cutting/charcuterie board I just built. Work,work,work!IMG_7372.jpeg
The board is nice (as usual), but what's on it looks pretty darn nice too. Now I'm hungry. 🤣

Feb 19, 2024 at 3:52 PM Post #140,076 of 155,141
If you have the funds and the desire, get the Rag 2. You'll unlikely be disappointed.
@shortyg83 There's a silver Fully Loaded in B-Stock right now that I'd be jumping all over if I were you. If you've got a 115V requirement, that is.

Feb 19, 2024 at 5:16 PM Post #140,079 of 155,141
I need a 12a_7 to improve my mood after the made to order, unreturnable and unsellable $x00 interconnect has the wrong part and seems to have some loose connection, to the point it is going into a shelf never to be used again.

Any suggestions?

Feb 19, 2024 at 5:23 PM Post #140,080 of 155,141
Feb 19, 2024 at 5:26 PM Post #140,081 of 155,141
Your choice,
If you were not in a rush I could build you quality cables at cost, if I had not just sent you something they would be free😉 Now I must get back to work, I am trying out a cutting/charcuterie board I just built. Work,work,work!IMG_7372.jpeg
Gorgeous, as always!

Feb 19, 2024 at 5:59 PM Post #140,082 of 155,141
I totally TOTALLY get it. While I didn't change careers, last year I left my employer of 13 years after negotiating the severance package that I wanted. The small firm I started with all those years ago was eventually acquired and grew to ~600 people via more acquisitions, then we were acquired 3 years ago by a 60,000 person multinational. Over the last year before I left they got rid of most of the management at all layers of our division and parachuted in their own execs who proceeded to start dismantling all the good things that were left. The layers of bureaucracy, odd decisions, unhappy customers, VP's clawing to achieve "ego targets" for bragging rights/bonuses at the expense of the people who actually do the work... 🤮

I'm now #3 (with the 2 owners at the top) with a feisty 14 person company with no aspirations to be acquired or to acquire with a group of dedicated long-time staff who actually care about our clients. I've gone from ~5 hours sleep per night to 7.5-8 hours, consistently. The owners live the work-life balance mantra and want us to do so as well and have set us all up for success there, and in other areas. I'm done with giant corporations, having worked for 3 of them over my career.
I just started a part time position while I learn the business (my choice) working with 2 people I have worked with before.

I'm still doing my day gig of teaching, but dealing with honest humans is enticing. I really want to build something fun and enriching.

Feb 19, 2024 at 6:17 PM Post #140,084 of 155,141
OK Texas BBQ people.. I'm in Austin for two nights. Best place to get BBQ? I'm staying near the airport, but willing to go into town....

(Just realized this is typed a bit snarky,.. just mean please point me to BBQ to die for)
Franklin's, but thats hard to get in at.
Ironwork's downtown is AWESOME.

Stubbs is also great.

My hometown. Definitely get brisket and if anybody has Beef Ribs (some dont do it every day of the week)... YUM
And Bacon Burnt Ends...

Feb 19, 2024 at 6:26 PM Post #140,085 of 155,141
The Austin airport is one of the few airports in the country that has more than one decent food joint.
There's also Waterloo Records in the terminal.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back