Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Nov 13, 2023 at 3:34 PM Post #130,426 of 152,531
LMAO! There are several channels with programs alleged to be science based. History, Science , and Discovery channels come to mind. They'll do these 1 hour shows with 10 to 12 minute segments of something unusual or unexplained that in the end may or may not have a clear cut answer . Invariably the first couple of commenters on such an event imply something could be of an alien source. And that guy above with the gravity defying hairdo is one of the worst. He reminds me of
1699907741372.png

Watch those shows for comedic relief but "THE TRUTH IS NOT ON THEM".

Nov 13, 2023 at 3:55 PM Post #130,427 of 152,531
IMG_0639.jpeg

They live amongst us, and in some cases are our elected representatives in Parliament.

Nov 13, 2023 at 3:57 PM Post #130,428 of 152,531
The Senior Invaders even get to be PM!
IMG_0640.jpeg

Nov 13, 2023 at 4:19 PM Post #130,429 of 152,531
Nov 13, 2023 at 4:36 PM Post #130,431 of 152,531
Nov 13, 2023 at 4:36 PM Post #130,432 of 152,531
Bless you for posting this. Even though I've been here a long time I don't have time to post much. Because I don't post much the newer crowd would think me nuts if I posted what you just did! :) But not me, no sir.

So I live in Florida humidity. We also RV quite bit. In the RV is a bunch of Schiit. This happened twice in the low humidity in our trip to Tennessee last month. Like 30% humidity.

I touch the volume knob of Saga, relays click in Bifrost II......a slight discharge from my finger.....This happened last year in Texas.... thought it was the scotch!
Bunch of light weights.😁. Here in So Cal I went to adjust the volume on my Freya OG and gave it massive jolt. That required a return visit to Schiit Central as the resistive ladder was completely inoperable.

Nov 13, 2023 at 4:49 PM Post #130,433 of 152,531
A bit late to the party, but my contribution...

1699912130705.png

Nov 13, 2023 at 4:49 PM Post #130,434 of 152,531
So OK channels switched but… that does not explain that you say dead center in one and shifted in another. Please comment.
Well maybe it was a few degrees from dead center?
But the shift was noticeable.
From what appeared to be dead center to left of center.
I am open any other ideas or opinions of what really happened!
:>)
Alex

Nov 13, 2023 at 5:06 PM Post #130,435 of 152,531
Well maybe it was a few degrees from dead center?
But the shift was noticeable.
From what appeared to be dead center to left of center.
I am open any other ideas or opinions of what really happened!
:>)
Alex
So you actually found a lateral stage shift from one DAC to the other. Was it an actual stage presentation difference or an analog stage balance difference? This is an interesting question.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2023 at 5:29 PM Post #130,436 of 152,531
So you actually found a lateral shift from one DAC to the other. Was it a stage difference or an analog stage balance difference? This is an interesting question.
It seemed like a shift in the positioning of the singer.
It may have been exacerbated by the switch of the right/left being reversed on the output of the dac?
I will go back and retest with the same song with the correct cabling and see if I can detect any real shift.
I have surgery in the am so this might be a few days...

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2023 at 5:36 PM Post #130,437 of 152,531
It seemed like a shift in the positioning of the singer.
It may have been exacerbated by the switch of the right/left being reversed on the output of the dac?
I will go back and retest with the same song with the correct cabling and see if I can detect any real shift.
I have surgery in the am so this might be a few days...
Hope your surgery & recovery goes well

Nov 13, 2023 at 6:34 PM Post #130,438 of 152,531
Hey all,

I'm finally back from CanJam Dallas. A quick update before I get back to tech stuff:

1. Expect more details on Magni Unity shortly. We shouldn't be too far out from launch. Maybe next week.
2. Yeah, Mjolnir and Urd slipped. Both should be shipping shortly. Also maybe next week.
3. No sales this year, but we'll have closeouts. Older Magnis, etc. Also Aegir and Valhalla 2. Yes, there's an Aegir 2 coming. No, no details yet. Soon. Valhalla 3 I've hinted about quite a bit, and yeah there will be one eventually, but don't be surprised if it doesn't show for 4-6 months. Lots of moving parts at the moment.

That's about all I got. It's a crazy time right now. Just too many things to do before the end of the year. All good. I'll go over all in the end-of-the-year chapter.

All the best,
Jason

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Nov 13, 2023 at 7:30 PM Post #130,439 of 152,531
My main headphone stack is set up for streaming, but some of the recent conversations here and elsewhere around CD audio had me thinking. I still have a sizable CD collection that I haven't listened to in a while, and I can use my home theatre system to play them if I wanted to. But, most of my music listening is via headphones in my library in my favourite chair with a good read. I dug out my ASUS USB CD drive (yeah, I know) and plugged it into the Mac Mini and placed the David Sylvian/Robert Fripp collaboration CD "Damage" (Live, UK Edition) onto the tray.

It sounded good. Really good, though the drive is certainly not exactly the most electrically quiet CD player out there. It was enough for me to look around for what's available in my area in regard to a proper CD player. The Urd is not in the picture at the moment - it's double the price in Canadian dollars with all costs added together, but in the meantime I have a lead on a barely used and pristine Japanese-made Denon pro studio/broadcast CD player with a decent Burr-Brown DAC chip and balanced output. if I'm successful, it will be added to my main Schiit stack, connected to the Freya N.

In the meantime, tonight I'm listening to my Dark Side of the Moon, Twentieth Anniversary Edition CD (remastered in September 1992). It's been too long since I listened to this disc.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back