Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Apr 10, 2023 at 2:11 PM Post #116,266 of 152,570
Asgard 2 beats the OG Asgard in almost every regard. It sounds just about the same, it has a lower noise floor, it's more powerful (I think), it's more efficient and gets less hot, it has a gain switch, and it comes with RCA outs so that you can use it as a pre-amp.

But the OG Asgard is not only the OG Asgard — it is the OG Schiit product.

…and as such, it comes with a certain je ne sais quoi that the Asgard 2 just doesn't have. Or any other piece of Schitt, for that matter. ✌️😎
@ArmchairPhilosopher Nailed it, per usual. I was looking for an OG Asgard mainly because it was original garage built amp.

Apr 10, 2023 at 2:21 PM Post #116,267 of 152,570
Bluesound Node owners - I am having problems with the Node not responding after a period of non-use. As short as a few hours. I have to unplug it to restart it and then it shows up and works fine until the next time it stops responding. Super frustrating!

I have been back and forth with Bluesound support about this for weeks. Now, the latest from them is "I can see multiple errors within your Diagnostic Log in regard to your USB DAC. Can you please advise the Make and Model of the USB DAC you are looking to connect to the NODE?"

A) Is anyone else having this issue after upgrading the firmware?
B) Is this a thing that can happen - the errors in my Gungnir - that would affect the operation of the Node? And is this something that Schiit can/should fix?

Thanks for any input.

Apr 10, 2023 at 2:46 PM Post #116,270 of 152,570
Bluesound Node owners - I am having problems with the Node not responding after a period of non-use. As short as a few hours. I have to unplug it to restart it and then it shows up and works fine until the next time it stops responding. Super frustrating!

I have been back and forth with Bluesound support about this for weeks. Now, the latest from them is "I can see multiple errors within your Diagnostic Log in regard to your USB DAC. Can you please advise the Make and Model of the USB DAC you are looking to connect to the NODE?"

B) Is this a thing that can happen - the errors in my Gungnir - that would affect the operation of the Node? And is this something that Schiit can/should fix?

Thanks for any input.

What do you mean by not responding? To the remote, physical buttons, both? Is it behaving like it went into standby and won't wake up?

Have you tried:
1. Restarting your Gungnir instead of the Node? Does that restore functionality?
2. Connecting via Toslink or coax instead of USB? Same symptoms?

Apr 10, 2023 at 2:54 PM Post #116,271 of 152,570

Thanks for any input.
I’m having the exact same problem, and mine also feeds a Gungnir. I replaced the Node with a Wiim Pro, but got the same results. My current theory is that there is some sort of interference coming through the coax cable, so next step is to switch to optical and test.

Apr 10, 2023 at 3:19 PM Post #116,272 of 152,570
What do you mean by not responding? To the remote, physical buttons, both? Is it behaving like it went into standby and won't wake up?

Have you tried:
1. Restarting your Gungnir instead of the Node? Does that restore functionality?
2. Connecting via Toslink or coax instead of USB? Same symptoms?
BS wrote back and said they had heard from others about a similar issue. They also recommended I change the input. That is inconvenient but I’ll try it out.

Apr 10, 2023 at 4:01 PM Post #116,273 of 152,570
Apr 10, 2023 at 4:10 PM Post #116,274 of 152,570
Unless you're tall and fat like I am. :) I would totally rock a Miata, but it's just way too cramped.
I'm 6'0 and 280lbs. Loved driving my wife's 2017 MX-5. Zero comfort issues.

Now, my buddy's 2014 MX-5 was a whole different issue. I was swallowing my knees on that once. The extra couple inches in the new MX-5 made a big difference for us larger folk.

Apr 10, 2023 at 4:40 PM Post #116,276 of 152,570
I'm 6'0 and 280lbs. Loved driving my wife's 2017 MX-5. Zero comfort issues.

Now, my buddy's 2014 MX-5 was a whole different issue. I was swallowing my knees on that once. The extra couple inches in the new MX-5 made a big difference for us larger folk.

I'm larger than you in both dimensions. :darthsmile: And while I was surprised that I can actually get in (and even operate the clutch) to the ND2, my scalp (not just my hair) touches the soft top and I just generally feel super confined. I could probably drive it for 15-20 minutes, tops.

Apr 10, 2023 at 4:47 PM Post #116,277 of 152,570

Thanks for any input.
No issues with either of mine but I'll keep my eye on them. Let us know if you find a solution.

Edit - mine are the Node 2i which don't have a USB output. I suspect using either coax or optical cables might solve your issue (and/or create more if that means Gungnir will run out of inputs)

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2023 at 4:57 PM Post #116,278 of 152,570
I'm larger than you in both dimensions. :darthsmile: And while I was surprised that I can actually get in (and even operate the clutch) to the ND2, my scalp (not just my hair) touches the soft top and I just generally feel super confined. I could probably drive it for 15-20 minutes, tops.

How long if you put the top down?

:ksc75smile:
JC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back