Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Aug 12, 2022 at 7:10 PM Post #97,921 of 150,704
The only thing I buy at McDonalds nowadays is a McFlurry and/or the occasional chicken wrap if a KFC is not close enough. I can't remember when I bought a Big Mac from there but it must be at least over five years, maybe longer.
I can't actually remember the last time I ate at a McDonalds or a KFC. There are so many better, and healthier choices I don't know why people sit in the take out line at those places. It isn't like it tastes good! Maybe there is some nostalgic thing going on but if that is why you are eating there you are entirely lost anyway...

Aug 12, 2022 at 7:58 PM Post #97,922 of 150,704
Been dealing with an earache for the past few days. Couldn’t get into my primary care physician so ended up at a Med Express. Long story short, they flushed my ear and gave me drops for an infection. I have about 90% hearing loss in my right ear currently. They said it should come back in a few days. Man I hope so because this sucks. Ruined my plans to spend my day off listening to music. And I would truly hate to have to give up my favorite hobby. 😤

Aug 12, 2022 at 8:09 PM Post #97,923 of 150,704
Been dealing with an earache for the past few days. Couldn’t get into my primary care physician so ended up at a Med Express. Long story short, they flushed my ear and gave me drops for an infection. I have about 90% hearing loss in my right ear currently. They said it should come back in a few days. Man I hope so because this sucks. Ruined my plans to spend my day off listening to music. And I would truly hate to have to give up my favorite hobby. 😤
Heal up soon!

Aug 12, 2022 at 8:15 PM Post #97,925 of 150,704
Bummer man. Hope things heal up quickly.

Aug 12, 2022 at 8:23 PM Post #97,926 of 150,704
Best wishes for a speedy recovery

Aug 12, 2022 at 8:28 PM Post #97,927 of 150,704
Speedy recover!

Aug 12, 2022 at 9:26 PM Post #97,928 of 150,704
If it isn't improving in a week, would consider seeing an ENT and audiologist.

Aug 12, 2022 at 10:09 PM Post #97,929 of 150,704
re: food. Years ago when I first started visiting Austin (back when there was a big gap of farm land between Austin and Round Rock) the Saltgrass Steakhouse used to be pretty good. Last time I was there, however, the standards seem to have really dropped. On the second day we went downtown to Perry's Grille and that was much better. Here in Phoenix there is a fantastic steak house called the Stockyards that has become my new standard, and I believe it rivals anything I've had in Texas.
Speaking of steakhouses, Alto El Fuego in Bariloche, AR is out of this world.

Aug 12, 2022 at 10:20 PM Post #97,931 of 150,704
That's about what we're paying at McDonalds in the 'States right now. Of course, that's for a seven course meal::slight_smile:

"Two all-beef patties special sauce lettuce cheese pickles onions on a sesame seed bun"

(it sucks being able to repeat that from memory without even having to look it up :sweat:)
1660357215035.png

Aug 12, 2022 at 10:48 PM Post #97,933 of 150,704
Pfffft. That's not my video. If you're looking for mine, try searching for 'Variations on a Korean Folk Song' played via a zero-turn radius lawn mower-attached French Horn. :rolling_eyes:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back