Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jun 4, 2023 at 6:17 AM Post #119,521 of 151,179
I just don't dig their dishonest operations

Years ago they had two blue wires looped on their harness... Several years later they changed the way readers interfaced with said harness... Long story short... Any car that had an aftermarket radio fried the harness.

Better still they blamed the 12v industry for their own stupidity.
My brother's '57 Oval Window Bug was soooo COOL! I think it was 6V with 36 horsepower. That was a slow car. I could beat it up a hill on a 50cc motorcycle but it was slow with style!

Jun 4, 2023 at 7:06 AM Post #119,522 of 151,179
Wow. Two firsts here:

1) I've never heard the dirt road thing before ...
I think that's because its a roughish translation of the German saying ... Dumm wie acht Meter Feldweg.

Jun 4, 2023 at 7:50 AM Post #119,523 of 151,179
The first two concerts I ever saw were also at Red Rocks: Peter, Paul & Mary. Diana Ross & The Supremes.

1969 Show List.jpeg

:smile_cat:
This is going to be bad, but I'll post it anyway for entertainment value: the very first concert I went to was Sonny and Cher. Worse (as if)? Chaperoned by my Mom.

In my defense:

1) I was only 12. And it was at my older sister's request.
2) For a 12 year old kid with hormones in full swing, Cher was an, um, enabler. 🤣

Jun 4, 2023 at 8:37 AM Post #119,524 of 151,179
This is going to be bad, but I'll post it anyway for entertainment value: the very first concert I went to was Sonny and Cher. Worse (as if)? Chaperoned by my Mom.

In my defense:

2) For a 12 year old kid with hormones in full swing, Cher was an, um, enabler. 🤣
I was 9 when I saw the shows at Red Rocks on a family vacation, so I appreciate the context.

Jun 4, 2023 at 8:44 AM Post #119,525 of 151,179
1685882626888.png

JC

Jun 4, 2023 at 8:46 AM Post #119,526 of 151,179
My brother's '57 Oval Window Bug was soooo COOL! I think it was 6V with 36 horsepower. That was a slow car. I could beat it up a hill on a 50cc motorcycle but it was slow with style!

A 57 oval with the sliding ragtop is just perfect. And you’re right about those being 6v with a 36hp 1200cc engine. VW didn’t go to 12v until 1967.

Jun 4, 2023 at 9:34 AM Post #119,529 of 151,179

In my defense:

… now we understand your therapeutic attachment to the music ‘noize’ of Marilyn Manson … 😮🫣🥹

Jun 4, 2023 at 10:27 AM Post #119,530 of 151,179
Given your age, she probably still is :-D

My first concert was the Cleveland Symphony Orchestra, don't recall any enablers there! Public education used to be so different....

Jun 4, 2023 at 1:23 PM Post #119,531 of 151,179
Given your age, she probably still is :-D

My first concert was the Cleveland Symphony Orchestra, don't recall any enablers there! Public education used to be so different....
Mine was KISS (girlfriend at the moment’s request). Music, Ok. But the SHOW those guys put on was truly spectacular. Money not wasted.

Jun 4, 2023 at 2:14 PM Post #119,533 of 151,179
My first rock concert was Boston in 1977 (Star Castle was the opener). The venue was the 3,000 seat Charlotte Park Center. Front row and the stage was maybe 3 feet high. Boston was just getting known after their initial album release and this concert was held at a small civic center basketball venue. It is mislabeled in their concert history as The Charlotte Coliseum, but this one was at Charlotte Park Center and was so small the entire venue would fit on the floor of the Coliseum where they later performed.

**It was festival seating and I believe my GF and I were the only sober ones in the audience, so we were able to outrun them to find our spot. :D

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2023 at 2:24 PM Post #119,534 of 151,179
My first rock concert was Boston in 1977 (Star Castle was the opener). The venue was the 3,000 seat Charlotte Park Center. Front row and the stage was maybe 3 feet high. Boston was just getting known after their initial album release and this concert was held at a small civic center basketball venue. It is mislabeled in their concert history as The Charlotte Coliseum, but this one was at Charlotte Park Center and was so small the entire venue would fit on the floor of a Coliseum where they later performed.

**It was festival seating and I believe my GF and I were the only sober ones in the audience, so we were able to outrun them to find our spot. :D
Are you talking about the old Chrome Dome? My first concert was there, Rush in 1981.

Jun 4, 2023 at 2:29 PM Post #119,535 of 151,179
My first rock concert was Boston in 1977 (Star Castle was the opener). The venue was the 3,000 seat Charlotte Park Center. Front row and the stage was maybe 3 feet high. Boston was just getting known after their initial album release and this concert was held at a small civic center basketball venue. It is mislabeled in their concert history as The Charlotte Coliseum, but this one was at Charlotte Park Center and was so small the entire venue would fit on the floor of a Coliseum where they later performed.

LOL! Sonny and Cher was at Reynold's Coliseum in Raleigh, which was the building more commonly used for livestock showing at the State Fair. 🤣

Users who are viewing this thread

Back