Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Feb 2, 2023 at 10:30 AM Post #109,561 of 155,172
For those of you who love vinyl, this is an excellent documentary about the fall and rebirth of vinyl over the last 30 years. 93 minutes.

Thanks for providing that, a great documentary!
I used to stop off in Salina Kansas on my way to visit my daughter in college and had no idea they pressed records there lol. At the time she had a Crosley record player and had begun her own journey with vinyl.

Feb 2, 2023 at 10:49 AM Post #109,562 of 155,172
Feb 2, 2023 at 10:52 AM Post #109,563 of 155,172
How about something like this?

It's a digital internet tuner. You can stream all of your FM stations. Plus, there's S/PDIF digital outputs, for connection to a Schiit DAC, for optimum sound quality...! Not expensive either.

Ocean Digital WR10 Tuner
Excellent choice!

I own and use two of these Grace Digital Internet Radio Tuners. One for headphone listening and the other in my gym hooked up to the Douk ST-01 Integrated Amp.

613IyuVXyLL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

"If we do not find anything very pleasant, at least we shall find something new." Voltaire

This is a simple internet tuner. It has RCA out and a Coax out. It is WiFi but also has a RJ45 for hard wiring to your home setup.

I have my Pandora, SiriusXM and Amazaon Music Unlimited accounts on here. I also listen to my favorite internet station out of the Netherlands, "The Great Amerian Songbook". And ABC Jazz from Australia. And KSDS Jazz88 (San Diego City College) and lots more! Over the years I have bought for myself or others including family and friends, about 15 Grace Digital products. All for listening to music via the interwebs. The company is local to San Diego and the people that work there are great.

I currently have 2 of the Grace Link and 4 Grace Internet Radios in our home. I also have and use Denon HEOS for music throughout the house. I enjoy music and film.

I hate television but occasionally watch the news.

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2023 at 11:04 AM Post #109,566 of 155,172
Psst...I've sussed out one of Schiit's new product announcements...
Jason is adamant that Schiit ain't
013123wurlitzergogo.jpg
gonna do a streamer. (I don't blame him - very soon every appliance from the fridge to the oven to the bidet will be "smart" and able to stream data/music.)

Besides, a jukebox is way cooler than any streamer.

And Schiit knows all about putting bright lights on things...

So it just makes sense.

On another subject, the company that makes the PowerPlant is offering a helluva deal on the 12 model (8 outlets) this month. See their website.

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2023 at 11:32 AM Post #109,568 of 155,172
Amir & the ASR minions have been around for millennia! They were measuring, not listening, back then…..in a state of ‘de Nile’….. 🤣

Feb 2, 2023 at 11:43 AM Post #109,569 of 155,172
For internet radio, I've just used the Tunein app on the Bluesound Node. I've looked around for a tuner that will support both analog and digital over-the-air FM stations in the US, but the pickings seem to be slim.
Here's one to match your silver Schiit stack. (edit: analog only)
1675355569519.png

I really wouldn't mind including one of these into my system. Sometimes, I just want to turn the system on, change it to a reliable station and let others choose the music for me. Sure, I can do this with the Tune-in app but then I have to navigate through my phone, open the app, navigate the ads, manage the choice anxiety, and hopefully settle on a station. Yes, this is a first-world problem but I'm looking for first-world solutions.

Feb 2, 2023 at 11:55 AM Post #109,571 of 155,172
Feb 2, 2023 at 12:01 PM Post #109,572 of 155,172
Here's one to match your silver Schiit stack. (edit: analog only)
1675355569519.png

I really wouldn't mind including one of these into my system. Sometimes, I just want to turn the system on, change it to a reliable station and let others choose the music for me. Sure, I can do this with the Tune-in app but then I have to navigate through my phone, open the app, navigate the ads, manage the choice anxiety, and hopefully settle on a station. Yes, this is a first-world problem but I'm looking for first-world solutions.
I have great selections of radio stations from all over the world, different genres, and different bit rates, all via my Roon App.

Leo

Feb 2, 2023 at 12:11 PM Post #109,575 of 155,172

Users who are viewing this thread

Back