Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Mar 23, 2023 at 12:03 PM Post #114,183 of 155,088
1679583314660.png
Hope I'm not breaking any forum rules by posting this. Definitely breaking some kind of copyright law!
LOL my hair is not quite that white yet but I do have a similar mustache, I am going for the Wilford Brimley look. Also I just got some Crocs that look kinda similar except no buckle.

Mar 23, 2023 at 12:12 PM Post #114,184 of 155,088
LOL my hair is not quite that white yet but I do have a similar mustache, I am going for the Wilford Brimley look. Also I just got some Crocs that look kinda similar except no buckle.

At least the blank, hapless expression on Bill-nocchio seems correct...! 🤣

Mar 23, 2023 at 12:34 PM Post #114,185 of 155,088
Hope you don't get...
st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.jpg

Mar 23, 2023 at 1:37 PM Post #114,187 of 155,088
Speaking of weird, what's some weirdo music y'all listen to? The Residents is probably the weirdest for me 🙃

Esquival. Dr Beefheart. Aamon Duul. Bonzo Dog Doo-dah Band*. Gong. And that's without actually looking at my collection.

*EDIT - from one of their song lyrics was taken the band name "death cab for cutie".

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2023 at 2:25 PM Post #114,190 of 155,088
Mar 23, 2023 at 2:34 PM Post #114,191 of 155,088
Esquival. Dr Beefheart. Aamon Duul. Bonzo Dog Doo-dah Band*. Gong. And that's without actually looking at my collection.

*EDIT - from one of their song lyrics was taken the band name "death cab for cutie".
I do believe it was Captain Beefheart and the Magic band. Real name Don Van Vliet. A high school friend of Frank Zappa, Zappa produced Trout Mask Replica. Zappa once called Beefheart weird if that tells you anything.🤪 Want a song they performed together? Track down Orange Claw Hammer. I once sent that song to a lady in Rochester New York and she asked me not to send music, ever again.🤣

Mar 23, 2023 at 3:12 PM Post #114,192 of 155,088
Question for the braintrust.

I use my 2ch for tv duties and the sound sucks. Specifically, the sound effects are always WAY louder than voices. It's super annoying because I have to crank it up to hear dialogue and as soon as there's any sort of action it's loud af. This is specific to tv only - music from my various sources is perfectly fine.

Apple TV -> HDMI -> Samsung tv -> optical -> Modi MB -> NAD integrated -> Linn speakers.

So my question is: am I effed because this is done on purpose to force people into 5.1 so the center channel can be adjusted accordingly or is there something I can do?

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2023 at 3:15 PM Post #114,193 of 155,088

I use my 2ch for tv duties and the sound sucks. Specifically, the sound effects are always WAY louder than voices. It's super annoying because I have to crank it up to hear dialogue and as soon as there's any sort of action it's loud af. This is specific to tv only - music from my various sources is perfectly fine.

Samsung tv -> optical -> Modi MB -> NAD integrated -> Linn speakers.

So my question is: am I effed because this is done on purpose to force people into 5.1 so the center channel can be adjusted accordingly or is there something I can do?
Check your tv’s audio out settings. Turn off surround sound, dolby atmos, etc. is the sound to your liking with other sources? Speaker position can also play a role.

Mar 23, 2023 at 3:18 PM Post #114,194 of 155,088

There used to be a "Dolby 3" setting for those with out a center channel. Or some thing like that name. It presented viewers with a phantom center channel that worked okie dokie.

Mar 23, 2023 at 3:22 PM Post #114,195 of 155,088

Check your tv’s audio out settings. Turn off surround sound, dolby atmos, etc. is the sound to your liking with other sources? Speaker position can also play a role.
…and then there's also this little issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back