Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jan 28, 2016 at 1:14 PM Post #10,021 of 151,284
If you think about it though, Head-Fi is all about overkill. Worthwhile overkill, but yeah - most people won't get it and so it seems funny to say, 'Dude, that's too much' when I'm listening to $700 headphones, a $250 amplifier, and a $600 DAC...and I ain't even lower-middle-class in Head-Fi economics.

Agreed, and fortunately in audio one person's/mfg's dollar isn't exactly equal to another's due to our ears/brains being so messed up, uh I mean so, well, unique. And then there's diminishing returns. Extra dollars spent buying gear doesn't necessarily reap commensurate rewards.

But disregard all that reality crap. It's more fun pining for the latest and greatest! I want an Yggy, too.

Jan 28, 2016 at 1:55 PM Post #10,023 of 151,284
  At the risk of dating myself, my first headphones were Pioneer SE-20s, purchased in the mid 60s.

My first set were just like these. Used them with a crystal radio in the 1950's.

Jan 28, 2016 at 4:01 PM Post #10,024 of 151,284
  At the risk of dating myself, my first headphones were Pioneer SE-20s, purchased in the mid 60s.

Oh, my first evar headphones of note were Koss HV-X's back in the stone age.  I used MDR-V6s in the 90s and sprang for the then "top-of-the-line" HD-600s in circa 2000.  I still use them, but the HD-800s are my top end ones now.

Jan 28, 2016 at 5:26 PM Post #10,025 of 151,284
My first headphones were white HD414s with yellow foam pads like in my Avatar. Upgraded to SR-44s a year later.

Jan 28, 2016 at 6:01 PM Post #10,026 of 151,284
Hey Jason.

I know that the megacomboburrito filter is a proprietary Schiit design, and good Schiit it is too. But has there been any inquires from other companies to license the design. And do you think there will ever be a time that you would or would hell freeze over?

Jan 28, 2016 at 6:27 PM Post #10,027 of 151,284
Wanted to share my Schiity cup with everyone. Wife has this Silhouette thing so she cut out the logo for me to stick to my Yeti Rambler. It's got a little crease on the corner, think I'll make it a bit smaller, should prevent that.

Now for the power T on the other side! Go Vols!

Jan 28, 2016 at 6:31 PM Post #10,028 of 151,284
  Wanted to share my Schiity cup with everyone. Wife has this Silhouette thing so she cut out the logo for me to stick to my Yeti Rambler. It's got a little crease on the corner, think I'll make it a bit smaller, should prevent that.

That is pretty awesome if I do say so myself. Never did think of that. I now know what my next project is. Would like to see a bit of Schiit on my Kleen Kanteen.

Jan 28, 2016 at 10:15 PM Post #10,029 of 151,284
Audioquest kinda busted by Mark Waldrip.

Read all about it on Stereophile and on Professor Mark Waldrip's posting.    Waldrip is Professor of Audio Engineering at one of the California Universities .  

Tony in Michigan 

ps.  I was a Monster Cable Dealer and loved their interconnects, 
       I never was an Audioquest representative nor do I own any of their $1,000 USB cables.
        Today: the best cable I own are some Apple, PSYT and Monoprice cabling. 

Jan 28, 2016 at 10:19 PM Post #10,030 of 151,284

If you think about it though, Head-Fi is all about overkill. Worthwhile overkill, but yeah - most people won't get it and so it seems funny to say, 'Dude, that's too much' when I'm listening to $700 headphones, a $250 amplifier, and a $600 DAC...and I ain't even lower-middle-class in Head-Fi economics.

You make me look rich...with $2000 speakers, $2500 subwoofer, $2200 integrated amp, $2700 DAC...

I'm trying to stop upgrading right now. I will now repeat this to myself,

"I have no need for any further gear upgrades. I will enjoy the music and not browse any audio forums or news."

Jan 28, 2016 at 10:19 PM Post #10,031 of 151,284

Holy schiit. That's very well done if I do say so myself !

Jan 28, 2016 at 10:30 PM Post #10,033 of 151,284

No No No. Everyone knows the power switch goes on the back...

Jan 28, 2016 at 10:49 PM Post #10,034 of 151,284
  Hey Jason.

I know that the megacomboburrito filter is a proprietary Schiit design, and good Schiit it is too. But has there been any inquires from other companies to license the design. And do you think there will ever be a time that you would or would hell freeze over?

Hell will freeze over.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back