Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Dec 20, 2022 at 5:46 PM Post #106,008 of 155,069
So exactly how many Schiit products until you are a Schiithead?

Gungnir MultiBit
Eitr
Sys
Hel
Fulla
Asgard 2.
At least 3 Schiit USB cables as well.

Schiithead am I?
One might say you are nearly full of Schiit (I have heard there is always room for more!). Congratulations!

Dec 20, 2022 at 5:50 PM Post #106,009 of 155,069
One might say you are nearly full of Schiit (I have heard there is always room for more!). Congratulations!

Room for Lyr+ and a new Vidar 2 in my opinion. :)

What I really want is what I call the SchiitPi. I made this up and have said it a couple times but Jason has not picked up on it. Probably for a very good reason.
What is a Schiit Pi, well its a Modi/Magni sized case that is empty. It is drilled out so you can use a Raspberry Pi4 inside of it and make a small music server/Raspberry Pi4 look like yoir other Schiit. Literally just a computer case with the Schiit Logo on it.

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2022 at 5:57 PM Post #106,010 of 155,069

What I really want is what I call the SchiitPi. I made this up and have said it a couple times but Jason has not picked up on it. Probably for a very good reason.
What is a Schiit Pi, well its a Modi/Magni sized case that is empty. It is drilled out so you can use a Raspberry Pi4 inside of it and make a small music server/Raspberry Pi4 look like yoir other Schiit. Literally just a computer case with the Schiit Logo on it.
I spent a while looking for one. This is what I had in mind https://www.reddit.com/r/Schiit/comments/n25njw/mopi_update_a_raspberry_pi_case_for_my_schiit/

If you have the resources, I believe he posted the 3d printer plans online elsewhere. I ended up doing an Argon case.

Dec 20, 2022 at 8:24 PM Post #106,012 of 155,069
I was about to turn on some Christmas music as I help get our house ready for my son and his family coming here for the holidays. I could feasibly hook up an FM radio, I have some vintage Pioneer receivers in my shop, but Tidal is easier for now. :ksc75smile: Nothing against some of the newer Christmas renditions, but I search for a lot of music I grew up with or heard at a young age:ksc75smile:
Those 8-tracks have to be close to worn out by now. No? 🤣

Dec 20, 2022 at 8:31 PM Post #106,013 of 155,069
It will be my first multibit dac and second Schiit dac. I have the Modi3+ which I'm listening to right now.

You're in for a real treat. :L3000:

Dec 20, 2022 at 8:39 PM Post #106,014 of 155,069
So exactly how many Schiit products until you are a Schiithead?

Gungnir MultiBit
Eitr
Sys
Hel
Fulla
Asgard 2.
At least 3 Schiit USB cables as well.

Schiithead am I?
I’ve been on a tear this year, so far:
Modius
Mani
Vidar
Freya N
Modi +
Magni +
Gungnir (my favorite)

Dec 20, 2022 at 9:17 PM Post #106,015 of 155,069
I was about to turn on some Christmas music as I help get our house ready for my son and his family coming here for the holidays. I could feasibly hook up an FM radio, I have some vintage Pioneer receivers in my shop, but Tidal is easier for now. :ksc75smile: Nothing against some of the newer Christmas renditions, but I search for a lot of music I grew up with or heard at a young age:ksc75smile:

Bing Crosby, Burl Ives, Frank Sinatra, Vince Guaraldi Trio, Eartha Kitt, Nat King Cole, Dean Martin, Johnny Mathis, etc.

Those 8-tracks have to be close to worn out by now. No? 🤣

Yeah...especially his Beach Boys and Elvis ones :wink:

1671588874069.jpeg

1671588972384.jpeg

Dec 20, 2022 at 10:20 PM Post #106,016 of 155,069

I would tell the guy at Nitsch.

If you can stamp the design out that would be ideal.

Then you could paint them in pastel Florida colors.

Also, Chromecast Schiit Box. with a batteries to power modi/modius/hel/fulla.

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2022 at 10:24 PM Post #106,017 of 155,069
Dec 21, 2022 at 1:05 AM Post #106,018 of 155,069
Perhaps not originally intended for audio, but the latest Bluetooth standards are pretty good for audio: Qualcomm’s aptX HD and aptX Adaptive codecs support audio at 24-bit/48kHz and 96kHz respectively. Like any technology, it’s evolving and you have to be careful to make sure any Bluetooth gear supports the higher quality audio standards. Bluetooth audio used to suck, but no longer.
The Burmeister system in my car supports aptX. I stream Tidal (hi-fi quality+) to it from my iPhone 13 Pro, and it really sounds much better than it should. :relaxed:

Dec 21, 2022 at 1:47 AM Post #106,020 of 155,069
Question, if I buy the Modi Multibit 2 around 5 minutes after it got released, how long must I wait to get it shipped?
Pretty sure the schiity shipping elves will ship it 5 minutes after they ship mine. When will they will ship mine? Uncertain. :ksc75smile:

Also... welcome to the big schiit stream! Come for the schiit, stay for the schiity banter!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back