Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Dec 2, 2023 at 4:09 PM Post #131,791 of 152,588
Does anyone else have Schiit going into their Crack?
:thinking:

For once, I think I'll let that little safety/censor switch between mind and keyboard do its job.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2023 at 4:11 PM Post #131,792 of 152,588
Way Off Topic (even for this thread) Warning:

Commercial pilots and air traffic controllers: I saw a news story about a near miss at an airport. Passenger liner was taking off, a cargo plane was following the passenger jet down the runway trying to land. Eventually the cargo plane pulled off and circled around again, so no crash. According to the news story, poor visibility (not evident in the video) was blamed for the near miss. Seems like a garbage explanation to me: even if it had been cloudy/ foggy, aren't instruments enough to keep that from happening if people are paying attention?

Just curious.
Is it this one?
http://avherald.com/h?article=504bc65b&opt=0

Dec 2, 2023 at 4:19 PM Post #131,793 of 152,588
What he said.
If I didn't already have one, I'd get one now.
Yummy sounding piece of kit and easily the purest tube experience you can get anywhere for under a grand.

1701545161614.jpeg
The problem isn’t that I don’t want a close out unit tube amp, I know it’s a great deal—at the moment I just don’t know where I would put it. I don’t have room at my listening station for it, Asgard 3 and Modius E are just wide enough to where I can’t comfortably get a Vallhalla 2 Modius E stack on the same shelf space without worrying about major heat issues in a tight space.

It also doesn’t have a place at my computer because I have my Hel+ there and don’t want a tube amp that my cat can get to… so the question is why I am so interested in Valhalla 3; since the product likely launches in 4-6 months or maybe more depending on part shortages etc, my brain views the time gap between now and launch as time to think about where I can move things around to accommodate what would be my first tube amp. So the time delay is why I am interested in Valhalla 3 and not purchasing a great deal on Valhalla 2. That said, people are getting a great deal on V2 in the meantime.

Dec 2, 2023 at 4:40 PM Post #131,795 of 152,588
I hate you all! (No I don't. Well, maybe a little.)

Thanks to several here I have caved and ordered an Yggy GS2 to replace the BF2 in my speaker rig. This is it. I don't care WTH Jason and team introduces -- I'm out! Done! Fini! No more gear for me...

... until I get my youngest daughter through nursing school. :smirk:

So... If anyone would like to buy a Valhalla 2 (with Foton tubes), OG Jot 1, Loki Mini (Silver), BF2 OG (Black or Silver), or a miniDSP DDRC-22D (Dirac) to help me offset the financial impact of my lack of will-power, ping me via DM. I'll give y'all first shot before posting in the 'for sale' section. :wink:

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2023 at 5:15 PM Post #131,797 of 152,588
... Does anyone else have Schiit going into their Crack?
Do you really want to ask that question that way?! :thinking:
Or, that might be a question for one of the doctors on the thread...

Dec 2, 2023 at 5:18 PM Post #131,798 of 152,588
I think the non-medical term for this phenomenon is called "prairie-dogging". :grimacing:

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2023 at 5:28 PM Post #131,799 of 152,588

Attachments

• IMG_9333.jpg
    IMG_9333.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Dec 2, 2023 at 5:41 PM Post #131,801 of 152,588
OK. I see that the Yggy GS2 is essentially the OG Yggy with AD5791 BRUZ DAC chips on the OG OG Analog 1 card wrapped in a new case and in my case, with a Unison USB. So, to those that have had an OG A1 and now have an OG A2 I ask -- what is the diff sonically? Just curious.

Dec 2, 2023 at 5:46 PM Post #131,802 of 152,588
Speaking of OTL headphone amps. Does anyone else have Schiit going into their Crack?
I think you have the sequence reversed. :smile:

Dec 2, 2023 at 5:50 PM Post #131,805 of 152,588
It also doesn’t have a place at my computer because I have my Hel+ there and don’t want a tube amp that my cat can get to… so the question is why I am so interested in Valhalla 3; since the product likely launches in 4-6 months or maybe more depending on part shortages etc, my brain views the time gap between now and launch as time to think about where I can move things around to accommodate what would be my first tube amp. So the time delay is why I am interested in Valhalla 3 and not purchasing a great deal on Valhalla 2. That said, people are getting a great deal on V2 in the meantime.
Felinevangr showed some curiosity with the (lower temp) input tubes up front, but then decided to get up close and personal with one of the 6N6P's. She only did it once. 🤣

Users who are viewing this thread

Back