Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Mar 15, 2022 at 9:30 PM Post #89,521 of 150,889
I'll see that and raise you:

1647393546991.png

The 2018 Valhalla is quite nice--maybe I should have one tomorrow in the Schiitrmeet.

And now we can start arguing about Texas wines....
Unlike NC, at least Texas has a dog in the hunt. 😄

Mar 15, 2022 at 9:56 PM Post #89,522 of 150,889
Unlike NC, at least Texas has a dog in the hunt. 😄
Found it...:biohazard:

Just had to chase down the speeding pickup truck

1647394910047.png

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2022 at 10:02 PM Post #89,523 of 150,889
How cute. 😄

Mar 15, 2022 at 10:03 PM Post #89,524 of 150,889
Electrostats were just different though.
Yeah, I had a room I wanted Maggies for but knew placement/size wouldn't work.
Then I discovered Janszen's with the electrostatic midrange and dual woofers. Perfect!

Mar 15, 2022 at 10:05 PM Post #89,525 of 150,889

The 2018 Valhalla is quite nice--maybe I should have one tomorrow in the Schiitrmeet.

Love me that Sangiovese! Need to find some of that Valhalla.

Mar 15, 2022 at 10:38 PM Post #89,526 of 150,889
Found it...:biohazard:

Just had to chase down the speeding pickup

1647394910047.png
We do like to conserve resources here. One shot is equivalent to a whole bottle of wine. 😂

Mar 15, 2022 at 10:42 PM Post #89,527 of 150,889
Yeah...had just upgraded from a Sansui receiver with EPI speakers to a Phase Linear 400 amp with JBL 100s when that album came out.
Played that tune a lot and quite loud :beerchug:

1647379656738.png
Always loved that photo...

Ha! After my Acoustats, I switched to Maggies and stayed there (MGI, MGII, MGIII)...with subs of course. Was close to going for Tympani's but stopped the madness due to kids as well.
Isn't (aren't?) Tympani already plural? Would you need a third tympanum for a front center channel (as if you could see the screen...)? I never had electrostatics or Magnepans. The Martin Logan Sequel was edged out by the Apogee Stage for my college graduation present to myself. Those speakers proved upgrade-proof for a long time. I'd still have them if the kids and I didn't want to recover some floor space in the stereo room for rough housing.

I built mini-Grand style subs for them.

1647393546991.png

I'm not a oenophile, but a couple of former bosses are. One preferred German wines, the other Italian, both considered Texas wines undrinkable. Categorically. Go figure.

Mar 15, 2022 at 11:06 PM Post #89,528 of 150,889
I built mini-Grand style subs for them.

I'm not a oenophile, but a couple of former bosses are. One preferred German wines, the other Italian, both considered Texas wines undrinkable. Categorically. Go figure.
You were lucky. You had smart bosses. :laughing:

Mar 15, 2022 at 11:23 PM Post #89,529 of 150,889

BC has a great wine industry... my wife and I like to stay in the Okanagan and visit the local wineries (there are 100's of them).

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2022 at 11:31 PM Post #89,530 of 150,889
Mar 16, 2022 at 11:01 AM Post #89,534 of 150,889
That appears to be the Japanese remaster ... likely rare! I also noticed your Close to the Edge is an Original Master Recording. Very nice.
Not rare, CD Japan (cdjapan.co.jp) still has all the Wilson remaster cds available. $31 for Tales, $24 for the singles. I've dealt with CD Japan for years with complete satisfaction (apart from PayPal's rapacious currency exchange rates, but that's not CDJ's fault.)

Mar 16, 2022 at 1:34 PM Post #89,535 of 150,889
Hey all,

A quick update, or, "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times..."

First, it looks like Electro-Harmonix and Tung-Sol tube shipments have been "resolved," (in an unknown manner, ha ha, ho ho). The upshot is that maybe the tube situation isn't as dire as it might have seemed. Because if we can get EH, Tung-Sol, and JJ tubes, we have a chance of keeping up with Freya+ and other tube product needs. At least kinda-sorta. As I mentioned, even before EH and Tung-Sol were threatened, we were having problems keeping in stock with new production tubes.

Second, even as the tube situation looks a bit better, we've had a real constraint sneak up on us: Analog Devices ADSP digital signal processors. Despite having an order on the record since last May, it looks like we're gonna be, ah, really hurting for these until at least November--and that's if their schedule doesn't slip again. These ADSPs are used in every one of our True Multibit products, from the Jotunheim/Ragnarok card to Modi Multibit to Bifrost to Gungnir to Yggdrasil. Ouch. What that means is that you are probably going to have to say goodbye to the card and Modi Multibit for a while, and a couple of planned new products will be on hold, until this is resolved. We'll be updating the website to reflect this shortly, and of course I'll be talking about it in the Virtual Schiitrmeet today.

All that said, things are still gonna be fine here—we have a broad product line, and we have worked through a lot more constraints. So don't worry about us. I'm just sad we had to put a couple of new things on hold!

Ah well, nothing is perfect. If nothing else, I have the perfect title for the next chapter: A Tale of Two Schiities.

Yeah, ha ha, I'll be here all day!

All the best,
Jason

Last edited:
Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back