Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Apr 13, 2023 at 11:55 PM Post #116,596 of 155,197
I have a pair of them. They sound pretty spectacular. I also use the Comply Foam tips; they make a huge difference in overall isolation.
Yeah the foam tips were my favorite so far! How long of a break-in did yours need? I have to say they were pretty meh straight out of the box but I was kind of expecting that based on impressions I've read.

Apr 14, 2023 at 12:09 AM Post #116,597 of 155,197
Yeah the foam tips were my favorite so far! How long of a break-in did yours need?
All of my IEM foam tips were good right from the get-go. No break-in needed. :confused:

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2023 at 12:21 AM Post #116,600 of 155,197
:smirk:

Apr 14, 2023 at 12:29 AM Post #116,602 of 155,197
This has you 🫵 both beat …
39FB7E3B-0346-4AE7-98CE-BED714CDECA8.jpeg

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2023 at 12:29 AM Post #116,603 of 155,197
And who can forget the original -- 4 finger death punch? :smirk:

Screenshot 2023-04-13 232724.png

Apr 14, 2023 at 1:49 AM Post #116,604 of 155,197
Has anyone done a comparison of the Ageir vs mono Gjallarhorn's? Just curious as to why there is interest with mono Gjallarhorn's I get it from a form factor as they might fit better in some setups that way. But curious in the sound quality and if there are differences.
Sounds like Aegir, frankly. Given the topology, makes sense to me!

Edit: i compared stereo to stereo, happy with both. Probably going to move GJ to my outdoor rig (with home depot specials - exciters on suspended ceiling panels and extruded styrofoam panels suspended from 3/4” pvc 🤪). They sound really good with the 20W class D $12 chinesium thing that amazon provided, so I’m looking fwd to hearing GJ…

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2023 at 4:33 AM Post #116,606 of 155,197
I should have stated that a bit differently, I'm not concerned about loudness.

I'm concerned about depth, width, height, imaging, vocal and instrument separation between those parameters. control, tone, texture.

Im thinking/hoping a single g horn does that better than a single rekkar, and I hoping G horns in mono block will be even better yet. I believe someone stated a few weeks ago that G horn in mono block mode would push the speakers differentially through the balanced input as both positive and negative would be hot. Maybe I misunderstood that post.

Im looking to pair these with Bifrost 2 or Gumby and Freya S. Balanced all the way through.
Yep pretty much my train of thought too - I have a mint pair of Acoustic Energy Aegis 3 EVO's ( around 90 db efficient nominal 8 ohm ish ) that have not been used in 12-15 yrs and I'm torn between Vidar 2 or a G horn or two -to use with my gen 3 Bifrost multi and Saga - obviously I will be using both outputs on Saga to Bi- amp a pair of G-horns - one amp driving mid /hi and tother the low end !! -in a 12' x 15' room with moderate soft furnishings - any opinions would be welcome :beyersmile:

Or 4x Rekkrs in Mono mode !! now there's a thought !!!

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2023 at 5:29 AM Post #116,607 of 155,197
I didn't see any problem with it. As you note, Schiit has no competing products and it's something that you could plug into a preamp if you wanted to.
Just tried - plugged into my Saga and the sound was very pleasant BUT my Bifrost Multi is an order of magnitude superior in all depts

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2023 at 7:05 AM Post #116,609 of 155,197
This thread moves fast with posts so trying to catch up.

Just got my 11 Miata on the road after pulling it our of hibernation. It gets put away in Oct/Nov and back out in Mar/Apr depending on the snow. We had several late snowfalls this year in Milwaukee.

I always forget how fun it is to drive. It's great platform to upgrade. After a few simple modes springs/sway bars and header/exhaust it really changes the character if the car. Still has decent ride quality but significantly better handling and it pulls hard to the red line.

I enjoy driving low powered cars at the limit vs fast cars and barely proping the limit of them.

I've had it for 12 years and 67k and it's been the best car I've had with zero issues. Just do the simple maintenance and no issues. Just Zoom-Zoom well not the fastest as most mini vans are quicker but not many cars can touch the handling.
Seriously, keep up!
This discussion was 3 days ago
I think

:sunglasses:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back