Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Mar 12, 2023 at 4:35 PM Post #113,011 of 155,180
I'm in the "I've heard differences in cables" camp wrt interconnects. For me, my perception, my bias, it's not necessarily expensive vs. cheap, it's been coax vs. twisted, shielded vs. unshielded, etc. Construction and make up vs. expense. Affordable but still different.
I hear the most difference in headphone cables. I have also constructed my own USB cables using a higher quality, larger awg wires than many of the imports but that is hardly comparing apples to apples. :ksc75smile: I wish I could say I heard a lot of difference in interconnects but I tend to use quality Mogami, Belden, and Canare cable so I am starting with something very well made. I have had one person who could consistently tell the difference in wire types but she is the only one I know who could do that and many have tried that test with me.

Mar 12, 2023 at 4:40 PM Post #113,012 of 155,180
I don't listen to very much country music but I dig Sturgill Simpson for some reason

Same here, I suppose this is country but I do like some songs by Trampled by Turtles..

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2023 at 5:37 PM Post #113,013 of 155,180
Since we're talking Turtles...!

MV5BNTM5OTMwNGUtZjAzMC00MmExLTg0MDYtMjRlN2U2OGI1YzhiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODUwNjEzMzg@._V1_FMjpg_UX1...jpg

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2023 at 5:39 PM Post #113,015 of 155,180
Mar 12, 2023 at 5:41 PM Post #113,016 of 155,180
A desperate need for attention, me thinks. :D

Mar 12, 2023 at 5:42 PM Post #113,017 of 155,180
I hear the most difference in headphone cables. I have also constructed my own USB cables using a higher quality, larger awg wires than many of the imports but that is hardly comparing apples to apples. :ksc75smile: I wish I could say I heard a lot of difference in interconnects but I tend to use quality Mogami, Belden, and Canare cable so I am starting with something very well made. I have had one person who could consistently tell the difference in wire types but she is the only one I know who could do that and many have tried that test with me.
I recently did some interconnects with coax Belden 1505F and shielded twisted pair Mogami W2534. For me, in my system, the Mogami was the hero cable. The Belden didn't mesh(?). It's currently re-tasked for CD S/PDIF transport duty. (I'll try it in another system it may be better suited to.)

Mar 12, 2023 at 5:47 PM Post #113,019 of 155,180

If it's any consolation, I hated myself (briefly) after posting this. :smirk:

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2023 at 5:55 PM Post #113,021 of 155,180
I recently did some interconnects with coax Belden 1505F and shielded twisted pair Mogami W2534. For me, in my system, the Mogami was the hero cable. The Belden didn't mesh(?). It's currently re-tasked for CD S/PDIF transport duty. (I'll try it in another system it may be better suited to.)
I have built with plenty of 1505F and 1505F but I am more apt to use the Mogami for analog audio. Twisted pair is a form of shielding and then you have the copper braid shield as well, a very good product.

Mar 12, 2023 at 6:01 PM Post #113,022 of 155,180
Do you like this one?

3 Foot RCA Cable Pair - Gotham GAC-4/1 (Black) Star-Quad Audio Interconnect Cable with Amphenol ACPL Black Chrome Body, Gold Plated RCA Connectors - Directional https://a.co/d/1pNyIXd

Mar 12, 2023 at 6:20 PM Post #113,023 of 155,180
Every time I think I have my subwoofers set up properly on my main system I do a final check using music by this guy, and then have to revisit the adjustments lol.

Mar 12, 2023 at 6:30 PM Post #113,024 of 155,180
Witnessed what was estimated as 200lbs+ one of these over fifty years ago. It is probably still alive.

We were fishing in "Turtle Lake" and this came out with a friend's line in its mouth. Prior to seeing that I used to walk in Turtle Lake, fishing. Not after that. It was given the name "Turtle Lake" because of the amount of "painted turtles" that lived there. This is an Alligator Snapper.

Alligator-Snapping-Turtles-Have-Powerful-Jaws-That-Can-Cause-Serious-Harm-to-Humans.jpg

The turtle cut the line and let us go.

I always wanted to keep some of these turtles but they are illegal in California, so maybe when I retire and leave the state.

Mar 12, 2023 at 6:31 PM Post #113,025 of 155,180
Do you like this one?

3 Foot RCA Cable Pair - Gotham GAC-4/1 (Black) Star-Quad Audio Interconnect Cable with Amphenol ACPL Black Chrome Body, Gold Plated RCA Connectors - Directional https://a.co/d/1pNyIXd
I couldn't / wouldn't say I like it. That's too subjective for something I've never tried. That said the cable looks to have the same characteristics as the Mogami W2534 and is affordable so looks promising but your mileage may vary. I had an issue with brightness and sibilance(?) I was trying to address. For me, my system, I feel it worked out very well. For me, after some Googling, (and comments here @Paladin79 ) it was trial and error with some affordable options. Only you'll know if this cable works for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back