Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Apr 11, 2023 at 7:34 AM Post #116,326 of 149,348
Last edited:
Apr 11, 2023 at 8:24 AM Post #116,328 of 149,348
Apr 11, 2023 at 8:31 AM Post #116,329 of 149,348
Except that those with quarter million dollar supercars don't do grocery runs. They have people. 🤣

I drove a Miata before deciding on the RX-8. The special sound of 9K RPM got me.
Well, the C8 was on @ArmchairPhilosopher's list and mine is a daily driver and it is often the shopping car. And coming up to 3 years, it's still a spectacular car. The e-Ray is stretching the prices a lot, so I'll stick with the gas version. And the announcement of no more Carplay from GM probably means that the all-electric Corvette won't grace my garage. :frowning2:(

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2023 at 8:37 AM Post #116,331 of 149,348
Customized Receipt.png

In case some of you guys need to sneak something new into your gear rack. :joy_cat:

Apr 11, 2023 at 8:41 AM Post #116,334 of 149,348
I have a Merkur 34C. I don't know how many horsepower it is though. Could be the same company?

1681216831584.png

Apr 11, 2023 at 8:43 AM Post #116,335 of 149,348
British designed I believe........
Hmmmm..... That was a comment on the Merkur (which went into hiding, it seems). It was a derivative of the Sierra Cosworth - with the massive whale tale I believe. In my first startup (in 1983!) our sales guy had one - it was a monster.

Apr 11, 2023 at 8:48 AM Post #116,336 of 149,348
My favorite car of the 70's...

The "Ford" De Tomaso Pantera. I used to work for NAPA and delivered parts to a garage that was an authorized service center for Rolls Royce and Pantera, as well as other exotics. I was there quite a bit delivering parts and would always take a few minutes to lust after Panteras in for routine maintenance. One day the owner came out and tossed me the keys to one and told me I could sit in one, and fire it up. That Cleveland V-8 right behind your head with nothing between its glorious roar and you but for a pane of glass was AWESOME! After I stepped out, he saw the grin on my face and said -- "Take it out for a post-service QC check - down the block to the Holman-Moody plant and take a few laps around the lot. BE CAREFUL and be back in 15 minutes. If anything happens to the car, I'll say you stole it and went for a joyride." One of the best days EVER!!! :D

Screenshot 2023-04-10 231451.png
and I thought getting to ride in one was special :beerchug:

Apr 11, 2023 at 8:55 AM Post #116,337 of 149,348
Last edited:
Apr 11, 2023 at 9:35 AM Post #116,338 of 149,348
So I've been waiting for a product like Syn for years. I've hated every AVR I've ever owned, and would gladly swap them out for Syn and 5 cheap amps (probably some of the new Schiit amps)

However, I really don't understand how the outputs work on Syn;

1) I get that the Main L&R channel outputs go to a stereo amp
2) I get that the Surround L&R channel outputs will go to a second stereo amp for the rear surround speakers
3) I get that the single Sub output will go to my powered subwoofer
4) I don't get how I will connect a center channel speaker with just one mono output. Do I just use one input on an amp, and then connect two speaker wires to the center channel speaker?

Any help appreciated....
Tons of options:

1. Plenty of companies make 5-channel amps, (or more.)
2. 5 mono amps.
3. Mono only for center.
4. All powered speakers, no amps
5. No center channel
6. Most of a 6-channel amp.
7. 5/8 of an 8 channel amp
8. Less than half of an 11 channel amp.

Hopefully we will have something in the 5/6 channel amp world eventually, but there's no reason to wait. Heck, a Syn connected to 5 $150 JBL or Kali powered monitors plus a good sub (SVS, Rhythmik, etc) will kill most home theaters I've heard. We almost went that way for the demo. But we do make Rekkr and Gjallarhorn, which provide more flexibility, so that's the way we went.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Apr 11, 2023 at 10:01 AM Post #116,339 of 149,348
My daily driver is a Wrangler and I realized I wasn't aware of any Jeep acronyms. Turns out I had just never looked.

Just Empty Every Pocket
Just Expect Every Problem
Just Enough Essential Parts
Just Eats Every Part
Just Every Expense Possible
Just Eats Every penny
Just Everyone Elses Parts
Junk Engineered, Executed Poorly
Just Expect Excessive Problems
Junk, Each & Every Piece
Just Empty Each Pocket
Just Enough Education To Perform
Just Entering Electronic Principals

This, from the same site, gave me a chuckle

GMC - Gay Man's Chevy

The site - https://www.allacronyms.com
Lmao! Yes. I had a Jeep once as a daily driver and that’ll never happen again. I’d be cool having one for play but that’s all it was good for.

Apr 11, 2023 at 10:15 AM Post #116,340 of 149,348
Well, the C8 was on @ArmchairPhilosopher's list and mine is a daily driver and it is often the shopping car. And coming up to 3 years, it's still a spectacular car. The e-Ray is stretching the prices a lot, so I'll stick with the gas version. And the announcement of no more Carplay from GM probably means that the all-electric Corvette won't grace my garage. :frowning2:(
CarPlay works great in my Mach-E. Just sayin'. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back