Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jan 8, 2023 at 9:57 PM Post #107,612 of 155,165
Count me in for whisky and smoked salmon, otherwise known as lox in NYC.
We fixed some with cream cheese, red onion, and capers on the side. Fancy crackers and a sliced baguette.

Those interested in more info on the DAC comparison should PM me and I will try to answer a few questions tomorrow. I just caught a glimpse of the rankings and info tonight. Time for a refill and more food.😜

Jan 8, 2023 at 10:04 PM Post #107,613 of 155,165
We fixed some with cream cheese, red onion, and capers on the side. Fancy crackers and a sliced baguette.

Those interested in more info on the DAC comparison should PM me and I will try to answer a few questions tomorrow. I just caught a glimpse of the rankings and info tonight. Time for a refill and more food.😜
Please put me on the PM list. A bagel with cream cheese, onion, lox, and capers is one of my favorite weekend breakfasts.
As an aside, I am working on a SE pentode EL84 amp with a 12AX7 driver for the mini speakers. The prototype is in the debug stage, will send info if interested.
Sam

Jan 8, 2023 at 10:09 PM Post #107,615 of 155,165
Please put me on the PM list. A bagel with cream cheese, onion, lox, and capers is one of my favorite weekend breakfasts.
As an aside, I am working on a SE pentode EL84 amp with a 12AX7 driver for the mini speakers. The prototype is in the debug stage, will send info if interested.
Sam
I am always interested, time has been my only issue.😜

Jan 8, 2023 at 10:17 PM Post #107,618 of 155,165
I have used Vali 2+ with Modi 3. Sounds great With FLAC, MP3, CD digital out, and streamed concerts. Lyr with a multibit card sounds better and Saga + with the Modi sounds better. But Vali 2+ was great until I got curious and probably could have been my endgame.
Thank you, that's exactly what I was looking for. :beerchug::dt880smile:

Jan 8, 2023 at 10:34 PM Post #107,619 of 155,165
Sam
I shared some satsumas with friends tonight, thanks again, they are holding up well.

Time to argue with friends over our score sheets lol, in a nice way of course. Whoever came closest to the group results will win an amp, so this is semi-serious.🤪

Jan 8, 2023 at 10:51 PM Post #107,620 of 155,165
Schiit N Music
Sunday Night. Cousin and wife here. Brown waters, Prosecco, wine, Sunday (ham) Dinner with too many sides and coconut cream pie with brandy Alexander martini for desert ... & Whole House Music.

It is the music, as ORT said "the sound track of life". "Life" - Nature's way of preserving meat :wink:

Now to the headphones for a bit.
Last night: Sennheiser HD650 via the Valhalla 2. Like a warm blanket.
Tonight: HiFiMan Edition XS via the Mjolnir 2. More blues and tubes.

Planned to confess to my first black Schiit. Dinner's clean up and music come first.

Thank you for enjoying the pictures of some of my 30+ years of collecting (hording???).

Enjoy the Schiit N Music
Old and busted 69,

r2

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2023 at 11:23 PM Post #107,621 of 155,165
I can't do cream cheese (very lactose intolerant), and currently not alcohol either (taking prescription NSAID for lower-back issue recurrence), so I make it up with the best headphone setup I've ever assembled: digital tracks (via Roon) > HQPlayer on beefy PC to DSD256 > Holo May KTE > Holo Serene KTE (volume control) > DNA Stellaris (RCA JAN 5U4G, Sylvania 6BK7B, Takatsuki TA-2A3) > ZMF Atrium LTD Koa. All the wine and whisky replenishment I'll be avoiding until my vertebrae can be convinced to stop squeezing my left sciatic nerve will make up soon for that pricey system :scream:

Jan 8, 2023 at 11:27 PM Post #107,622 of 155,165
I can't do cream cheese (very lactose intolerant), and currently not alcohol either (taking prescription NSAID for lower-back issue recurrence), so I make it up with the best headphone setup I've ever assembled: digital tracks (via Roon) > HQPlayer on beefy PC to DSD256 > Holo May KTE > Holo Serene KTE (volume control) > DNA Stellaris (RCA JAN 5U4G, Sylvania 6BK7B, Takatsuki TA-2A3) > ZMF Atrium LTD Koa. All the wine and whisky replenishment I'll be avoiding until my vertebrae can be convinced to stop squeezing my left sciatic nerve will make up soon for that pricey system :scream:
Funny you should mention the Holo May KTE.🤪🤪🤪 I heard one today.

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2023 at 12:16 AM Post #107,624 of 155,165
I would love to hear any thoughts from the Schiit digital team why they decided to move to neutral/bright on the Bifrost 2/64 and Modi Multibit 2.

I haven't heard the B2/64, but I think the MM2 is brilliant (no pun intended). Just sounds more conventionally "audiophile" than I'm used to at this price point. The more I listen to it, the more I begin to love it.

Maybe a YouTube video with Mike and Dave? :wink:

Jan 9, 2023 at 12:56 AM Post #107,625 of 155,165

Count me in on those interested!! Very interested in the results. Dac is next thing I’m focused on for upgrade. My Envy needs a wingman. 😁

Users who are viewing this thread

Back