Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jan 29, 2024 at 1:01 PM Post #137,866 of 151,517
Guys, a small ask: can we try not to turn this thread into troubleshooting central? I mean, let me know if you can't get ahold of support, etc, but I'd really rather not have this be consumed by troubleshooting.

And yeah, I know, I need to post more. Maybe a chapter on Aegir 2 this week. Also some more new content soon. Just busy right now.
OK ~

Jan 29, 2024 at 1:18 PM Post #137,867 of 151,517
Guys, a small ask: can we try not to turn this thread into troubleshooting central? I mean, let me know if you can't get ahold of support, etc, but I'd really rather not have this be consumed by troubleshooting.

And yeah, I know, I need to post more. Maybe a chapter on Aegir 2 this week. Also some more new content soon. Just busy right now.
Jason,
Fair point--we have the schiit sine wave of content, but it *has* been a bit overly troubleshoot 'n test in here (myself included, talking about testing the switch mode power bricks for the Modius E), so I'm sure we can get more on topic lol.

My kingdom for another chapter soon, I tend to check for new chapters quite often, they are a highlight of this site for me.

Jan 29, 2024 at 1:35 PM Post #137,868 of 151,517
No splines? Sheeeez....you were pretty cheap back then. 🤣
Splines were not invented yet, things were tough back then, I believe we had to build our own transistors. :L3000:

Jan 29, 2024 at 3:43 PM Post #137,869 of 151,517
yeah, this is a common sight in houses selling for or worth $400-500k nowadays...it is what frightens me.
I can match that... {{{from our rental}}}...
don't let non-electricians diy wiring.jpg
...and the prior owner double-downed on spray insulation. Expanding foam. Cringe... inadequate R-value for our latitude (45 deg. N.).
bye bye heat, hello propane bill.jpg
...I'm only partially joking that I enjoy firing up my Lyr2, Valhalla2, and Vali2 to keep my HiFi nook warm. :triportsad:

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2024 at 3:46 PM Post #137,870 of 151,517
OMG! So, spray insulation cheap, wire nuts expensive in Canada? OTOH he did leave you some spare breakers…

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2024 at 3:52 PM Post #137,872 of 151,517
You're barbecuing much too soon. It must first be cultured with Penicillium roqueforti and aged in a Himalayan cave for seven months and four days. Time of aging is dependent on Jason's Law of Release Dates, of course. Then, and only then, should it be barbcued.
And served on Texas toast.

Jan 29, 2024 at 3:54 PM Post #137,873 of 151,517
I think Corpse Cables are nicely made and not crazy prices.
+100. Great service, solid quality, and a cool Corpse sticker comes with them, too. My HD6xx GraveDigger balanced cable is made with Cardas wire. Just beautifully done, and they sound... like nothing. <g>

Jan 29, 2024 at 4:02 PM Post #137,874 of 151,517
Jan 29, 2024 at 4:12 PM Post #137,876 of 151,517
I remember when we got our first car with an FM radio in it.
It was like a miracle ... no longer did the music go away when driving under an overpass! :)
..and now we're Back to the Future with satellite radio, and the music goes away when driving under an overpass.

Drive faster! But I still can't figure out why they can't buffer SXM for 5 seconds so that the under/overpass cut-out doesn't happen... ?

Jan 29, 2024 at 4:12 PM Post #137,877 of 151,517
So, interestingly, I found this in eBay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/276299732769

If it has Unison or Gen5 USB upgrades it will have a sticker showing that.

This is a multibit version, but it's shows the sticker by the USB: https://www.ebay.com/itm/325977945512
Eight hundred fifty bucks USD. If one has the gonads to bid lower, that might be a hell of a deal. I'd shy away from it, as I'd want to look at the unit, physically power it up, connect it to something like a Magni and my Chromebook to it, and then check it out.

I wonder if there's a demand for a database of all production numbers (serial numbers) for customers who want to buy used Schiit gear from 3rd parties? Not exact... just a range of numbers one can cross-reference. Serial numbers of units that had unsupported modifications. Recalls.

In fact, how robust is the used electronics market for pre-owned Schiit kit? Meh, idle curiosity on my part...

Jan 29, 2024 at 4:29 PM Post #137,878 of 151,517
don't let non-electricians diy wiring.jpg't let non-electricians diy wiring.jpg ...and the prior owner double-downed on spray insulation. Expanding foam. Cringe... inadequate R-value for our latitude (45 deg. N.).
bye bye heat, hello propane bill.jpg...I'm only partially joking that I enjoy firing up my Lyr2, Valhalla2, and Vali2 to keep my HiFi nook warm. :triportsad:

You've got multiple circuits. Sweet!

:ksc75smile:
JC

Jan 29, 2024 at 4:47 PM Post #137,879 of 151,517
don't let non-electricians diy wiring.jpg't let non-electricians diy wiring.jpg ...and the prior owner double-downed on spray insulation. Expanding foam. Cringe... inadequate R-value for our latitude (45 deg. N.).
bye bye heat, hello propane bill.jpg...I'm only partially joking that I enjoy firing up my Lyr2, Valhalla2, and Vali2 to keep my HiFi nook warm. :triportsad:
OMG!

I'm betting the same guy installed the outlets? 🤣

Electric.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back