Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Dec 5, 2022 at 5:57 PM Post #104,989 of 153,935
My Freya N is officially lost in Fed-Ex's system. I spoke with a very helpful young lady and she put a trace on it. The woman assigned to it called me shortly after the first call and we had an enjoyable chat. The unfortunate thing is that they have no idea where it might be. She has a couple of ideas that she was going to run down and get back to me today or tomorrow morning, as soon as she has something. I haven't heard from her and it's almost 6:00 PM ET. Tomorrow it is. Tuesday will also be 5 days that it's overdue. I don't have a good feeling about this, but we'll see. 🤬

Dec 5, 2022 at 5:58 PM Post #104,990 of 153,935
@Jason Stoddard - To be clear, the DSP chip is separate from the D/A Conversion IC chip, no? From the yggy specs:

"Digital Filter: proprietary Schiit time- and frequency-domain optimized digital filter implemented on Analog Devices SHARC DSP processor"
"D/A Conversion IC: Analog Devices AD5791BRUZ x 4 (2 per channel, hardware balanced configuration)"

Guess I'm wondering if it's the SHARC chip you were talking about replacing here.
100%

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Dec 5, 2022 at 6:03 PM Post #104,994 of 153,935
Post office said they couldn't find find my Schiit, fortunately I had watched a ton of unboxing videos and recognized the packaging it was shipped in. I saw it on a counter beside someone's soda and cell phone. Everyone seemed very surprised when I pointed it out. :rolling_eyes:

Took it home plugged it in and holy schiit.
I thought I bought an Dac/amp combo called the Fulla but it sounds like what I got was a new set of headphones. :gs1000smile: This thing is the Schiit! I can see a Magni/Modi stack in my near future. I didn't think my Grado 325e needed an amp, however as great as they were without it, I'm stunned by the improvement in realism, bass impact and a the widened soundstage with the Fulla.

Dec 5, 2022 at 6:06 PM Post #104,995 of 153,935
My Freya N is officially lost in Fed-Ex's system. I spoke with a very helpful young lady and she put a trace on it. The woman assigned to it called me shortly after the first call and we had an enjoyable chat. The unfortunate thing is that they have no idea where it might be. She has a couple of ideas that she was going to run down and get back to me today or tomorrow morning, as soon as she has something. I haven't heard from her and it's almost 6:00 PM ET. Tomorrow it is. Tuesday will also be 5 days that it's overdue. I don't have a good feeling about this, but we'll see. 🤬
Just in case you might throw a note at Schiit and ask if they'll put one aside for you. Supplies are limited?

Dec 5, 2022 at 6:07 PM Post #104,996 of 153,935
Speaking of which…

720C4ADD-4EFA-4174-98AB-4200AB7B52A5.jpeg

And a huge Thank You, Jason, for the inclusion of the impedance multiplier. Great idea, and highly appreciated.

Dec 5, 2022 at 6:13 PM Post #104,997 of 153,935
you might want to contact info@Schiit.com about sending out a replacement, while there is inventory remaining.

(added)
ninja'd by @inmytaxi

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2022 at 6:15 PM Post #104,998 of 153,935
Dec 5, 2022 at 6:32 PM Post #105,000 of 153,935
Speaking of which…

720C4ADD-4EFA-4174-98AB-4200AB7B52A5.jpeg

And a huge Thank You, Jason, for the inclusion of the impedance multiplier. Great idea, and highly appreciated.
Thanks for the desktop wallpaper :beerchug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back