Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Nov 20, 2022 at 10:05 AM Post #103,306 of 150,787
Well, duh, it just has to work the same with tubes as it does with amps. Mono-blocks- tubes or amps- always improve separation and sound stage.
Yes! Exactly the same if you overlook the differences.

I don't think that's + enough. Ten power tubes minimum for it to be called an upgrade.

I like the way you think.

Wait....did I just say that? I must be overdue for my morning nap. 🤣

Nov 20, 2022 at 10:06 AM Post #103,307 of 150,787
Watch at 1:08:00 for an answer.

There it is. Thanks for the link. Looks like I'm ordering a Crack + Speedball shortly and will likely have a Valhalla 3 whenever it gets released in a year or 3 :wink:

Nov 20, 2022 at 10:08 AM Post #103,308 of 150,787
I've got an OG LYR 3 for sale in the classified's.

Nov 20, 2022 at 10:12 AM Post #103,309 of 150,787
If your interested in a Valhalla 2 PM me. And yes, it is not a hybrid.
Thank you very much, I appreciate it! There's a great community on this forum. I'm leaning towards a Crack at the moment for its tinkerability (can I copyright made-up words?), but I've been wavering back and forth since early yesterday. Having a ready-to-plug-in box will reduce swearing in the household, which my wife and the pups will appreciate.

Nov 20, 2022 at 10:13 AM Post #103,310 of 150,787
Thank you very much, I appreciate it! There's a great community on this forum. I'm leaning towards a Crack at the moment for its tinkerability (can I copyright made-up words?), but I've been wavering back and forth since early yesterday. Having a ready-to-plug-in box will reduce swearing in the household, which my wife and the pups will appreciate.
:laughing:

Nov 20, 2022 at 10:44 AM Post #103,311 of 150,787
I get this, but just a reminder that new comes with a nice warranty.
Lol I agree but I also have Project Solstice coming in that I want to compare to Lyr 3 when it arrives (I also got 6SN7 adaptor for Solstice so it would be apples to apples comparison, though I have a feeling I'll probably like 12AT7 tube more because I like more forward/aggressive presentation).

That and the Magni Piety look interesting and then there is Modi Multibit 2 coming out ahhhhhhhhhh my wallet can't keep up.

Lyr+ can wait LOL.

On a side note, can anyone chime in some info regarding Modi Multibit 2 vs Musician Draco? (I plan to buy one, leaning on Mimby 2). Again Mimby 2 is not out yet but I'm assuming the closest theoretical comparison might be Bifrost 2 vs Denafrips Ares II.

Music I listen to is acoustic, rock and pop. Where my guess is acoustic is better on full R2R and rock and pop is better on Multibit implementation.

EDIT: forgot to say forward / shouty / in your face female vocal is actually my preference lol.

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2022 at 11:06 AM Post #103,313 of 150,787
Go commando, I gave up BVD's years ago, I saved money that can be directed to audio purchases and I do less laundry.

Nov 20, 2022 at 11:07 AM Post #103,314 of 150,787
Then again my wife say I REALLY should buy more underwear first. My current underwear are all broken and losing elasticity yet I keep buying more audio gear.:laughing:

Are you saying there's some sort of problem? If so, I don't see it.

:beerchug:
JC

Nov 20, 2022 at 11:27 AM Post #103,317 of 150,787
I received my Yggy OG yesterday after have sent it back for the + upgrade. Long story short, IMHO it was money well spent. I like the new chassis, remote (yaay) and the aspect it hopefully will not return to the mothership for future upgrades. Sitting next to my LIM, it certainly looks better, will probably send the LIM for it's upgrade soon. Thanks to Jason, Mike, Dave, Ivana and the folks at Schiit for offering this upgrade, most manufacturers would just depricate the old and sell something "new". One more thing, my Folkvanger works just dandy as a sometimes "effects" box. When one wishes to dance on the third rail of flavors, this it's just the thang!
I got yiggy OG back on Friday too, and I am very happy with the looks. It is much better looking. It does not offer much more that than to me, at this time. I did not need to turn off the mega burrito filter. I have mute functions on other pieces of equipment that work fine. I never really desired to have two inputs into the yiggy. I just wanted to be ready for the next upgrade. Having said that, I am thinking of adding another input to the yiggy since I can.

Nov 20, 2022 at 12:01 PM Post #103,318 of 150,787
Huh. I was going to order a Magni Piety, but the price on the page jumped from $149 to $205. I thought maybe it reflected the price in Canada, but jumping on my VPN and setting it for a USA location still has it at $205. That sucks. Will likely pass if that's the case.

Edit: Trying it on my phone and setting it for USA has it at $149. Computers....

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2022 at 12:03 PM Post #103,320 of 150,787
Huh. I was going to order a Magni Piety, but the price on the page jumped from $149 to $205. I thought maybe it reflected the price in Canada, but jumping on my VPN and setting it for a USA location still has it at $205. That sucks. Will likely pass if that's the case.
Screenshot 2022-11-20 at 9.03.20 AM.png

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edit: You can set the currency in the bottom right corner of the page's footer.
Not the best placement for it, but whatchagonnado.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back