Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Feb 16, 2024 at 12:46 PM Post #139,726 of 155,081
Feb 16, 2024 at 1:20 PM Post #139,727 of 155,081
Hey all,

Just a quick announcement: Yggdrasil More is Better is now available as an upgrade. No, it's not inexpensive. Nor are the DACs. Enjoy!

With any luck, I should be able to announce Aegir 2 a bit early. Cross your fingers!

All the best,
Jason
Gumby 2 por favor

Feb 16, 2024 at 1:55 PM Post #139,728 of 155,081
Just tuned in to this station, via radio.garden.. They just mentioned the loss of Lisa again..

Living on the other side of our planet this news for a lot of us was 'just another shooting in the USA'.. Listening to, and reading about this makes the world a bit smaller somehow..
The news, whatever it is, is much like an onion (no ref to the fun folks at The Onion). You can read something about a far-off place, and then, when you start peeling the layers, you might find a connection to a hobby, a friend, or something else. Then it really gets granular and personal. Keeps us human, I think.

But your "just another shooting in the USA" was meaningful and poignant. And I'll stop there, but thank you for thinking…

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2024 at 1:56 PM Post #139,729 of 155,081
When I can FIND it, BT (regular) is my “daily bourbon”… I really love Wheated Bourbons as it turns out, so things like Weller, BT, Pappy (of course), Eagle Rare, Colonel Taylor are tend to float higher on my list…

The problem these days is FINDING the good stuffs… Unfortunately nowadays, my nearest Total Wine is a bit over an hour drive away…
Can I assume that you are a scotch drinker, or is the name for some other reason? Just curious. You like sour mash for sure. Just saying hi. Kyle

Feb 16, 2024 at 2:19 PM Post #139,730 of 155,081
Feb 16, 2024 at 2:21 PM Post #139,731 of 155,081
When I can FIND it, BT (regular) is my “daily bourbon”… I really love Wheated Bourbons as it turns out, so things like Weller, BT, Pappy (of course), Eagle Rare, Colonel Taylor are tend to float higher on my list…

The problem these days is FINDING the good stuffs… Unfortunately nowadays, my nearest Total Wine is a bit over an hour drive away…
BT is the 'open secret' that does indeed disappear at times, so I MIGHT have an extra under the bar. But the three that are always there are BT, Yellowstone select, and 1792 (in one form or another). everything else comes and goes, but at the moment, I've got a 10year Eagle Rare that I found at Costco that has grabbed my attention.

Here in central CA, i have that Total Wine problem, too. I can go north to Fresno (2 hours-ish), or south to Valencia (where Schiit is, 70 minutes).

Feb 16, 2024 at 2:23 PM Post #139,732 of 155,081
The news, whatever it is, is much like an onion (no ref to the fun folks at The Onion). You can read something about a far-off place, and then, when you start peeling the layers, you might find a connection to a hobby, a friend, or something else. Then it really gets granular and personal. Keeps us human, I think.

But your "just another shooting in the USA" was meaningful and poignant. And I'll stop there, but thank you for waking.
Very well said.

Any man’s death diminishes me….Donne

Feb 16, 2024 at 3:01 PM Post #139,733 of 155,081
That one is for Sir Cowen and I am making a slightly prettier one for myself. No sense spoiling the guy. :beerchug:
I have it on good authority that you can't make one prettier than mine. But watching you try will be fun. 🤣 🤣

Feb 16, 2024 at 3:08 PM Post #139,734 of 155,081
I have it on good authority that you can't make one prettier than mine. But watching you try will be fun. 🤣 🤣
Well yours is still in my possession, after I get done distressing it with a ball peen hammer I will let you be the judge. :ksc75smile: Worm holes you say? ok let me see if I can add those as well. :beerchug:

Feb 16, 2024 at 3:15 PM Post #139,736 of 155,081
I used to drink it when I was stationed in Texas back in the 70's and enjoyed it. Now this was when I was in my 20's and could put away some beer. I even visited the brewery in San Antonio and bought a t-shirt that I wore until it fell apart.
Hell yeah, brother.

...and thank you for your service!

Feb 16, 2024 at 3:25 PM Post #139,737 of 155,081
Thus the nervousa…

I dig, a lot, the MMB2. After I switched over to digital last night I listened to Sean Mason’s remarkable new Southern Suite contemporary jazz release while reading, and ultimately put the book down and just listened.

If I pay the asking price for the Bitfrost, plus upgraded card (installed by Schiit), I’m on the hook for $450 plus shipping costs. I can bring in a current Bitfrost plus shipping for $829 (I like silver), so the money equation is good, but is an OG Bitfrost MB, with unison, better than MMB2…(balanced is not currently an option/issue for me)….

What I do know for sure? Very into Sean Mason’s work. That record is real good.

I can just say - I will never get rid of my OG Bifrost MB. Beautiful device in all aspects,

Feb 16, 2024 at 3:25 PM Post #139,738 of 155,081
Well yours is still in my possession, after I get done distressing it with a ball peen hammer I will let you be the judge. :ksc75smile: Worm holes you say? ok let me see if I can add those as well. :beerchug:
Fine then. I trust your artistic abilities.

Just don't be using it to carry around a TX BBQ sandwich and a couple glasses of Lone Star. Please, I mean. 🤣

Feb 16, 2024 at 3:27 PM Post #139,739 of 155,081
Thus the nervousa…

I dig, a lot, the MMB2. After I switched over to digital last night I listened to Sean Mason’s remarkable new Southern Suite contemporary jazz release while reading, and ultimately put the book down and just listened.

If I pay the asking price for the Bitfrost, plus upgraded card (installed by Schiit), I’m on the hook for $450 plus shipping costs. I can bring in a current Bitfrost plus shipping for $829 (I like silver), so the money equation is good, but is an OG Bitfrost MB, with unison, better than MMB2…(balanced is not currently an option/issue for me)….

What I do know for sure? Very into Sean Mason’s work. That record is real good.

Schiit offered a few OG Bifrost Unison on closeout a couple of months ago for about the same price -- $399 plus shipping. I bought one, and it is worth that price to me.

How it compares to MMB2 I can't say, as I haven't heard one, but I will say that I feel its performance is right between MMB1 and Gumby. From reading reviews and comments about MMB2, my impression is that OG Bifrost probably doesn't match it for detail retrieval, but it sure has that natural, organic sound of Schmultibit.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2024 at 3:29 PM Post #139,740 of 155,081
I'll probably catch a bunch of schiit for this, but Lonestar is really not that bad. I don't know if they've changed their recipe or process recently, but it is much better than I recall it being 10-20 years ago. It ain't no fine craft beer, but there are far worse lagers out there.
I even imported a box of Lone Star to Sweden. Sometimes all you want is that lager. Cold. I wish I could get some Shiner Bock imported as well but that seems like a no-go 🤪

Users who are viewing this thread

Back